CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
No!!! I am totally behind on that! She's even sporting a new stance since the coilovers have been installed. I'm going to shoot for new pics this weekend.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I've been contemplating painting the car for a little while now. My current goal is either next spring or next fall. Because of this, I didn't want to properly prep and paint the mirrors only to have to do it again next year. So, what I did as a temporary basis, was put four coats of Plasti-Dip and then three coats of clear.

They turned out ~ok~. The Plasti-Dip has a bit of texture to it. For us Supra Owners, the difference stands out because we all know that our mirrors come paint matched to the car. It won't look out of place to the normal folks that have black/plastic mirrors.

It'll work for a temporary thing...

It's dark out so these are the best pics I have for now.

p1753186_1.jpg

p1753186_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ha ha... Here are better pics...

I drove the car today and with the new mirrors came two issues. One is that the glass is different and my eyes take a second to adjust to the new depth of view. Things are much farther away.

The second issue is that the passenger mirror will not move in enough for me to use. At its farthest adjustment inward, I'm looking at the side of the road.

I like the way they look and the folding feature is great; but, I'm not sure that trade-off is worth it. Maybe I'll get used to the new view; but, I'll definitely have to come up with a way to use the passenger mirror.

I threw in a couple that shows off the new stance that the Zankoku Coilovers provide...

p1753731_1.jpg

p1753731_2.jpg

p1753731_3.jpg

p1753731_4.jpg

p1753731_5.jpg

p1753731_6.jpg

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
My red 91 has really grown on my over the years.... but your MKIII is the ONE that still makes me wish I had held out for a black one. Car is just georgious inside and out Kenny.
That "finish" on the mirrors is really working somehow. The new coilovers are tight also, just gets better an better!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
S.A. supra;1753739 said:
Man that's one sweet looking mkiii.

I COMPLETELY agree with you! :biglaugh:

bhmsupra;1753743 said:
My red 91 has really grown on my over the years.... but your MKIII is the ONE that still makes me wish I had held out for a black one. Car is just georgious inside and out Kenny.
That "finish" on the mirrors is really working somehow. The new coilovers are tight also, just gets better an better!!

Thanks alot! Yeah, after seeing the finish in the light, I'm happier with it. Now if it'll just hold up till paint time! ;)

The stance is just about where I want it. I'm going to bring the front up 1-1.5". I will also be rolling the rear fenders and slightly rolling the fronts just enough to raise the fender liners up a bit. Currently, it rubs on hard bumps.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
AHHH you must haz paint your window corner trim!!!! >_< lol!!! especially on a blacked out mk3!!!! otherwise, BEEEYOUTEEFULL!!!! (btw for the trim, just tape em off, newspaper everything, sand them and use satin trim spray paint =D)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
LOL npnp my pleasure!! =D At first I thought most ppl didnt paint it because the sealing edge would be missing as well, but then i noticed the sealing edge is separate from the stripped surface, sooooo therfore, easy fix!! haha

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1753785 said:
Kenny, are those Torino seats?

What harness bar and harness did you get?

Yes. Torinos.

Harness bar...it came with the car. I'd have to pull out my file to know for sure; but, I'm pretty certain it came from Suprasport.com.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
lithium14;1753770 said:
AHHH you must haz paint your window corner trim!!!! >_< lol!!! especially on a blacked out mk3!!!! otherwise, BEEEYOUTEEFULL!!!! (btw for the trim, just tape em off, newspaper everything, sand them and use satin trim spray paint =D)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

LOL I didn't even notice that. Only you would Andrew.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Sorry everyone if I annoy them by reviving this thread. But GOD DAM your car is beautiful. Took me a day and a half (off and on) to get through all 134 pages and loved every bit of it. Hopefully one day my 89 can be somewhat as nice as this car.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks man! It has certainly come a long way and is by no means finished. I don't think it ever will be! :)

No worries on reviving the thread. If anyone gets annoyed, the deserve a punch in the neck! ;)

My advice is do as much of the work yourself as you can, what you can't do, make sure who does it for you is able, and in either case, don't cut corners. Make sure it's done right the first time. There's my .02. :)

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I definitely plan on doing it right the first time. I don't plan on going JZ-Series either. I'm sticking to the 7M. I just love the deep sound of it when you're cruising at ~3K RPM along with the low-end torque of it.

Btw, I love the look of those XXR wheels on your car man. Looks sexy ;)