92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ Put more then 1,000 miles on my once a year oil change. LOL. As for any real plans/wants, replace the seat belts (witch are in the pile ) and make it more of a driver friendly car. Might be as ez as replacing the IC piping, BOV, throttle body, & cams. Another REAL problem is not having enough vacuum at idle. I still need to get rid of the 272's ( witch I thought you were going to buy, but not any longer) witch I think will fix my vacuum pressure problem. Running out of brakes is fucking scary due to lack of vacuum.

As for spending cash it is a endless thing for me. More you make to MORE you spend. Still thinking viper GTS ;) Supra is back burner project.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Indeed, I thought you were only complaining about the cams, not thinking about selling... Oh well. If you need stock cams I have the ones I pulled out if you don't have a set.
That said I increased the lobe seperation on the cams and the vacuum is freakin awesome compared to the original spec! Might want to try that on your end. I'm excited to see what they do to this turbo!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yes, Ill take them. I didnt get me OEM cam back from my engine builder. :(

I have moved those cams all over the place and all I managed to do is change the exhaust tone. I will need to have you take a look at it some day. MAybe you have a better touch then I do.

I already know what these cams do with this turbo ;) Yes you will like it on the top end when both the cams and turbo start playing nice with each other

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yup yup, sounds like fun! I think we can get a lot of your issues sorted out this summer for relatively cheap. Some things may be a bit more spendy but that's where you get to decide where to go with the car!

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
92nsx;1636399 said:
First of all, sorry about the shit pics. My Evo phone broke and is in for r&r, so I used this loaner palm phone ( witch sucks by the way) for the pics. I think my cat hid my Dig camera on me.

Well good news and bad news.

First the bad, I sent the clutch I bought back. At the time I didn't see it was a stage 2 and not a 3+. Thank you Steve for the heads up ;)

The good news, about a week ago the slow boat from across the pond showed up :) Well worth the 8 week shipping time.

p1683948_1.jpg

p1683948_2.jpg

Now the bad ( sort of ) news about them.

They were suppose to be the same paint code as my car but there a tad darker then my paint. :cry: it looks to be the same color as Steve's car. But there close. Also on one mirror it looks like the screws were corroded in and to broke off, then the guy tried to drill them out. But it shouldn't be to hard to fix.

p1683948_3.jpg

p1683948_4.jpg

You wouldn't by chance have the part number for those side mirrors do you? They look really nice! Good job on sourcing those.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
He hasn't decided whether he wants to go standalone or piggyback or (more) back to stock yet. In an amazing turn of Rob-esque events, his AFR's were spot on when we dyno'd last year :angry: We also made the exact same power that day as well.......
I'd like to see him making 758743948394hp, but how he gets there will be his choice :)

goodhart

Jul 8, 2010
Cambridge , MN
mitsustyle.com
Ah I see. Too bad you guys can't just rock the stock ECU. All I had to do was buy and $80 cable, download ECU Flash for free and pay $25 for EvoScan (logging) haha

Don't most you guys run AEM? The pro EFI looks tits though

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I know Sean was, I am, Dan is, and Sharif (guy who bought Sean's setup) will be. Pro Efi is cool, but the main detraction is that it isn't plug-n-play like most car owners want. Just look at your Evo- buy a cable and that's it! BOOOOOOO is all I say to you good{hart} sir! BOOOOOO!!!!

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
OK i just spent the entire morning about 5 hours reading the entire thread. Lots of great information and links i hope to use on mine someday also. Your build seems to be top notch and i agree with not doing the home depot build. I am also going slow on my supra and only doing what i can afford as i go, sadly i don't have the bank you have to invest that quickly.

I think i myself would have liked the pictures as it was done instead of all in the beginning. The here it is to start and maybe toss in a few teasers to keep people interested in seeing more would have been great. I enjoy reading what you have done an then seeing the pictures, this really helps the intellectually challenged folks like myself.

