CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Supra28;1787490 said:
Been a while since this thread's been updated. Why don't you have a vid of your last dyno?!! You're slackin' sir.

I am slacking. Lol... That dyno session was an on and off deal. One pull only.

IBoughtASupra;1787491 said:
Those ID's will fit the stock rail with adapter?

Also, how come you don't get a 1ZZ coil setup? It will be SUPER easy to wire in. Coil, ground, trigger(ground signal). It gives better spark than the stock coils and will eliminate the igniter. Just a suggestion.

No adapter necessary for the ID's.

I have the MK4 VVTI Coils so the DH61 will complete the ignition system and solve the known compatibility issues with the AEM.

I may switch to the 1ZZ's in the future though.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
IBoughtASupra said:
Those ID's will fit the stock rail with adapter?

Also, how come you don't get a 1ZZ coil setup? It will be SUPER easy to wire in. Coil, ground, trigger(ground signal). It gives better spark than the stock coils and will eliminate the igniter. Just a suggestion.

I've heard that the V1 AEM is capable of running sequential ignition using the injector #10 pin, but I've never seen proof of it. :( If it has ben done, then WHOO HOO! (I've only ever seen it used in waste fire mode)

I may try makeing it happen if I need more spark, since I have a couple wires buried in the harness from the IAC (left them just in case, glad I did)

We shall see unless Ken beats me to it :D

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Whatever this setup gives reliably/safely. I'm not chasing a number per say; but, I'd like to see ~480 whp with the water/meth.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I see absolutely no reason you won't be able to light that off with the coils you have now. Trust me on that one :evil2:

ninja: I also posted in the rev limiter thread, might be worth a read Ken ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
toyotanos;1787506 said:
I see absolutely no reason you won't be able to light that off with the coils you have now. Trust me on that one :evil2:

ninja: I also posted in the rev limiter thread, might be worth a read Ken ;)

Yeah, I try to be conservative with my estimations because of the stock 162k bore. We'll see how that holds up.

I did catch that post. Good read bruthuh...good read! :)

IBoughtASupra;1787508 said:
An upgraded ignition system, fuel, a good tuner and with some race gas makes for good time.

You have 3/4, find the tuner and have some fun!

I'm not sure my old engine would hold up to race gas and 29psi of boost! :aigo:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey Andy! I've been busy rebuilding my 4Runner. I finished that last weekend and now the love goes back to the Soup! Next up, install the new injectors, DH61 Igniter, and AEM Standalone. I may end up moving my meth kit too. We'll see...

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
CajunKenny;1824054 said:
Hey Andy! I've been busy rebuilding my 4Runner. I finished that last weekend and now the love goes back to the Soup! Next up, install the new injectors, DH61 Igniter, and AEM Standalone. I may end up moving my meth kit too. We'll see...
Rollin rollin rollin, we'll just keep on rollin.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
CajunKenny;1824054 said:

Cool! You could of posted the rebuild of the 4Runner. You know this site loves Toyota!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
IBoughtASupra;1824111 said:
Cool! You could of posted the rebuild of the 4Runner. You know this site loves Toyota!

Indeed!

Sounds like the Supra's about to go through some changes....After following this build, it just now hit me that your motor has a shit load of miles LOL. Way to showcase the 7M's reliability. It's funny that when people try to blow their engines, sometimes it just won't let go and when you try to drive conservatively and baby it...well, we know how that goes....

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Looking good ken, This thing going to be ready for spring? I second the motion for pics of the 4runner.

Here is what I have been working on lately.
IMAG0264.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IndigoMKII;1824109 said:
Rollin rollin rollin, we'll just keep on rollin.

You know it! :D

IBoughtASupra;1824111 said:

You're right about that. I'll post up some pics a little later. Here's what the 4Runner got in the goodie department:
Marlin Crawler 1200lb Clutch (stock is 900lb)
Flow Matched Injectors
New bore hone with new rings
New bearings
Shimmed Oil Pump
Full Race Port & Polish Head w/1mm Over sized Valves
272* Cam
SS Long Tube Header
2.25 Exhaust with a Magnaflow Muffler
All new hoses and such...

Supra28;1824149 said:
Indeed!

Sounds like the Supra's about to go through some changes....After following this build, it just now hit me that your motor has a shit load of miles LOL. Way to showcase the 7M's reliability. It's funny that when people try to blow their engines, sometimes it just won't let go and when you try to drive conservatively and baby it...well, we know how that goes....

Well put and I agree 100%. Sure, I could drop my built motor in; but, my stocker with 162k miles is RELIABLY laying down ~400whp. It's been said many times over. It's not the neglected 7M that's the problem...it's the neglecting owner. ;)

GC89;1824450 said:
Looking good ken, This thing going to be ready for spring? I second the motion for pics of the 4runner.

Here is what I have been working on lately.
View attachment 56851

Thanks Ryan. Pics of the 4Runner will soon follow. Your pickup looks sharp! In the background, I also noticed a Supra begging to get the dust blown off her. :)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
CajunKenny;1824519 said:
Thanks Ryan. Pics of the 4Runner will soon follow. Your pickup looks sharp! In the background, I also noticed a Supra begging to get the dust blown off her. :)

I was hoping no one would catch that ;)

The supra has since been blown off and the cover put back on her. (downside to having my table saw in the garage). The car still needs to be cut and buffed and then all the trim put back on after the new paint so luckly I still dont have to worry about dust scratches yet. Right now Im spending my nights on the couch with a multimeter trying to sort this damn harness out! Ken, we should setup a easide or central WA mini-meet this year!