Centralia or Bust! ......Delilahs build

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
^ where was I while these pictures were taken? I must have been more tired than i thought. It got to the point both of us were so tired we just kept making those little mistakes.

About that engine falling thing, happens all the time, at least I managed to jump out of the way quick enough. If ya need more help let me know, hopefully we can have time to fine tune the car and find any kinks before the long ass drive. I'm still worried about that oil pan and any fuel/oil lines that may leak enough to mess something up.

Ht55: I'll have my car back on sunday hopefully so hit me up and we'll go tear up moscow :)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
The only thing that really worries me is the pan everything else is stock for the most part. The dent definatly worries me a bit, but it not under the pickup tube and Ill run 6+ quarts of oil to be sure. I wont be autocrossing it up in the next few months either so I shouldnt have any extreme pan slosh or anything. As for the pictures half of them were taken after you took off. I had the camera in the shop the entire time I just completely forgot about it. I fail on the update and now i dont have a picture of myself riding my powertrain :nono:Next time the motor comes out Ill be shure to take lots of pics. Ill have a lift next time so I might just have to drop the subframe and powertrain from the bottom! Anybody done this?

On another not Im stoked, Spokane county just bought the race track which has been closed since 06 and plans to reopen in a month!:drink1:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I didnt get to take it for a test drive like I had hopped but its close. Once again all the little things took up alot of time.

Since I am runing the stock oiling system on this motor I figured the least I could do was put a slightly better cooler. I had an stacked plate oil/trans cooler laying around so I make some mounts and ran the lines. This took longer than desired and I had to run back and fourth between the fittings store a few times before I had what I needed.
p998856_1.jpg

I used the old oil cooler as a powersteering cooler, I didnt have much room left so its not exactly in an optimum place for airflow. It should disipate substantially more heat than the stock setup even whithout much airflow.
p998856_2.jpg

The radiator, fan and belts are all back in
p998856_3.jpg

Put my PS resivor in its new location and ran all the lines
p998856_4.jpg

This was the first time I have had an eninge in the car to see how close my ic pipes came out. I was pleased to find all my measurements were right and everything lined up. All I had to do was cut each end to length and run a bead to keep the couplers on.
p998856_5.jpg

The bottom was 3 separate sections we bent up, heres the whole system nearly finished. All I have left is to weld flanges on the upper pipe for the BOV, and on the intake pipe for recirc, pcv, ect.
p998856_6.jpg

p998856_7.jpg

Put the ECU back in
p998856_8.jpg

And the Glove box and lower panel
p998856_9.jpg

Thats about all I got done this weekend. I had a few hold ups with the fittings and getting mounts build for the coolers. I also loaned out my mig welder for the last few weeks and didnt get my extension cord back with it. This wouldnt have been a problem but it has an oddball plug and I had to build the cable for it. I had to get new plugs and build another one before I could start on the ic pipes.

I asked my brother and dad to fill the tranny for me and put the center consol back together while im gone this week. If they get that done then next weekend I should only have a few flanges to weld and the front end left to do.

My birthday present from my girlfriend finally came, and she swore she would never buy me anything for my car:icon_bigg
p998856_10.jpg

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure how I've missed the latest updates, I've been subscribed for a while now.:3d_frown:

Absolutely awesome progress, none the less. I am deeply impressed on the amount of time you have put into this. Keep up the inspiring work.

Mike

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Thanks, Im at that point where I just want to drive the car. At least now I'll be able drive the car and take my time rebuilding the motor. So when are you coming to spokane?

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
GC89;998899 said:
Thanks, Im at that point where I just want to drive the car. At least now I'll be able drive the car and take my time rebuilding the motor. So when are you coming to spokane?

I was there today lol. Met up with Cory and Justin to get an AFM from the parts car. Too bad it didn't fix my problem :3d_frown:. Even though it didn't completely fix the problem it did make the car somewhat driveable so that is an improvement. Still have an issue that feels like fuel cut so I'm going to start with the FPR and dampener, if that doesn't work I'll drop the tank and put in a different pump.

With any luck I'll have it going by this weekend. If I do I'll get a hold of you and meet up so I can check out all the work you've done! Nothing better than some inspiration :icon_bigg

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
HT5SSilverSupraT;998910 said:
I was there today lol. Met up with Cory and Justin to get an AFM from the parts car. Too bad it didn't fix my problem :3d_frown:. Even though it didn't completely fix the problem it did make the car somewhat driveable so that is an improvement. Still have an issue that feels like fuel cut so I'm going to start with the FPR and dampener, if that doesn't work I'll drop the tank and put in a different pump.

With any luck I'll have it going by this weekend. If I do I'll get a hold of you and meet up so I can check out all the work you've done! Nothing better than some inspiration :icon_bigg

Whoa dude, that's lame :(

I have spare everything so if you need it just let me know. we have all the stuff on the parts car too. just give me a ring, we can work you a cheap ass stupid deal to get your car on the road :)

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Justin;998952 said:
Whoa dude, that's lame :(

I have spare everything so if you need it just let me know. we have all the stuff on the parts car too. just give me a ring, we can work you a cheap ass stupid deal to get your car on the road :)

Yes for sure blake where here to help! Let us know if we can.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
If nothing goes wrong this weekend, Ill be bringing it down to pullman. Id like to drive it around for at least a week before the 600 mile trip to centrailia and back. I was asking mike when he was planning on coming to spokane. If it wasnt for a lame accounting project I would have been in spokane yesterday as well. I like the ps resivor much better up front too. I didnt really have much choice though. With the ic pipe, intake and oil filter relocation there is going to be no room on that entire side of the engine bay.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Parts I can pay for, that's not the problem, I just don't know what parts I need.

I talked to Luis today and I'm going to try to meet up with him tomorrow. I really just need someone else with a fresh mind/eye to look at it. I've done all kinds of tests on it trying to pin-point what exactly went bad but no luck. So I'm to the point where I think I just have to start replacing the most likely parts.

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking your thread Ryan. I'll go away now :p

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Dont worry about it, when are you and luis going to meet up tomarrow? Iv got a few things going on but maybe I can lend a hand

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
GC89;999278 said:
Dont worry about it, when are you and luis going to meet up tomarrow? Iv got a few things going on but maybe I can lend a hand

Sometime around ~6:30pm is the plan, my lunch break. If changing the FPR/dampener doesn't work then I'm just going to have limp the car into town. Might end up towing it back lol.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Ryan awesome progress glad to see its coming together alright! Did you try to crank it over at all? Early i know but im curious like that. I hear you on not having enough time the next two weeks are going to be a handful with school and getting these cars ready for the 600+ mile drive. Not to mention be being paranoid about my dyno next sat. Havent even started tunning the car yet. Wish i could have helped some this last weekend but been swamped as always.

Get on your bro's case and maybe he'll have the car done by the time you get back :)

Talk to ya wed.
~Luis

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
Well, if everything goes as planned on thursday, (oil pan gasket, and make sure there's no knock) then I could be up there thursday night or friday some time. I need to be back in town before midnight, saturday, for work @ 1 A.M.

Mike