CajunKenny's Build Thread

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just swap the USDM glass into the mirrors? I'd imagine that would solve your issue. Car is gorgeous, I'm just starting to read the thread.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Quin;1774185 said:
Might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just swap the USDM glass into the mirrors? I'd imagine that would solve your issue. Car is gorgeous, I'm just starting to read the thread.

The USDM Glass is a different shape so it's not a drop in type deal. I have considered looking in to having glass cut; but, haven't got there yet. It annoys me enough that I can't leave it like this. ;)

mattsplat72;1774206 said:
Mirror's look good Kenny, hope those pictures helped.

Thanks Matt. Yep, your pics were a great reference. These mirrors are amazingly sturdy!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Little bit of an update... I just got back from the dyno and at 17psi, the car made 384whp/387wtq. This was not a tune session, it was just to get a baseline before the AEM goes in.

I'm glad to see my torque back! The last time I was on the dyno, I was running the under-rated clutch that ACT sold me and I lost torque above 15psi.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
WHOO! I think you're going to love the AEM, Ken. Shoot me a text or a PM if you need help getting stuff set up and rewired. We're going to make you make so much freaking powah! :evil2:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeayuh!!! :D

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some insight. I also picked up some 1000cc injectors to throw at it. So...AEM, 1000's, Water/Meth...I wonder what she'll make!!!!

I still can't believe that this 162k mile stock internal motor is laying it down!! ;)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Boo. Melty engines are not nearly as much fun as explodey engines! You should know that :p I vote booooooooost to kaboom! (only engine bang, no trans/diff/anything else can go bang, fyi)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1779236 said:
Easy. Look the other way and press the down arrow on the fuel trim.

:D

toyotanos;1779237 said:
Boo. Melty engines are not nearly as much fun as explodey engines! You should know that :p I vote booooooooost to kaboom! (only engine bang, no trans/diff/anything else can go bang, fyi)

You guys scare me! ;)

Meh...I think I'm conservative enough to make her last a little bit longer. My only concern is the HG holding up to the cylinder pressure of 20-22 psi of boost.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Ah, I'm only kidding Ken. Blowing up an engine is just irritating to deal with; even if you have a ready-to-go replacement sitting at home. I know I didn't have that luxury :p

GOGO fast-acting, long-lasting 7M!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ofcourse we are kidding.

It makes no sense to do it because we all like a reliable running Supra, don't we? :)

On that note, what's supporting your fuel system Kenny? BTwo Bosch pumps will be ideal. One in-tank and one inline.

I am not a fan of the Triple or dual setup in tank. To many points of failure in my opinion with all those hoses and wires in the tank.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Good grief guys...of course I know y'all are joking. Hence, the (;)) I posted. :D

I am currently running a single Walbro 255. My next pump will be the Aeromotive 340. I hope to not ever need more fuel than that!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Not yet. I've been amassing parts. Thus far I have ID 1000's, a DH61 Igniter, and........hey! That's all I need!

Well....except for time to install it. ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Those ID's will fit the stock rail with adapter?

Also, how come you don't get a 1ZZ coil setup? It will be SUPER easy to wire in. Coil, ground, trigger(ground signal). It gives better spark than the stock coils and will eliminate the igniter. Just a suggestion.