CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Supra28;1870609 said:
Can't wait to see the updates!

5th Dyno: Will have an AEM & Water/Meth....Blown already??

JK LOL.

The 5th Dyno has been delayed slightly. ;)

K_SHAN;1870686 said:
GODDAMNIT KENNY! you havent posted shit! lol. has the car recovered from out lil drive to centralia?

I know...I know... The car was headed for the paint booth until the Centralia Blowout happened. I still haven't touched
it....and I mean touched it. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to pull the 162k mile motor. I have basked in the pride of proving to every 7M Hater out there that they can make good power and be reliable with high mileage.

No more basking...

In about two weeks, I'll be headed to the machine shop to pick up the next powerplant. To those that have followed this thread like their weekly addiction to 'The Walking Dead' series, here's a hint......
Crackhead Motor... :biglaugh:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Uh-oh.

Finally going to use that motor huh?

its-about-damn-time.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SupraRon;1875284 said:
Hey Ken. How are things? So you're pulling the 7M and dropping a 1J/2J in? And paint too?

Hey Ron! I hope all is well. Yeah, it was headed for the paint booth until the front main blew. Now, my 162k mile, 410 hp motor is being retired. The replacement has all sorts of goodies! :) I may or may not have it painted once the motor is out. That's still up in the air.

I should have some new engine pics soon. Stay tuned!

Supra28;1875650 said:
^ NO jz. He has a built 7M.

I will NEVER go 1J! 2J.....maybe..... ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: I have a total of 5 complete 7M's so if anyone is in need of a spare, let me know.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
CajunKenny;1875689 said:
Hey Ron! I hope all is well. Yeah, it was headed for the paint booth until the front main blew. Now, my 162k mile, 410 hp motor is being retired. The replacement has all sorts of goodies! :) I may or may not have it painted once the motor is out. That's still up in the air.

I should have some new engine pics soon. Stay tuned!

I will NEVER go 1J! 2J.....maybe..... ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: I have a total of 5 complete 7M's so if anyone is in need of a spare, let me know.

410 hp engine? No updates? :cry:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
She made 384hp/387tq @17 psi. I've been running her at ~21 psi. The 410 is an estimation...

I'll be looking for a little more out of this next motor. ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Nah... ;)

-----------------------------------------

My turbo selection has been made. Precision 6266 T4. 4" Inlet/2.5" Outlet. That's the same size as my current JT62 so modification will be minimal. I have also decided to go with a bigger Walbro. Those ID 1000's are gonna need some fuel. :)

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
just read through your build thread.
this thing has so much more done to it than just what i saw at your house,

great looking car kenny

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Scott. Yes, there's a lot of detail. The old adage... "If you're going to do it, do it right the first time". ;)

As soon as school breaks, I might start on that seal. They'll probably be snow on the ground by then though. :(

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's a little update for everyone...

This is what happened on my way to our semi-local Supra meet. I was driving as a Supra should be driven through the twisty Cascade Mountains, and as I headed in to a hairpin turn, I started to brake. A quick assessment by my ninja like race car driving super skills indicated that I needed a tad bit more deceleration. Fearing that the asphalt would be shredded by the grip of my Reikin Raptors, I downshifted in to third. This brought the rev's to ~5500 rpm's, which was maintained long enough to push out the front main. That's the hypothesis anyway.

Note the "Spy Hunter" oil slick!

p1889900_1.jpg

And here she is loaded behind my PowerStroke.

p1889900_2.jpg

p1889900_3.jpg

And here's a little teaser of what's to come... (nothing like having goodies laying all over the garage ;))

p1889900_4.jpg