Would also like to comment on the great friends you seem to have, that has got to be a HUGE plus!! Cudo's to your GF who from the pictures has been the same the entire build!! Also i liked that on this forum unlike SF it was not 3 posts then 50 bashing flaming replies that really ruin the entire thing. I will be spending most of my time now in this forum as it seems to be a more mature grp.

Now as to your most current thoughts on the viper and driving the vette more and the supra less. I understand the amount of money needed to finish ( if ever possible ) the supra. I see keeping the caddy as it is a very nice ride. The vette is cool but face it they are like big busted blond's a dime a dozen and anyone with a few bucks can drive one. The viper may have a cool factor and if you did not already HAVE a keeper for a GF i would say buy it for the get me laid factor. I would think the money spent on it will far exceed what it will cost to finish the supra and you will have the pride knowing YOU did it YOUR way. Most guys i see driving a Viper are 60+ wearing gold chains and pastel pants, or some rich punk who needs to show his daddy has money an he is driving his penis extension to show off. If you want another toy why not sell the vette an go with a Mark IV? With the detail to OEM you have shown in this build i don't see it losing value. I have wanted a vette for close to 40 years and after getting my supra i no longer want one.

Anyway in closing again awesome job and i hope to read more as spring gets closer and the snow melts. Wish i was one of your neighbors or lived close by as everyone who has helped and had in put seems A+ in my book

:)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Supra469;1683948 said:
You wouldn't by chance have the part number for those side mirrors do you? They look really nice! Good job on sourcing those.

Only thing I can find for part #'s are in the links below. Im sure they are no longer available from toyota.

87910-1B070-13

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/catalog.aspx?F=8701&P=2

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/part.aspx?S=87910

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/part.aspx?S=87908B

Thank you, they took a long time to find in usable condition, euro, and the correct color.

goodhart;1684141 said:
Rob, has this thing got tuned yet? If not, put that on the list.

Some day list ;) No hurry with 400+ hp at the rear wheels as it sits right now.

toyotanos;1684173 said:
He hasn't decided whether he wants to go standalone or piggyback or (more) back to stock yet. In an amazing turn of Rob-esque events, his AFR's were spot on when we dyno'd last year :angry: We also made the exact same power that day as well.......
I'd like to see him making 758743948394hp, but how he gets there will be his choice :)

:) :) :) Correct in so many ways.

1StTurbo;1684340 said:
OK i just spent the entire morning about 5 hours reading the entire thread. Lots of great information and links i hope to use on mine someday also. Your build seems to be top notch and i agree with not doing the home depot build. I am also going slow on my supra and only doing what i can afford as i go, sadly i don't have the bank you have to invest that quickly.

I think i myself would have liked the pictures as it was done instead of all in the beginning. The here it is to start and maybe toss in a few teasers to keep people interested in seeing more would have been great. I enjoy reading what you have done an then seeing the pictures, this really helps the intellectually challenged folks like myself.

Would also like to comment on the great friends you seem to have, that has got to be a HUGE plus!! Cudo's to your GF who from the pictures has been the same the entire build!! Also i liked that on this forum unlike SF it was not 3 posts then 50 bashing flaming replies that really ruin the entire thing. I will be spending most of my time now in this forum as it seems to be a more mature grp.

Now as to your most current thoughts on the viper and driving the vette more and the supra less. I understand the amount of money needed to finish ( if ever possible ) the supra. I see keeping the caddy as it is a very nice ride. The vette is cool but face it they are like big busted blond's a dime a dozen and anyone with a few bucks can drive one. The viper may have a cool factor and if you did not already HAVE a keeper for a GF i would say buy it for the get me laid factor. I would think the money spent on it will far exceed what it will cost to finish the supra and you will have the pride knowing YOU did it YOUR way. Most guys i see driving a Viper are 60+ wearing gold chains and pastel pants, or some rich punk who needs to show his daddy has money an he is driving his penis extension to show off. If you want another toy why not sell the vette an go with a Mark IV? With the detail to OEM you have shown in this build i don't see it losing value. I have wanted a vette for close to 40 years and after getting my supra i no longer want one.

