67 camaro with a 2JZ?!?!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I have mixed feelings about it. Its a cool swap and they obviously put some serious work into it. Its makes sick HP and making a small block make that kind of HP would probably cost just as much...

BUT...I hate to see such a beautiful car desecrated like that. I mean American muscle should stay american muscle and imports should stay imports. I would feel the exact same way in reverse seeing a well done LS swap in a Supra.

But those tails were friggin nice!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Are those the turn signals in the beginning of the video? That's probably the coolest taillight mod I've ever seen.

As for the engine... Eh. The whole car looks very clean, Just not the Car/Engine combination I'd do. But I suppose if you've got the money and means to do it, why not?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Awesome taillights! They put a lot of $$$$ and time into that car. I believe the 950-1000hp makes up for not having a v8 in it.Plus it would confuse the hell out of anyone that rolled up next to it and heard it.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My dream car :love:

It would need to be 100% stock appearence wise and have full Supra running gear ie: Suspension and Steering along with a BBK!
(thought about this using a late 60's Monaro as the donor shell)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Horrible to do that to that car :( If any modern motor had to go into a 67 camaro, the LS series would be it (LS7 would be awesome). Did like the push start and the defi guages though.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
s0ulstar;1013150 said:
this is the answer to any problem. "put a ?JZ in it"

That certainly does seem to be a common occurance these days, 2JZ S13, 2JZ S2K, 2JZ 69SS...whats next? 2JZ 32 Ford Roadster? :nono:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
maybe, Lexus has already dropped a 1UZ in a 32...

DSC07536.jpg

shouldn't be that controversial though, everyone drops 350's in 32 roadsters...

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
regardless of what all you old schoolers may think, I think its a beautiful car with a 2jz in it. Its a great piece of craftsmanship and engineering and I do think the ingenuity and the perseverance of wanting to be different accomplishes all that by building that car.

Yes its a muscle car and yes it was meant to be a muscle car however, we would all be driving muscle cars if it wasnt for the ingenuity of man wanting to try different things.

There are plenty of traditional muscle cars floating around in this world so if one decided to go 2jz no big deal stop complaining.