CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ha ha my exact thoughts as I was fueling up! Even when she's broke, she looks dang good! Thanks Ron.

Yeh, it's an easy fix, I just think it's time to retire that high mileage motor. Plus, I lost enough oil to cause concern. I'm just not sure she can take any more thumping. ;)

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
CajunKenny;1889900 said:
Here's a little update for everyone...

This is what happened on my way to our semi-local Supra meet. I was driving as a Supra should be driven through the twisty Cascade Mountains, and as I headed in to a hairpin turn, I started to brake. A quick assessment by my ninja like race car driving super skills indicated that I needed a tad bit more deceleration. Fearing that the asphalt would be shredded by the grip of my Reikin Raptors, I downshifted in to third. This brought the rev's to ~5500 rpm's, which was maintained long enough to push out the front main. That's the hypothesis anyway.

Are you a writer/editor for Road and Track? Or possibly Turbo and High Performance.....because I would renew the membership if you were lol.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
CajunKenny;1890216 said:
Ha ha my exact thoughts as I was fueling up! Even when she's broke, she looks dang good! Thanks Ron.

Yeh, it's an easy fix, I just think it's time to retire that high mileage motor. Plus, I lost enough oil to cause concern. I'm just not sure she can take any more thumping. ;)

Well at least there's no shortage of motors in your possession! ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Haha...yep. I think I got everyone in our group with my oil slick. This seems to be an annual thing with us Eastsiders... Last year, my car was the one that got dowsed with oil when the supra in front of me blew a cam seal. Maybe we should start a club over here called the 'Slick-Siders'! :biglaugh:

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Kenny, I love your car! This is the motivation for my car. Someday I'll be able to afford to get a quality respray for my car. Your car is just beautiful though! The color, the xxr wheels, everything!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Pyro15D;1909638 said:
Kenny, I love your car! This is the motivation for my car. Someday I'll be able to afford to get a quality respray for my car. Your car is just beautiful though! The color, the xxr wheels, everything!

Thanks Pyro. Show your car proper love and she'll keep you smiling. I with that worked for women... ;)

fromgehenna;1909660 said:
Read trought your build. Sweet!! Hardtop with sun roof is quite rare.

Keep that 7M running. :thumbup:

Ha ha...it is one of the rare breeds. I couldn't believe when I saw it posted on CL. He and his wife were about to have their first child and she wanted a mini-van. So, the poor sap had to say goodbye to his very first car. He'd had it for nine years. Poor sucka... Happy me though! :biglaugh:

Zrain25;1909921 said:
That's a nice 7.3 u got. I got one two love that

Zrain25;1909922 said:
There's mine towing my supra to the painters. i got to much money Into my truck. So I bought a supra and blow my money on that now lol

You have a beautiful supra also

Yep...Gotta love the 7.3!! It's a beast!! It even tries to keep up with the soup... ;) Be sure to post up a pic of your ride with the new paint. What color are you going for?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Very nice. Black is my fav; but, there's just something about a dark pearl blue that I like. One of those classy colors...ya know...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
mattsplat72;1911464 said:
Kenny!!!!! You coming over this side

Matt!!!! Ha ha...you reading my mind!? I was going to head that way this weekend; but, something came up. Maybe next weekend. If not then, the trip will be pushed out a few more weeks.

Pyro15D;1911554 said:
Yes! Come over this way! I have one week of leave left before I have to go back to work.

I'll be sure and let y'all know so we can go grab a bite. :)

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
didnt know kenny was alive.. almost called his wife for 7m parts and advice. Plus that dyno he has, maybe the tractor too.

When your done replacing fets and resistors give me a ring..