92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
emiliorescigno;1693256 said:
Man I wish I had the time to get around to doing my front oil seals - what's the trick you use to get the crank pulley on/off? I'm afraid to crank on it with the auto sitting it park. The TSRM of course says to use a special tool, but there's another way I'm sure!

You can only fix things if you have to right tool for the job. (or barrow the right tools ;) )

My pulley came right off. Only has been on the motor 0>3K miles. Other then that might need a HUGE ass gear puller, that I happen to have also. Had to use it the first time. Sorry no pics of it at the moment. As for taking the bolt off, Put transmission in 5th gear, set E-brake (as long as it works, LOL ) 1/2 breaker bar, 19mm socket and 4-5 foot pipe, then push/pull. see pics.

p1693709_1.jpg

p1693709_2.jpg

p1693709_3.jpg

toyotanos;1693259 said:
I <3 my impact guns! [SUB]nobody here likes that I use them, though[/SUB]

Need high power impact gun that I don't own. Mine are low, Honda style power, lol

Moy;1693346 said:
I had a crank pulley holder, Schley 64300. Brace a breaker bar against the frame, then take another breaker bar on the bolt and lean back and crack goes the bolt. Works every time, and don't need to take out the radiator. Just remove the fan and shroud to give enough room ;)

I've done a timing belt using this tool in about 30-45 minutes. 2JZ took me a little longer but only because me and my buddy were taking our time :)

Your alive!!!

northwestsupra;1693365 said:
I just use my hands lol and if that fails I call chuck Norris

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

^^ Yep.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Looks like time to drop the tank. It isn't the Bosch 040, like I have been planning, but the price was right. :) It came out of Greg's 3kgt, after he also ran out of fuel on the dyno. Picked it up the the meet yesterday. Pretty much equivalent to a mkiv pump.

Desno 195130-1020

p1700556_1.jpg

p1700556_2.jpg

EDIT:

Also what do you guys think of this place for the wideband mount? Only bad thing is a custom holder out of fiberglass will have to be mated to the top plastic cover. Witch in the end will have to be painted and wont match the finish/gloss of the surrounding plastic. Other place will have to be where the ash tray was witch isnt a bid deal, just worried that it wont be at a "quick glans view".

p1700556_3.jpg

p1700556_4.jpg

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Rob, depending on how much LxWxH it is, you may be able to modify your stock cluster and mount it where the TEMS lights are (if you don't have TEMS anymore, that is). It would look pretty clean if done right and would be easy to take a quick glance.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Moy;1700588 said:
Rob, depending on how much LxWxH it is, you may be able to modify your stock cluster and mount it where the TEMS lights are (if you don't have TEMS anymore, that is). It would look pretty clean if done right and would be easy to take a quick glance.
I thought that too, but it is too long with the harness without hacking the shit out of whats behind it.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I thought of modifying the cluster, Im keeping TEMS, but thought of removing the clock and installing it in that area. But as Sean said, this thing has a long as hell harness and don't really feel like hacking it up and not sure if there is room behind for the harness. I will have to dig up my old photos form the cluster swap and see what room is there w/o removing it.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Umm..... Ideas, ideas. I like them.

Side note Emilio just stopped by and more parts off the red supra went down the road. His room mate picked up the hood and rear bumper I had. The alternator I bought down to the meet for him fit & works like a champ so the blue sup is back on the road.

All this Supra action makes me want to get what I have installed on my sup, and remove the jack stands from under it. Maybe this week after work I will start some of the projects that needs to be completed.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Good to hear I could help add a little bit of motivation to the project - it's a shame for such a nice car to spend its life as a shelf. Hopefully the new fuel pump will help wake it up a little bit.

Thanks again for the alternator - and those body panels of yours are going to a good cause - Dan's Supra should be healthy and ready soon.

edit: I just had Dan register an account here on SM - I think a build thread is coming up!

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well tonight, I said time to come down from hovercraft mode. I can all ways lift back up to install goodies.

p1701566_1.jpg

p1701566_2.jpg

p1701566_3.jpg

The madin voyage I found I forgot to tighten up a intercooler hose clamp. Opps! but was able to limp it home to tighten it up. Then ran it down to the local bar. Man the Changers are HUGE !!!!!! LOL

p1701566_4.jpg

She runs just as before.........awesome. ! Only ran it up threw 4th gear, man is it fun, and get up there quick :)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
What ever it is called, some Dodge product car, LOL.

What is up with the Wednesday night meets. No more Thursdays?

Well drove the sup today. I remember why I dont like it, and at the same time kicking my ass for not doing more this winter to it. 3 EZ things I would really would have liked to fix/modify.

1: A normal idle (right now is about 1300-1500) with Vacuum. Thinking it has something to do with the TB yet. Were a fox body TB would take care of it. Something with a O.D. around 2.5" (IIRC 75 mm?)

2: Modifying the center exhaust hanger! The 3" exhaust vibrates against the body since the Boss turbo install. Around 1400-1800 rpms is where it vibrates. The center hanger just needs to be changed from the rubber hanging mount to a hook with a o-ring style (like what is used for the muffler) that will pull it to the left side of the car 1/4" or so, not much needed.

3: replacing the sub I smoked last summer. Literally up in somke! Jamming in the garage one night I decided (in my drunkin mind) I was going to feed it the full power of the MTX 81000D amp. 1500 watts rms is a little much for a sub ratted at 250ish. But it sounded good for 10 min before the amp got the best of it.

Now just need to get use to the Euro style left side mirror and not having huge brakes like the caddy & vette.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Rob- we should make up an adapter plate for you. Run a stock TB, and we can modify the linkage to still be progressive :) You can keep the manifold- it should be fine!
As for brakes...get some! These WW's are great imo, spendy, but well worth it. TBH, it feels like stock pedal effort with the low vacuum.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ian, almost, but on its own power, ROFL.

Stock stuff might not clear ;) That is what the progressive linkage was removed from the Q45. The plenum on this POS FFIM is 4". Not much room to clear the hood and stock location of the alt, adn fender well. Throttle cable has to be on top. as it is :( If you ask me, OEM intake manifold = FTW. As for some 2K$ brakes on a old ass supra, na not now. If I want to stop fast I will drive the Caddy and it's 14.4", 4 piston brembo's. Sup could just benefit from some new rotors and good pads for what I use/drive it as.

I know Im getting old and spend more $$$ on my yard/grass then modifying a supra ROFL.!!!