7m to 2j mani... Why not?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I know theres like one of these threads made every month asking if the 2 mani will bolt on the 7m. Then a few comments of "you can cut the runners and weld them together, but its a hackjob."
How come no one has made a decent 7m to 2j intake manifold adaptor? Seems like it would be super cheap to make, and i'm sure whoever made it could sell craploads of them.
2 flanges and some alum piping would be cheap... so why not?

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
im still currently working on mine right now, ive gotten to the point that im about ready to put the 7m flange on JZ lower runners, but i havent quite gotten to the point of dealing with the TB yet. ill try to post pictures this week of it, when i get more time

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ.;1803061 said:
I looked at it a few years back and it'd require a good 4/5 axis CNC to do an adaptor plate.

Translation: "more than you can afford pal"

fast_furious.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Not too sure but it's the same design pretty much so should be pretty easy to use. Pretty site the 7m one won't work right as far as where the hoses go. 2jz one might actually fit on that setup maybe.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You just have to drill a couple holes bigger for it to bolt up. But it should be port matched to do properly.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't believe they line up correctly, so it would be to be ported to match each other.

If there was enough interested, I'd start making the 7M FFIM again that I have pictured in my vendor section that keeps the alternator and compressor and I believe it looks quite nice!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya the runners don't match up. So the need to be ported and same with gasket.

It's some work. Not really bolt on and go.

To have a properly functioning part usually it's not going to be cheap.

It's also the reason ffim are expensive. Need to have a tig welder for one. Second need to know how to use it. Materials. Time invested. Tigs aren't cheap and it defiantly takes practice to get good and thought process to build it
Even if you had all that already still need need to make money doing it or what was the point of selling it online to someone you never met in person.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
My college is going on strike very very soon, if they keep the shop open I might try to do a bit of R&D about a FFIM with the cncs

do any of you have CADS or drawing of the stock flange/intake runners