92nsx's supra build

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1702346 said:
Ian, almost, but on its own power, ROFL.

Stock stuff might not clear ;) That is what the progressive linkage was removed from the Q45. The plenum on this POS FFIM is 4". Not much room to clear the hood and stock location of the alt, adn fender well. Throttle cable has to be on top. as it is :( If you ask me, OEM intake manifold = FTW. As for some 2K$ brakes on a old ass supra, na not now. If I want to stop fast I will drive the Caddy and it's 14.4", 4 piston brembo's. Sup could just benefit from some new rotors and good pads for what I use/drive it as.

I know Im getting old and spend more $$$ on my yard/grass then modifying a supra ROFL.!!!

Or you could go a little bonkers and get a LIPP FFIM, it is pretty much exactly what you want, except for the price.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I guarantee that we can make that manifold do what you want it to do ;) 100%

Emilio- they haven't made any more manifolds since that first one :(

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Emo...I could shoot my self in the foot, but that don't sound fun either ;) ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows what the future holds for the supra. I know the need to spend top dollar for parts / performance isn't there any more. Still love the looks of the car I just have taking a more "practical" look at it lately. Not saying Im not willing to spend $$$$ but could be spent in better places and get the same result. And no It will not be for sale.. I kicked my self in the ASS for a long time for selling my last one. Unless ........................ Viper............................... ROLF

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well over the pasted few days did some tinkering on the sup.

Put on some new hood struts. Old ones still worked but some times it started to slowley come down.

p1705430_1.jpg

Tightened the waste gate 2 full turns. Turbo seems to hit a little harder now, might try another turn or 2. We'll see.
Loosen all the exhaust system bolts and re tightened them, along with installing a new center rubber hanger. Dosent shimmy and shake around any longer :)
Old one on the Left.

p1705430_2.jpg

Then re routed the O2 sensor wires for the TCCS. Still need to install the wideband, but all in good time.

p1705430_3.jpg

Then the mail man dropped these off at my door form my friend across the pond.

p1705430_4.jpg

p1705430_5.jpg

p1705430_6.jpg

Euro rear fog lights! Well see how get them installed yet since there trim is different then ours, but Im sure I can get them in there some where.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Not sure about the rear. For what I have seen Im guessing also backwards. :( I Still need to go threw my pics back from back in 08 when I picked up the engine and hopefully one pic will show the rear. Any way when I drop the tranny to re-seal it, I'm planning on R&R the rear seal also just for the fact of.

:( one bad thing is the switch for the fogs is pre 89 style, with the gray on it. not sure what I will use, or maybe I will wire it in with the running lights. Not 100% sure yet.

A couple pics of where to mount the euro fogs. Im thinking right in the center. I used tape just to get a rough idea for where

p1705454_1.jpg

Also looks like the molding is just a little larger then the trim, So I may just be able to cut a "hole" out. Not much larger but a little.

p1705454_2.jpg

p1705454_3.jpg

Also one other idea for where to install them. Closer to the center? LMK what you guys think.

p1705454_4.jpg

Here are a couple reference pics of U.S. and Euro. rear lights.

p1705454_5.jpg

Euro

p1705454_6.jpg

EDIT: On second thought I think I might want to install the or a switch. Im surprised how bright it is. Pretty much as bright as when your brake lights are on! Not the running lights.

p1705454_7.jpg

p1705454_8.jpg

p1705454_9.jpg

Brakes pressed here so all lights are on.

p1705454_10.jpg

Dark / night pics for brightness affect

p1705454_11.jpg

p1705454_12.jpg

Last edited:

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Holy bright lights batman! I'm not sure they would be legal to have turned on while driving to be honest...

I'd just put them on the tail light circuit, but have a cutoff switch somewhere so you can disable them when you want. That way they can't be turned on willy-nilly, but can also be turned off if desired.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I dont like having the same things as every other supra owner out there ;) We will see if some one can do a photoshop first, before any JDM tail light get cut up .

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Yea i understand the need to be different. That is part of the reason my 87 will remain looking like a 87. The only mod i am making to the car is to the rear spoiler. We are removing the BRICK 3rd break light and cutting in a light bar off a Subaru. It is odd as i have 3 87,88s and 2 have like a brick and the 3rd has a more angular light. The lenses are dated 84 on the brick ones and 86 on the better looking. Also going off the chart with paint. There will be NO missing mine in a row of supra's lol

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
hate to say it rob... but unless you are gonna swap the tailights and center panel i cant see this looking good. our plate should fit in the euro panel

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Plate won't definitely fit :) And well of course it's bright :D, sometimes with the weathers we have this is the only light anyone in the back can see.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Check it out..

p1707598_1.jpg

I wanted to do this about a year ago, I was in contact with someone overseas, but we fell out of communication. I was alternately thinking of using our OEM rear sidemarkers with LEDs, as those can get pretty bright, and look like they can fit in the trim section that is not rubber. Also I've messed with using an upside down GT-S Corolla/88 Turbo brake light with an LED as well under the rear bumper, but I gave my light to my friend who is definitely going to do it (I was on the fence about it)..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Awesome Razoe, you the MAN!!!!! Nice find on the picture, that is what I was looking for.

Now that we have a pic, how do you other guys think on how thy look?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Once again not much done to the sup, rather more garage work.

This week was sad to hear a long time supra owner is finally getting out of the game. Pretty much all electronics including the M800 is already sold. Sean is probably happy to hear :(

Floor half done. Now to let it cure and move shit around and do the other side, and paint the block

p1713256_1.jpg

p1713256_2.jpg

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Sad indeed, but I don't think Sean would be happy.
Perhaps he will go the Sean route and just buy a stock car that runs? I think that would be cool- kinda like picking up from where he left off (when it went down during his college time)