Check it out, quality shave and color change...Body work is finished!

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Very nice

Very good idea to change your targa seals also-congratulations

Changed mine a year ago to new factory ones from TOYOTA

No more leaks-no more water

One of the best upgrade if you have a targa....

I will keep my eye on this

Please keep us posted

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
Again, thanks for all the kind comments!

I was lucky to find a complete, brand new sealed set of targa gaskets for 75 bucks from a local mk3 owner who had decided to sell his car. The doors barely shut now! :icon_bigg

The center tail section was a bit of a problem. I really didn't want to cut up that whole center piece just to get the trim removed. Right now there are seams at edges that piece -- I think I will wait and see if that bugs me before I decide what to do about it.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
I love the color, and the shave. dont really like the body kit, but with some nice wheels and slam it on its nuts it'll pull it off! but great work!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
You can buy a PWM kit from quickar.com for $10. Check out http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ for details on retrofits.

Kalos;1502214 said:
I have also taken the tails apart in hopes of an LED retrofit. Now I have to learn how to build a PWM...
p1504512_1.jpg

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
tekdeus;1504512 said:
You can buy a PWM kit from quickar.com for $10. Check out http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ for details on retrofits.

Thanks for the info, Tekdeus. I am a big fan of your Supra and your LED retrofit. You have any tips/writeups on the subject? I am still playing around with the led layout design -- when I started I wanted to find a way to light up the center section, but it looks like that's not going to happen. Too bad...

Edit: nevermind about the writeup, I found it

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
What are you using or doing for the rear trim under the tail lights?

As for LED tail lights, they are awesome. It is also on my list of things to do.......... some day, I just dont think I have the nerve to do it.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
RazoE;1503680 said:
point of curiosity, how did you deal with the center taillight panel..?

did you shave that as well..?

92nsx;1505297 said:

Kalos;1504359 said:
The center tail section was a bit of a problem. I really didn't want to cut up that whole center piece just to get the trim removed. Right now there are seams at edges that piece -- I think I will wait and see if that bugs me before I decide what to do about it.

I'm curious as to see what it looks like. I know there's a shaved black car that actually shaved the rear center piece, and BIC's car, which left two small body colored pieces, I'm on the hunt right now..!

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
92nsx;1505297 said:

As for LED tail lights, they are awesome. It is also on my list of things to do.......... some day, I just dont think I have the nerve to do it.

Yeah, I took the plunge and baked the lenses apart, so I'm committed now...

RazoE;1505380 said:
I'm curious as to see what it looks like. I know there's a shaved black car that actually shaved the rear center piece, and BIC's car, which left two small body colored pieces, I'm on the hunt right now..!

Yes, post those pics if you find them, I'm interested. My setup is not how I wanted it to be, ideally, but I'm so ready for this project to be done I will probably leave it like it is for a while. It's fairly inconspicuous. I will take a pic of the rear and post it tomorrow for you guys.

Today we got the windshield installed and a lot of the interior put back together. Windshield sucked! After prepping everything, laying out all the adhesive, we placed the windshield in place and found it was 2 inches too small. So frustrating! It seemed like none of the local glass shops had the right shield in stock, but finally we called Safelite. Not only did they have a shield in stock, the tech that came out was impressively competent. It was a very enjoyable experience. Here are some pics:

p1506344_1.jpg

p1506344_2.jpg

p1506344_3.jpg

p1506344_4.jpg

p1506344_5.jpg

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
That is some quality work you got going on there. Keep up the good work. So I guess you fix both cars and humans huh?

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
ANY pic of a supra in the bay is sexxxxxxy as can be, it doesnt get any better than that...... unless its a bus with a like 1200 hp 2j lol, rapid response,

anyway, thats amaxing work, strait beautiful

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
mecevans;1506373 said:
moar pics! what kind of weather stripping is that?

Enraged;1506617 said:
that new style window trim looks great. I wonder how much a shop would charge to replace the stock stuff without replacing the windows?

I am very happy with the aftermarket windshield trim. Much better looking than my faded metal trim pieces. You can buy this new trim by the foot at any glass place (I would know, I bought 10 feet of it and put it on the one we already had, before learning it was too small) and he mentioned that, though it is ideal to put it on with the shield out of the car, it is possible to apply it with the windshield in place. I don't know what it would cost to have someone put it in, but the trim itself is only $2/ft (about 20 bucks). Oh, and the lifetime warranty includes the trim, so I imagine its pretty durable.

charman02;1506375 said:
That is some quality work you got going on there. Keep up the good work. So I guess you fix both cars and humans huh?

Thanks! I guess I could be considered a people-mechanic. I really enjoy what I do, especially working in this area. We are somewhat rural here, so as Paramedics our abilities and procedures have to be much more advanced since we have much longer transport times and fewer available hospitals. We perform advanced skills like pericardiocentesis, surgical cricothyrodomy, needle chest decompression, intra-osseous infusions, and rapid sequence induction. Anyway, it definitely doesn't make me rich, but it is very satisfying work.