ahhhhh!!!!! why am i still hitting fuel cut?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wooow, talkin bout immaturity.

I'll be the 1st to say it, it doesn't matter what you've done. it only matters what you're doing....

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
Turbo Habanero;1466469 said:
I would think about getting a D.P that gets rid of a elbow all together (Some day if you have the money)

Good luck fixing your problem. :icon_bigg

i woud love to do that but i aleady have a 3in dp that connects to the stock elbow.

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
chefma70;1466467 said:
look jerk.i swear im not trying to show off but since you want to try me.

heres my resume.

I stripped apart a corvette motor and rebuilt it ..(i was 15y.o)...running strong.
I built my 7m from the block up the block dident have a single piece on when i stripped it....running perfect except for the fuel cut.
rack and pinion
master brake cylinder
fuel pump
and every part that goes on a 7mgte

i won second place in Le Cordon bleu's future chef of america contest.
got 5 grand,a messermeister chef's knife, and a chef jacket and 150 bucks for culinary books.

my uncle owns two resteraunts in new jersey one called bleu wasabi and the other i dont remember. he owns two houses one costs 4 million in the nj hills.the second ,his main house costs 2 million and it has a elevator in it.

as good as you are......... im proably a better mechanic and cook than you will ever be. since you had to take the time to post you stupid ass comment im gona say whats on my mind.

your a jackass.

Chef you need to not take the internet so seriously man. People will make comments here and there just ignore and look for the good info written. People will troll for negative responses to get under your skin, happens less on Supramania then other forums.

Word of advice I learned when I was younger:

Don't feed the monkeys.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
quote by a wise friend."'what that your eating its a sub." "no its a hogie."

"call it what you wanna call it im just gona call it food...lol"

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
kikdurazz;1466476 said:
Chef you need to not take the internet so seriously man. People will make comments here and there just ignore and look for the good info written. People will troll for negative responses to get under your skin, happens less on Supramania then other forums.

Word of advice I learned when I was younger:

Don't feed the monkeys.

thanks and i wont do it again .no point in giving away bannanas that i could flambay with rum for breakfast!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
kikdurazz;1466472 said:
J-dub asked him to answer some of his questions, so he did. Then he was asking J-dub if he needed anything else answered that maybe would help the situation or if that answer wasn't sufficient.

Thing is he didn't answer my question (boost sensor location)...the pulling teeth gets old fast. Especially when answered like he did...the written word is subject to interpretation, even more of a good reason to be absolutely clear when answering. After all, I am not the one that needs help ;)

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
chefma70;1466655 said:
are you talking about the small boost gauge box that sits next to the masterbrake cylinder? I dont have one installed i was told that i dont need one if im using an aftermarket gauge. (was he wrong?)

If i dont have one wont that cause the ecu not to know how much boost i am running?

If i got A boost gauge sensor box and tee'd it off with the boost gauge maybe the ecu can finally read how much bost im running. am i right?:icon_razz

i really truly tried to be as clear as i can be.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
chefma70;1466655 said:
are you talking about the small boost gauge box that sits next to the masterbrake cylinder? I dont have one installed i was told that i dont need one if im using an aftermarket gauge. (was he wrong?)

If i dont have one wont that cause the ecu not to know how much boost i am running?

If i got A boost gauge sensor box and tee'd it off with the boost gauge maybe the ecu can finally read how much bost im running. am i right?:icon_razz

chefma70;1466659 said:
i really truly tried to be as clear as i can be.

Ummmm....just to be absolutely clear, the above is nowhere in this thread. I looked. The way the above is presented in your post makes it appear you attempted to answer. That is not even close to the truth. Just so you know, I can see any edits on any post made on SM, including any deleted posts.

I asked 3 times:
jdub said:
Where exactly do you have the boost sensor or it's port located?
jdub said:
You didn't answer my question concerning placement of the boost sensor/port.
jdub said:
Thing is he didn't answer my question (boost sensor location)...the pulling teeth gets old fast.

And, I did not mention a word about the stock boost sensor...why would I, it's location is well known. Plus I already told you (from the previous thread on this subject) what causes fuel cut:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1459925&postcount=6

jdub;1459925 said:
Fuel cut is determined by one thing and one thing only - the volume of air sensed by the AFM. That volume is affected by air density - a colder OAT will cause it to occur earlier. If you have a leak in any of your IC piping, the volume passing the AFM will be more than the motor is using. Thus you will hit fuel cut early.

Vac reading guide:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/TechTips/vacuum_gauge_readings.aspx

It's really simple, just answer the question (vs jumping ahead with an answer) where you have the port that your boost gauge is reading from (you still didn't...and, no you are not right).

Might want to improve the reading comprehension if you want help on a forum format.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
ok.let me ask a simple question what is a boost sensor/port.

because when you say boost sensor all i can think of is the boost gauge sensor and the boost gauge its self. could you tell me where it is so i can take a look.thanks

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
jetjock;1466834 said:
While that may be good advice the point is unless he puts more effort into his posts he's unlikely to get decent help. Ironically, you're in the same boat. Must be that Florida thing again...

hahaha ahaha Florida thing is old i guess where u live they have alot of....Shit like that Goes thru one ear and out the other...

Andrew just be alil more CLEAR man that's all these's ppl are tryin to say

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ummm...what/where did you hook up the aftermarket boost gauge to? Specifics are important...at what part of the IC piping/manifold you are seeing 10 psi makes a huge difference.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
jdub;1466966 said:
Ummm...what/where did you hook up the aftermarket boost gauge to? Specifics are important...at what part of the IC piping/manifold you are seeing 10 psi makes a huge difference.

ok so when you say boost sensor port you mean the location of where the lines from the gauge connect to the motor,right?

i have it tee'd right at the tip of the intake manifold. Its like 2 inches away from where the master brake cylinder hose connects to the intake manifold

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
this is how i have mine done now... and i seem to be having some trouble as well... i cannot get my car too boost past 10 or so psi, no matter what, short of not running a line to the wg, which is lame. if i knew how to subscribe i would, lol. any ideas to the OP responce?