Another addition to the stable...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Nope just a small intercooler and a small radiator....we shall see how that goes.

I got a cheapo small t3 turbo for now....

Going to start wiring soon and start working on the fuel. Down pipe is almost done.....points to the ground now.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
So after a long summer i Finally was able to get back to working on this....

Drilled and tapped the fuel rail since i couldnt use the stock return location because the throttle body was hitting the fitting. Plugged up the original.

I also moved the dipstick and welded a new mounting tap.

I did the oil filter relocation, i'll add a cooler later on.

Added a new filter.

Started to do the wiring.....not the best of pics

Hope to have more wiring done and fuel tank done soon.
Feels good to get back to this!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Thanks guys!

Still figuring out wiring.

I have spark, injector pulse and starter signal to all work. Going to use an Mk3 fuse box as i have 3 extras and i think i can mount it inside to clean everything up. Sump is being welded to stock tank soon and will be running lines short after.

I'm really excited to see progress on this!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Love this car. Wish I could see it in person.. lol. These are so rare its amazing.

and when you say stable.. you actually have one. lol. I have an alley, one garage parking area... and front street.. My stable is usually full but it don't take much. :)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Well I hope to be able to buy a house maybe next year, that way i can have a closer, smaller stable lol

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Wow haven't updated this since August. Well there has been a lot that has been going on in my life. Needless to say my time is now cut in a fraction of what it was when i started this....

I started working on the fuel tank. The stock tank was sumped and i started to plumb everything. Running a inline walbro fp and -6 lines...in and out.

Had the car started for a second on starter fluid...seems like my wiring is correct lol

Teaser of things to come.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
It's running...lol. not tuned yet....got to register an insure when my finances are back up to par. Thinking about classic insurance...not sure yet. Was by the shop saturday evening...hung out with G an jerry for ah bit. Want to see your whip in action.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
I installed the tank last night, had to remove two broken bolts and re-tap the existing hole. Either way its in there and i had to hold down the insulation with some tape for now. Might look for some 1" leaf spring spacers to raise up the rear just a bit.

I like the fact that you can hardly see it, especially when its dark.

Here's a closer shot. I know I know, everything will be cleaned and taken care of eventually.

Next up pump, filter and lines.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.

continuing work on the fuel system, i set up the FPR and part of the return line. Will need to run the rest of it to the tank and the rest of the feed to the pump. Fuck it's been cold out. So progress is very slow.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Thanks!

Got the car idling pretty well....coolant system is almost done and ordered some more parts.

Next is clutch system and brake system....

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.

Had the car idle for a while, ran pretty well...However the water pump started leaking a great amount...so water pump swap