92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
toyotanos;1523235 said:
You are going to want to pre-fill that filter before firing up the engine after any oil change, Rob. But it should have great filter capacity!
Me likey.

CajunKenny;1523309 said:
^Ditto! A filter that size will take a few seconds to fill. And that's a few seconds you're without oil pressure.

I have to do that on my PowerStroke.

Yep I did, and always do on every car I change. It took just about 3/4 of a qt.!

fixitman04;1523394 said:
glad those years i spent at the ford dealers quick change bay helped! finally got my pos computer to work. looking good rob.

Thank you! Yep it was a close fit, but fit :)

Tire Shredder;1523422 said:
thanks for the details! nice work thus far, I love the fluid cooling and line work.

No prob, I was pretty surprised how well they fit. One local member ordered them and once we saw how great they fit Sean and I followed suit.

Well another quick update from yesterday. Installed the monster oil filter, and finally put come carpet on the speaker box/battery holder. Now I just need to reinstall the battery hold down strap and sub in the box, then put it all back in the supra.

p1523568_1.jpg

p1523568_2.jpg

p1523568_3.jpg

p1523568_4.jpg

p1523568_5.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well today I went one step forward and 2 steps backwards :(

Reinstalled the sub / battery box. Then went to start filling the cooling system and my radiator now has a leak!! WTF. It is leaking from where the lower rad hose connects then goes in the end tank. So I will prob, just re solder the joint for now. Once I found that I said F it for today, and cleaned up the Caddy and garage instead.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1523772 said:
Well today I went one step forward and 2 steps backwards :(

Reinstalled the sub / battery box. Then went to start filling the cooling system and my radiator now has a leak!! WTF. It is leaking from where the lower rad hose connects then goes in the end tank. So I will prob, just re solder the joint for now. Once I found that I said F it for today, and cleaned up the Caddy and garage instead.

I feel your pain. My bird escaped as I was driving home to put my car away last fall, and it looks like the water neck is leaking., and I just put in fresh Toyota Red! :: angry ::

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I vote for a new aluminum radiator, Rob. You can even paint it black on the top to look more stealth... Extra cooling capacity is never a bad thing, plus the prices are close to an OEM one.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
A nice Mishimoto Radiator WOULD, be nice. I would even leave it alum color, and not paint it. Just because after time, the paint flakes off and looks like poo. But with spring here there are bigger fish to fry / buy right now.

Plus with a thicker radiator my IC piping will have to get re-done / replaced. In all reality Im sick of spending money on the supra right now and want to get done/installed what parts I have here already. But some day it will get replaced. We will have to see what the check book looks like when time comes.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92nsx;1524342 said:
A nice Mishimoto Radiator WOULD, be nice. I would even leave it alum color, and not paint it. Just because after time, the paint flakes off and looks like poo. But with spring here there are bigger fish to fry / buy right now.

Plus with a thicker radiator my IC piping will have to get re-done / replaced. In all reality Im sick of spending money on the supra right now and want to get done/installed what parts I have here already. But some day it will get replaced. We will have to see what the check book looks like when time comes.
Damn close to best post of the year Rob :D

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I will donate my original "abnormal" Mishimoto for you to mock up new piping with, then. You can even use it if you make custom upper mounts! It is warped, though :( . You and IJ may/may not remember that...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92nsx;1525091 said:
:) thank you, just saying how it is, lol. This supra is going to be the death of my bank account yet!

It's a boat we're all paddling Rob! (but in true SM fashion the guys on the left are going forwards the guys on the right backwards)

toyotanos;1525376 said:
I will donate my original "abnormal" Mishimoto for you to mock up new piping with, then. You can even use it if you make custom upper mounts! It is warped, though :( . You and IJ may/may not remember that...
<remembers> ;)

Finally used the 340 manual thanks Steve it made life MUCH easier!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
toyotanos;1525376 said:

I remember, Thank you for the offer.

But Hundo Drew (Mr. Yuk), is coming threw, once again, to save my ass! He also has another radiator laying in his garage. So he is going to drop it off for me. He also had the manifold I needed once I busted off the stud.

IJ.;1525379 said:
It's a boat we're all paddling Rob! (but in true SM fashion the guys on the left are going forwards the guys on the right backwards)

:rofl: very true, you just drive on the wrong side maybe :sarcasm:

In the mail yesterday came the cold start timer switch / sensor. But it is the wrong one :( The plastic on mine is cracked so I figured I would replace it. Now Im not sure if it is a pre 89 sensor or what, all I know it has the wrong harness connector on it. I sent 92teal a pm to see if he has the correct one and will send a different/correct one. Any one know if toyo changed it fro pre 89 to 89+?

The one Ethan sent me is on the top.

p1525730_1.jpg

I also got another project tackle! Well sort of, it is my sisters Oldsmobile Bravada. The air shocks in the rear have been acting up, (not holding air some mornings). After being in and out of the shop several times to repair the problem, she is throwing in the towel. So Im replacing the air shocks with a strutmasters non-air suspension conversion. (springs and struts). This at least will get the mind off the sup for a afternoon.

p1525730_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Today I just painted the core & replaced the radiator then cleaned up the area around it.

p1526951_1.jpg

p1526951_2.jpg

I also replaced the foam strips on the sides of the radiator so the fan shroud seals up tight.

p1526951_3.jpg

p1526951_4.jpg

I also took out the hard pipe and reinstalled a normal hose. The hard pipe has to many places it could leak from. Plus used the OEM clamps. I have had this "pliers" for several years, and today was the first time I have ever used it, LOL

p1526951_5.jpg

p1526951_6.jpg

Also removed the BVSV and plugged that hole and filed up the system, WHOO no leaks, now I just need to find the correct sensor for the cold start timer and the cooling system can be wrapped up for mow. <-----:rofl:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Shit any one can go to Albert Lea's news paper web site, look on facebook, or do a google search and find a pic of my sis. ;)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I've got a cold-start timer switch if you need one Rob, but of you go AEM, you won't need it anymore- they have cold-start enrichment tables built in!