Automatic or Manual?

Oxedizer

Jul 19, 2009
England
TheAmazingDave;1407953 said:
:aigo: Any more info on this?! Is this an A340e?

How does it work? How do I add it? :love:

This sort of set-up was on one of my JDM Gen 5 Celica's. (A140E)

On the Celica, it would make the car change a 2k no matter where you accelerator was. I, from what I can make out was a winter mode of some sort. However this is why:

According to the Work shop manual, "manu" is intended for when manual shifting was used. So even when you foot was planted in a tight bend the car would not kick down into 1st/2nd, causing sudden over steer. It would hold the gear that you where in, so using the shifter to manually change gear would be the only way to get the car to drop a cog or two.

I used a few times, even though the car was FWD. This in some case would prevent me from going farming in the nearest ditch.

PS: Auto FTW!!!

Matt.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ma71supraturbo;1407905 said:
I stand corrected. Have any specs on it Ian?

None at all Jeff just saw your post and figured I'd snap a pic ;)

I use a PCS controller so have the buttons set so PWR= Upshift and the MANU = Downshift and the OD Button on the shifter switches between Full Auto and Button shifting.

I never ran it with an ECT, one thing I'm seeing as a common theme is "control", the beauty of a programmable controller is I can "tune" the trans to behave exactly how I choose and it is 1000x more consistant than I'll ever be shifting a manual.

The only time I shift using the buttons is on the dyno, other than that the shifter stays in D :)

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
Yip thought IJ had the MANU button, think I saw it in another thread. So I'm guessing cuz he's in Aussie and im in NZ we both have JDM Supras.

Because I can't afford a Suprastick like IJ :( when I get my car back next week I'll try it out and let you guys know how it works exactly.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
--Wolf--;1408258 said:
Yip thought IJ had the MANU button, think I saw it in another thread. So I'm guessing cuz he's in Aussie and im in NZ we both have JDM Supras.

Because I can't afford a Suprastick like IJ :( when I get my car back next week I'll try it out and let you guys know how it works exactly.

Mine is an ADM Supra :p

AND I have a PCS not a SupraStick ;)

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
get the manual. there so fun to drive. If you ever race and win It feels like you earned the win by shifting good instead of just having a faster car.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I still fail to see how auto>manual.. I'm going to go heal toe now and giggle like a little stupid kid.
and how do you cut the power off the wheels when switching from ebrake to power over when drifting with and auto?
I don't think I know of any d1gp drivers using an auto. I could be wrong but just thrown that stuff out there.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
staticpage;1408511 said:
I still fail to see how auto>manual.. I'm going to go heal toe now and giggle like a little stupid kid.
and how do you cut the power off the wheels when switching from ebrake to power over when drifting with and auto?
I don't think I know of any d1gp drivers using an auto. I could be wrong but just thrown that stuff out there.

Please, Everyone knows drifting isn't a real form of racing. :biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
staticpage;1408511 said:

Lift your foot off the throttle.....

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Dumb is Strong With This Thread

Yoda.gif

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Turbo Habanero;1408935 said:
Downside to manuals you blow F-in clutches F my life

Automatic down side: Stuck in park ask "vabeachsupra
2). Can't push start

Auto up side: if you have a turbotimer you can lock car walk away.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Quick question here;

I am looking at a 1Jz T66 single for my fathers project, I have a 7MGTE Auto, in the parts car, the 1J has a 5 speed attached to it, my project chassis is a 5-speed,

can some one tell me if the The 7M auto fits the 1J and will hold 450ish with the minor shim uprgrade as found in the long auto thread?

also; is there a thread around here about swaping auto to manual or vise versa?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
MK3pizzadriver;1410232 said:
I bet the shift lock could be deleted pretty easy. Earlier MK3's don't even have it. And good luck push starting the 3500lb Supra, lol.

Electronic ECT controlled torque converter lock-up solenoid, FTW :naughty:(stock on every auto MK3)

you can push start an auto.?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Koenigturbo;1409590 said:
Automatic down side: Stuck in park ask "vabeachsupra
2). Can't push start

Auto up side: if you have a turbotimer you can lock car walk away.

Only said it cause my clutch went that day hahaha love manual and if you leave the car in N you can lock it and walk away....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
hell yeah, when I got rodknock back when my 89 was NA, my car died going up a burger joint's driveway. Took 3 of us (myself and two officers that just happened to be in the area) just to push it!!