CajunKenny's Build Thread

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Totally swamped at work and home. Haven't touched the car since November and I got a rear main seal to replace. :( Hoping to take some time off so I can get at it. When do you plan to have the rubber back on the pavement?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ron: Now that parts are starting to roll in.....a week at the most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got some of my welded parts back today.

First up is my newly designed downpipe. The megamouth is huge and necks down to 4". I couldn't readily find any 3.5" to make a good transition so there's an edge; but, compared to the previous section of 2.25", it should flow much better.

Note the relocated EGT Port... (for reference, the original one is posted below)

p1704115_1.jpg

p1704115_2.jpg

Original:

p1704115_3.jpg

...and what's this? Yep.....it's the water/meth nozzle bung. It's a bit too thick which will restrict the spray pattern of the nozzle. It'll have to be reduced. I'm thinking that it may have to be taken off completely because the 3k pipe is thick enough to tap there. My mistake...

p1704115_4.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. Got a little work done this evening after being up for 28 hours straight. I'm headed off to bed just after I post this... :)

I trimmed the Meth Nozzle bung and installed the 3k pipe for a test fit of the nozzle and the meth line to make sure there aren't any clearance issues.

I like its location because it's all stealthy like. He he...:evil2:

p1704429_1.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok...everything is done; but, before I get in to that, I have another "wheel" experience! Some of you know what I went through when I purchased my new wheels about eight months ago. It took them a total of eight wheels before I got a set undamaged. That caused me to take my business elsewhere...

So, last Thursday, I took my front wheels in to get my tires switched out. This is a different place mind you... They get me right in and got the tires rotated on my PowerStroke and dismounted and mounted the new tires on my Supra wheels in a total of about 20 minutes. At this point, I'm impressed!

I head out to the truck on my way out to inspect my Supra wheels that are laid in the bed of my truck. Both wheels have glue all over them. I think...meh...no biggie. I inspect the first wheel and all is good. I inspect the second and find scratches, gouges, and a dent!!! I haul the manager out there and he gets extremely defensive, starts raising his voice, and says "How do I know that wheel wasn't like that when you brought it here!?" He continues by swaring up and down that his guy did NOT damage and wheel and furthers with, "I was back there the whole time and saw nothing; but, a typical tire change."

My patience is working overtime... In my mind I saw myself granting death blow karate chops to his neck. Repeatedly......... None the less, I kept my cool.

I settle for a reimbursement and made an arrangement for the next day to sit down and watch the footage from their work area cameras with the head guy. About an hour later, I get a phone call from them asking the specs of my wheel. I gladly give them the information and ask why they need it. He says, that they reviewed the footage and saw that their guy had dropped my wheel off a platform that was three feet in the air. They are replacing the wheel.

So, it total, I purchased four wheels and ended up with nine! Sigh...

Ok...on to the car... At this point, it is completely ready for a turn of the key except that my intake pipe needs adjustments to accommodate the new filter. I should have all that done tomorrow. Hopefully...

Here's my wrapped downpipe. This was NOT fun to wrap. Not at all...in no way, shape, or form. I'm glad it's done! ;)

p1706315_1.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
yoanthonyyyy;1706441 said:
love the placement on the meth nozzle.

Thanks! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. I drove the car yesterday and found out the hard way that I didn't have any brakes! The pedal would only intermittently firm up. A new master cylinder will be here tomorrow.

That said, here is the new intake pipe matched with the new Weapon R Filter. Sorry for the dirtiness and wire clutter. I'm re-routing the O2 Sensor wires because I'm tired of repairing them from getting melted via the stock routing.

p1706965_1.jpg

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Aaaaaaaaaaaannnndddd....I still don't like you! JK. :):) Seriously, I wished I lived in Washington. I'd love to pick your brain for ideas and build up my Supra. Just no real time right now.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I unfortunately do not have a heat shield for that turbo. I've been looking at turbo blankets. All other shields are in place.

I will sleep better at night having it re-routed. ;)

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I've had luck with splitting a rubber hose and installing over the o2 wires, on a local's supra. I doesn't look that bad, mr bling bling lol put some of that chinese finger trap looking hose sleeve (it's shinny) over the split hose, back to bling status :D

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
My T04z hot-side is "wrapped" (sort of) with a rectangle of 2-stroke motorcycle exhaust pipe packing material (type of fiberglass packing) and held in place with some aluminum straps. It's kinda "goofy" until I get a REAL turbo blanket, but it WORKS and a lot of guys look at it and actually like it... while LAUGHING!? (Or perhaps the laughter is related to my Briggs and Stratton lawnmower grass diverter-converted to CAI (crisp air intake) under the front bumper as a scoop?:biglaugh:

Nice progress, Kenny! Keep it up!

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
thedave925;1713163 said:
I've had luck with splitting a rubber hose and installing over the o2 wires, on a local's supra. I doesn't look that bad, mr bling bling lol put some of that chinese finger trap looking hose sleeve (it's shinny) over the split hose, back to bling status :D

Now you're talking! :biglaugh:

crisp;1713215 said:
My T04z hot-side is "wrapped" (sort of) with a rectangle of 2-stroke motorcycle exhaust pipe packing material (type of fiberglass packing) and held in place with some aluminum straps. It's kinda "goofy" until I get a REAL turbo blanket, but it WORKS and a lot of guys look at it and actually like it... while LAUGHING!? (Or perhaps the laughter is related to my Briggs and Stratton lawnmower grass diverter-converted to CAI (crisp air intake) under the front bumper as a scoop?:biglaugh:

Nice progress, Kenny! Keep it up!

-crisp

Crisp...your conglomeration of ideas never ceases to amaze me! Loving the CAI concept! Lol... :D

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
CajunKenny;1708869 said:
I unfortunately do not have a heat shield for that turbo. I've been looking at turbo blankets. All other shields are in place.

I will sleep better at night having it re-routed. ;)

I don't know how your turbo is sitting Kenny...but my heat shield just took a little cutting and it fits my JT62 just fine....

BTW I'm going to beat you to the dyno/tune (going this friday). :)

Keep up the good work man....oh and...your engine bay is gorgeous...I'll trade you