Carbon, kevlar and fiberglass Drift hood???

Status
Not open for further replies.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
So as some of you know there was a "drift" type hood offered for our cars that looks much like this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...902QQitemZ280298690818QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts , well i was talkin to the company and they said they are willing to work out some type of discounted price for a group buy and this thread is just for gauging interest to get this started. I have been told that these hoods are very functional and effective in heat removal by fellow members.

so if your interested please post which one you would like( cf, fiberglassor kevlar) and we will see if this goes anywhere

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
the design looks shitty for out cars, IMHO, an OEM style fiberglass would be best i'd think.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
empera;1347578 said:
the design looks shitty for our cars...

I agree.

I couldn't imagine trying to drive down the road during a thunderstorm, with the coil pack getting soaked by the rain coming through that section of the hood.

For a track car, I'm sure it's a good hood; but not for a daily driver.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if you're getting fiberglass, get something with a design, as it'd look horrible un-painted..

CF looks best unpainted, that's why it looks great in OEM style...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
RazoE;1347598 said:
if you're getting fiberglass, get something with a design, as it'd look horrible un-painted..

i meant painted of course ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IIRC that one doesn't come back far enough to hit the coils...

Also, wet coils won't do jack, but if you drown the spark plug valley it's another story...

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Poodles;1348182 said:
IIRC that one doesn't come back far enough to hit the coils...

Also, wet coils won't do jack, but if you drown the spark plug valley it's another story...

Correct! It stops just short of the timing cover.

BTW - what's w/ all of you guys driving in the rain?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
RazoE;1347598 said:

It depends on the color of the car. CF hood a black car does not look good; from a distance, the hood looks like a gray hood. That's why I had my CF hood "ghosted," tinted black.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1348437_1.jpg

Last edited:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I can't remember who it was but someone here made a hood that was exactly like stock, but the cowl was an inch or 2 bigger. That's been the best looking hood I've seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.