Anyone playing NFS: Shift?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Kangae;1410352 said:
Well, the Zonda was in the last 2 NFS games too, and is not a "race car". I think when people say race car they are talking about these:
Yessir, that's more like it! Funny though how few games have really famous modern cars like the 911 RSR or even the RS Spyders from Porsche.

Anyway, this is a huge improvement on the NFS series. It's definitely more simulation than GRID but not so much as to be overwhelming like say, GTR and it's counterparts can be. However, the same insanely irritating components that all NFS games of late have shown is the "cheating" by AI drivers. For some reason they have the ability to smash the shit out of me (and it REALLY pitches you off course), and keep right on track but are damn near immovable when I hit them. It is a little bit better in this cheating regard though, as AI opponents don't seem to have super speed to catch back up it you're really dusting them off.

I think overall I would definitely recommend people buy it, and I could give a fuck less if there are/aren't any Toyotas in it. Toyota exclusively makes horrid slush-boxes nowadays anyway...

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
mkIIIman089;1410785 said:
I think overall I would definitely recommend people buy it, and I could give a fuck less if there are/aren't any Toyotas in it. Toyota exclusively makes horrid slush-boxes nowadays anyway...

I feel that the Supra is significant enough to be allowed into games long after they stopped making it, after all I bet there is an R34 in there, and maybe even a 240sx?

Hell, at least in Gran Turismo 4 I can race a Prius if I want to, first and second gen.

Otherwise, I still think I'll hold off on getting it, I don't trust them enough to give them full price.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
mkIIIman089;1410785 said:
AI drivers. For some reason they have the ability to smash the shit out of me (and it REALLY pitches you off course), and keep right on track but are damn near immovable when I hit them

i found if you hit them really fast they fly lol. but yea bumping and pit maneuvering them doesnt work, they just hold their ground. and i still say after playing it for nearly 3 days in a row that drift mode still is gay. now using my 3rd car lol, the simulation quality is pretty good though. but still got a arcade feel to it. like the quality interiors and detail put into the damage "like the slowly cracking windows" btw the 350z fully upgraded is ridiculous and impossible to control. new camaro holds its ground well. zonda R is a hit and miss on traction. new skyline v-spec is freaking fun and IMO the best car so far. the R32 skyline is fun to when works is done to it. although the new skyline says it allows works to be done to it and its not letting me after fully modifying it :( currently working on making a ricer Silvia hehe. "gay rims, multiple colored parts, trying to fit as many stickers as possible" almost looks cool ill get a picture of it when its done. so far i have enjoyed it. and if anyone read my review before i originally was thumbs down but it was mainly because they destroyed drifting in it lol, but now after growing onto it and getting use to it i find it kind of fun and competitive. especially the car vs car "two close to spec car races" eg. evo vs sti.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
^ I found the Cayman was completely uncontrollable as well when fully upgraded (non-Works). Since I made the mistake of buying that car (luckily you can sell them for basically what you paid) I've gone with Works only cars and they have all been fine.

I've skipped every drifting event since drifting is nothing but a crock of shit and I hate everything about it. Maybe after I've exhausted every other event I'll go back and do them.

My fav car so far has to be the LP640 Works, it is SO much faster than all the other cars in Tier 3 it's comical! You can crash off every corner of a time attack lap and still be a full 3 seconds faster than the rest of the field. LOL

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
mkIIIman089;1411526 said:
LP640 Works, it is SO much faster than all the other cars in Tier 3 it's comical! You can crash off every corner of a time attack lap and still be a full 3 seconds faster than the rest of the field. LOL

i know what car i'm goin for next lol, still workin on my ricer silvia

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg