best thing youve overheard about your supra

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
when i first got my supra some guy and his son were walking past the little boy told his dad it was a nice car, and his dad said not as fast as mine as they got in his rx-8

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
me and a friend were rolling to a local meet.i was following him in his mkiv. we were on the freeway chillen at 60 mph and out of no where i see a small red light in my driver side mirror and a quick flash. figure they were taking pics of our cars. they moved forward a little bit to get some pics of the mkiv and levels with me side by side. a couple of black, ganster guys were taking the pics. they were like "yo, dog, thats a tight ass whip!"

even gansters know how supras roll

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jackmk2mk3;1607085 said:
That's not as bad as people thinking you drive a delorean... I had that happen a few times. "dude, I didn't know you had the back to the future car!" a Mk2 doesnt look anything like a delorean... :nono:

Friend of mine gives me that crap about my Mk2... glad to see I'm not the only one.

As for the Mk3, I had all the trim painted the body color, so the logo isn't as easily read anymore. I imagine 98% of the people around here don't know what it is, and the other 2% have quit revving near me. :)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
super.secret.supra.club;1608631 said:
me and a friend were rolling to a local meet.i was following him in his mkiv. we were on the freeway chillen at 60 mph and out of no where i see a small red light in my driver side mirror and a quick flash. figure they were taking pics of our cars. they moved forward a little bit to get some pics of the mkiv and levels with me side by side. a couple of black, ganster guys were taking the pics. they were like "yo, dog, thats a tight ass whip!"

Best response in this thread. "Yo dog, that's a tight as whip!"

[video=youtube;m-UsttSasQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-UsttSasQs[/video]

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

I drove it to in-n-out burgers tonight. Got followed by a group of teens in an suv. When I parked, they asked me what car I have. I told them "Supra." One of the kids said to his friends, "I told you it was a Supra." Then they asked, "What year?" I said "89." One of the kids said, "I told you they made Supras back then."

Last edited:

Tango_hotel

serial thread killer
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I was picking my god-daughter up from her preschool and decided to remove the targa in the parking lot. As I was loading the roof into the hatch, a little girl and her mom came out and made a beeline right for me.
LG: That's a cool car!
Me: Thanks
LG: What kind is it?
Me: It's a Toyota Supra
LG: It looks fast...
Me: It is :)

About that time, my god daughter came out and got in- the jealousy on the other little girl's face was priceless.

Otherwise, my car is a middle aged dude magnet.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
super.secret.supra.club;1608631 said:
they were like "yo, dog, thats a tight ass whip!"

This is priceless... i laughed my ass off

te72;1608681 said:
Friend of mine gives me that crap about my Mk2... glad to see I'm not the only one.

haha It's nice not being the only one, that's for sure. I think I hated the back to the future crap more than everyone thinking I had the fast and the furious car...

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
some kids came up asking if it was a honda NSX, then i got the cops saying its a nissan 240sx and a mazda rx-7, and every one always ask me if its turbo, i also got couple people trying to talk shit but once i opened the hood they stayed quiet

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Heavy D;1609762 said:
some kids came up asking if it was a honda NSX, then i got the cops saying its a nissan 240sx and a mazda rx-7, and every one always ask me if its turbo, i also got couple people trying to talk shit but once i opened the hood they stayed quiet

Could we see what's under the hood?

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
my little brother and sister said when i brought home the newest mk4 "did chris get another super car?" super supra hey they are 7 and 9 they dont really get it haha

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
After completely killing a mustang in a light to light race he yells over to me, "F**k man how much you sprayin to rip like that?", me "I'm not, just turbo", mustang dude "Ya f**k off man, I'm not stupid you know, your spraying and I know it! Damn imports gotta spray to win everytime!", me "Umm sure ok, whatever." And I waved politely at him as I once again leave him behind with my imaginary spray.

Chased down a 300zx one nightthinking it was my brothers car only to find it was not. Talked to the guy a little and then he finally asks what kinda car I'm driving anyways. Tell him and he says "Oh, thats one of them older ones, ya, they are fucking slow ass man, you should get a 300 or something."

As we drove away he tried to impress me with a hard pull while in front of me.............So I casually passed him while politely waving again. Next light his friends are all laughing their asses off in his car and smacking him. He wouldn't even look ov er at me and then he drove like a granny when the light went green.

Last one, recently like last week stopped at a light, mustang pulls along side and kid asks me if I wanna go when it goes green....Sure I say. Then his passenger says "No dude, I know that car, you don't want a piece of it at all, trust me" Then he leans forwards and waves past the driver "Hi Gord! Hows it going man!" I have no idea who it was to this very day, not the slightest clue.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
The other night at work I was letting a couple employees out and saw a black 9th gen Corolla (turns out it was one of my guys' girlfriend) and asked "who's black Corolla is that?" and my manager said "the one parked in the handicapped spots?". Sad thing is, he was talking about my car...

So I said, nah, that's an older Celica. :p

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
parked next to a white MK4 in New Orleans. Guy gets out to pick up something. I tell him nice supra. He says to me that is a nice one too, is it new? Lol. That was way back, but some people are clueless when it comes to cars.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I heard a local rumor that my car has 600whp. I didn't even know it had an engine yet.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
jugodegolf;1612634 said:
parked next to a white MK4 in New Orleans. Guy gets out to pick up something. I tell him nice supra. He says to me that is a nice one too, is it new? Lol. That was way back, but some people are clueless when it comes to cars.

That is awesome George!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
destrux;1613553 said:
I heard a local rumor that my car has 600whp. I didn't even know it had an engine yet.

I take people for a ride in mine and normally get, "man you must be putting down at least 500hp"....yea Stock 2jzgte BPU....no....

Does show you how many people have no clue when it comes to hp figures...

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Flateric;1610095 said:
After completely killing a mustang in a light to light race he yells over to me, "F**k man how much you sprayin to rip like that?", me "I'm not, just turbo", mustang dude "Ya f**k off man, I'm not stupid you know, your spraying and I know it! Damn imports gotta spray to win everytime!", me "Umm sure ok, whatever." And I waved politely at him as I once again leave him behind with my imaginary spray.

Chased down a 300zx one nightthinking it was my brothers car only to find it was not. Talked to the guy a little and then he finally asks what kinda car I'm driving anyways. Tell him and he says "Oh, thats one of them older ones, ya, they are fucking slow ass man, you should get a 300 or something."

Gotta love rednecks and their V8's, and their impression that nothing can keep up with "one them good old v8s"
As we drove away he tried to impress me with a hard pull while in front of me.............So I casually passed him while politely waving again. Next light his friends are all laughing their asses off in his car and smacking him. He wouldn't even look ov er at me and then he drove like a granny when the light went green.

Last one, recently like last week stopped at a light, mustang pulls along side and kid asks me if I wanna go when it goes green....Sure I say. Then his passenger says "No dude, I know that car, you don't want a piece of it at all, trust me" Then he leans forwards and waves past the driver "Hi Gord! Hows it going man!" I have no idea who it was to this very day, not the slightest clue.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
My old supra.

Stopped at a redlight. Old guy pulls up in a mustang.

Him- is that one of them dodge stealth tt
Me- umm noo. Its a toyota supra.
Him- oo ok.

Dont know why but it looks nothing like a stealth. Lol