Checked out head to toe!!!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
ZoomZoomZoom;1298437 said:
My most recent story was a trip to a local BBQ place. Some teenagers were admiring the sup and asked if it was for sale. I said "sure, $12k". They were like "WTF!! I can go out and buy a brand new one for that!!". I said, "Hey, go ahead. And let me know which dealership is selling new Supras.."

And my favorite story involves George (Jugodegolf). He was behind me at a stoplight. We were in our sups. I had the targa out on my car. The driver in the lane next to me complimented me on the car and noted how rare they were. I said "Well, there's a very nice red one right behind me" and the guy responded "Yea, but the driver isn't as cute.." ;)

:p

Haha, hot damn! :biglaugh:

I get nods from a lot of middle aged guys, and thumbs up from people in their early 20's to mid 30's. Most younger guys just want to race, I just say "maybe when I go turbo..."

There was one instance when I was driving through a town in Wisconsin and a guy drove by gawking at my car (even turned full around in the driver seat and stared at it)... he almost rear ended someone because of it...

Had a guy with a red MK2 offer $4000 for it, I said "sorry dude, it's not for sale right now".

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ZoomZoomZoom;1298437 said:
My most recent story was a trip to a local BBQ place. Some teenagers were admiring the sup and asked if it was for sale. I said "sure, $12k". They were like "WTF!! I can go out and buy a brand new one for that!!". I said, "Hey, go ahead. And let me know which dealership is selling new Supras.."

And my favorite story involves George (Jugodegolf). He was behind me at a stoplight. We were in our sups. I had the targa out on my car. The driver in the lane next to me complimented me on the car and noted how rare they were. I said "Well, there's a very nice red one right behind me" and the guy responded "Yea, but the driver isn't as cute.." ;)

:p

And I thought he was just getting your number.:naughty:

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
My car isnt pretty so I dont get the "nice car" compliments too often. However, I do get the "what the FUCK do you have under the hood" compliment all the time after I beat people, HAHAHA.

I also seem to get a lot of questions about my gauges, some good and some not so good.

Good - One night I was out crusin and I had a cute set of girls looking at my car at a light, so I gave em a nod. They said "I like all those lights in there, what are they?" When I told em gauges, they had no clue what I was talking about but still said "well, nice car" HELL YEA!!! They followed us around for a little while and then I gave em some of the boost and BOV to make em smile.

Not so good - Another time I was at a light and a country ass white trash couple pulled up next to me and asked me "hey boy, what all dem there gauges fur" and then proceeded to rev their 89 Grand Cherokee rust bucket at me until the light turned green.

So yea, it goes both ways. Im sure once I get it painted, I will get more "nice car" compliments. Hopefully.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Yep. My car is so unusual, most people have no idea what it is. I get asked often in parking lots, and just yesterday a guy gunned it to pull up beside me and shout out his window at 50mph "What is it?" :D

jmono

Dec 30, 2008
Twin Falls
My car is too much of a piece to get any compliments. Maybe someday if I still have this one she will get some comments.

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
jugodegolf;1298866 said:
I parked next to a white mk4 in New Orleans. Told the guy his car looked great. He asked what mine was? If it was new?:aigo:

Man thats nuts. u should have told him to check out the badge

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Parked outside my friends house. Was gonna hang out with him just as his cousin was about to leave. His cousin comes back in the house and asks my friend whose 240 was out there.

Are you serious?
240s are way hotter.

Last edited:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
people tell me my car is going to explode because it shoots flames out of the exhaust.

I must admit, the first time it happened, I almost shit my pants.

dirtbike44

Apr 4, 2008
calgary
jugodegolf;1298866 said:
I parked next to a white mk4 in New Orleans. Told the guy his car looked great. He asked what mine was? If it was new?:aigo:
That is so common up here. Now that people can import JDM MKIV's for super cheap, there are so many people driving around non turbo automatics because they saw it in the fast and the furious.

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
Ok, so I had been reading through this thread today and thought, why doesn't that ever happen to me, lol. Then I went out for a drive in this nice weather and a freaking smokin hot blond pulls up next to me in a Celica and said, "hey nice car", I replied with the standard, "thanks you too". Then she tried to race me, lol. funny scenario, but I did end up with her number....Giggity

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
jugodegolf;1298866 said:

That's a great one George! I would've kept a straight face and said, "Its an '03 supra. Like the new body style?"

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I get quite a few second looks while driving down the highway. I think most people just don't know what it is. The other day a guy pulled up next to me on 183 Airport Frwy and drove along side of me until I looked and he gave me a thumbs up and pointed to my car.

When I had my 1985 Celica GT-S, I had people constantly making comments on it. It was a nice little car, just gutless. Had I known then what I know now, it wouldn't be. :naughty: As much as I loved that car, I still like the supra better.

p1299417_1.jpg

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Zapp;1299155 said:
Ok, so I had been reading through this thread today and thought, why doesn't that ever happen to me, lol. Then I went out for a drive in this nice weather and a freaking smokin hot blond pulls up next to me in a Celica and said, "hey nice car", I replied with the standard, "thanks you too". Then she tried to race me, lol. funny scenario, but I did end up with her number....Giggity

oohhriight!