Anyone playing NFS: Shift?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I got it today and it is not too bad. I still have to get used to the physics though but overall I like it so far. There are no Supras thought but at least the selections of cars are bearable and not dumb like a bunch of civics.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
They've got like 10 cars for other manufacturers like Nissan and almost none of others, typical BS from EA doing whats cheapest/easiest to get the licensing for. 67 cars is far too small for this kind of game especially when there's like 5 different types of the same cars.

Still waiting for EA to get their heads out of their asses. Only good game they put out in the past year or so was dead space. And so the wait for GT5 continues.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
I just got 100% of trophies for dead space it was awesome. No life lol. NFS has gone down the toilet for me. I might rent it.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Have you guys seen the amount of advertisements they've got out for this game? Hell even ultimate fighter is sponsored by it.

I think I see what EA's up to on this one; it looks like they thought the problem was they didn't do enough marketing on the previous games rather than the gameplay being the problem :3d_frown: or rather maybe they thought they would compensate for sales gained by having a genuinely good game by kicking up the marketing.

DBN;1409362 said:
I just got 100% of trophies for dead space it was awesome. No life lol. NFS has gone down the toilet for me. I might rent it.

Likewise man, that game had me hooked. Took me 2 and a half days to get platinum, I was on that game like crack.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I'm not getting shift, I refuse to get another NFS game until they make it better. I heard they were going after the racing sims with this one, and even though I've never played shift, I can bet a good amount of money that they didn't do very well. Someone already said it but HP2 was the last really good NFS game I've played, back when it wasn't about the same 4 auto-sculpt body kits for every car since carbon. I mean good job with auto-sculpt, it was great when it came out, but way to slack off.

I'll stick with Forza 3 next month (I think) until GT5 comes out.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
Canuckrz;1408896 said:
They've got like 10 cars for other manufacturers like Nissan and almost none of others, typical BS from EA doing whats cheapest/easiest to get the licensing for. 67 cars is far too small for this kind of game especially when there's like 5 different types of the same cars.

Still waiting for EA to get their heads out of their asses. Only good game they put out in the past year or so was dead space. And so the wait for GT5 continues.

and NHL 09 :biglaugh: i dont even like hokey but man i love that game

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Just been playing Shift for about an hour and a half.. Its not bad.. But not nearly as good/fun as Grid..

Basically.. Think Grid.. but with some car modification, driver experience system, and worse vehicle dynamics.. That's at least what i think about it.
Worth a try. Don't know if you'd wanna go right away and buy it though.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
So, does the game have proper race cars or is it the same street car BS that NFS games as of late have been famous for?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I want to buy it because it has the AE86 in it, but I am also worried because it is a racing game that has the AE86 in it.

Although... GT always had the AE86 in it, so that might not be a bad thing ;).

Jeff

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
its got real cars, there is hondas but only like 2 different ones, there is no ability to rice your car. i have now been playing it for 6 hours straight now and have finally grown onto the game lol. its fun after you get use to it. drift mode still blows ass though :p found that the higher horsepower car you use the easier it gets, at least thats how it was for me. so as for the question to does it have proper race cars. yes it does. everything from your pos car to a pagani zonda even a veyron which i may put is fuckin insane lol

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
i just had my buddy check it out from work ( he works at gamestop :evil2:) anywho im glad i didnt go buy it.... i played it for about an hour and a half and said screw it and went back to playing forza.... i cant wait for the 3rd to come out.....

i didnt play HP back in the day i was still to young and didnt have a playstation... but back in the day the NFS underground games were ok.... they were not the best by far but they were entertaining... and i think NFS Most Wanted was fun too... well at least the cop chases were lol....

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
northwestsupra;1410162 said:
its got real cars, there is hondas but only like 2 different ones, there is no ability to rice your car. i have now been playing it for 6 hours straight now and have finally grown onto the game lol. its fun after you get use to it. drift mode still blows ass though :p found that the higher horsepower car you use the easier it gets, at least thats how it was for me. so as for the question to does it have proper race cars. yes it does. everything from your pos car to a pagani zonda even a veyron which i may put is fuckin insane lol

Well, the Zonda was in the last 2 NFS games too, and is not a "race car". I think when people say race car they are talking about these:

JGTC_Castrol_TOM__S_Supra_by_EvolveKonceptz.jpg

toyota_gtone8.jpg

I'm just like fed up with NFS games, it seems like the last 5 or 6 NFS games I've played have just copypasted half of the features from the previous game.

EA is just rushing these NFS games, I mean what has it been, a year since the last one came out? And before that it was about a year and a half? That seems way to quick for another game to me.

It was april 2007 when prostreet came out. Late last year undercover came out, or was it early this year? And now another one is out? I'm sorry, if they cant spend more than a few months developing the game then its not worth the money to me, maybe when its in the bargain bin.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
northwestsupra;1409752 said:
and NHL 09 :biglaugh: i dont even like hokey but man i love that game

Not saying the nhl games are bad, but I feel ripped off every year paying 69.99 plus tax when there's usually jack all in difference between the years to the point it could easily be updated with a patch.