Anyway in closing again awesome job and i hope to read more as spring gets closer and the snow melts. Wish i was one of your neighbors or lived close by as everyone who has helped and had in put seems A+ in my book

:)

Thank you for the nice words, Yes this build has lasted for years, and don't really see it ending any time soon. Yes I am very great-full and thank-full for the friends I have made around this area. A wealth of knowledge is only a phone call away for me. Thank you all!!! And some times it is just helpful having more then one person look at it.

Before my last computer crashed I had a TON more links for info, pics, parts, how-to's, ect.

As for a mkIV sup, Im not a huge fan of the new style, sort of "over ratted", and in all reality are way over priced for what you get.

The vette is expendable like all cars for the right price. I also shopped around for it and scored a awesome deal on it. Even with that Vette I fuck with the "status quo" just like I would with a viper. If I found a GTS the Vette would be gone, even tho I love driving it. It is really a "drivers" car with the suspension and RPO's that this car has. The caddy, well that also might be gone shortly in trade for a 06-07 STS-V ;). Just as bad ass only I dont need a third peddle and has WAY better options.

One of these days I will kick it in the ass, or get off my lazy ass, LOL , and order the Toyota seals I need for the front of the motor that I want to replace. That reminds me I have the part # list some where. I will have to look for it and give Steve or Champion toy a call.

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
So need to refinance this year for a shop!!! My car had more snow then your friends (project snow something) I have been drooling over parts all day. I hope the new client for our home pans out as i need the spare funds again to work on my car. This thread has helped me decide to do it slow do it right.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
1StTurbo;1684785 said:
So need to refinance this year for a shop!!! My car had more snow then your friends (project snow something) I have been drooling over parts all day. I hope the new client for our home pans out as i need the spare funds again to work on my car. This thread has helped me decide to do it slow do it right.

Project snowbank? I might have a picture with more snow than my sig now has. I really do need to update my build thread....

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
1StTurbo;1684785 said:
This thread has helped me decide to do it slow do it right.

Slow and correct with the right parts is just fine. As long as it isn't your DD. Learn one from this thread, Buy what ever you think is good/you want. Shop the F/S section for good deals, check craigslist, but as for gaskets and seals on the 7M engine, BUY OEM TOYOTA ONLY! (besides the head gasket, obviously, LOL )

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
emiliorescigno;1684794 said:
Project snowbank? I might have a picture with more snow than my sig now has. I really do need to update my build thread....

Last winter she sat with 3 feet of snow, hell i think it did a few times this year. Was nice though would shovel into the door hop in hit the key an she would start up like i have been driving her all day. I was going to take a pic to post but on the OTHER supra forum i would have been treated like a child abuser.

Feel free to check out my profile albums i have pictures of mine an wife's supra's. yea i was stupid an bought her one also lol. The wheels in this pic were just to see what they look like. think i will go with these an MORE rubber

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well didnt do much but finally replace the seat belts with ones that are not cut and also the rear latches since mine were a little sun faded.

Before
p1685481_1.jpg

p1685481_2.jpg

p1685481_3.jpg

p1685481_4.jpg

p1685481_5.jpg

p1685481_6.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I really need my evo phone back. This thing suck at taking pics.

Hundo stopped by Toyota for me and pickup the seals I need. Looks like I will have something to do this wknd. (for those wondering there new seals for the front of my motor, current ones failed at 0, that's ZERO, miles on the motor :( ) And is a source for pissed off-ness after a 7K$ engine build

p1687084_1.jpg

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Poor Rob :( On the plus side you get to see your balance oil pump shaft pulley...

Edit: I FAIL!

Last edited: