2JZGTE MKIII Swap Info

suprajeff

Jul 27, 2007
toccoa,ga
on installing 2 jzgte into a mk3 with r154 trans,do you need to run a 1jzgte flywheel or a 2jzgte flywheel,on reading the first part of the swap,it says 1jzgte,so not sure

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ChrisC;1263337 said:
Wow, theres so much great info in this thread. I should stop reading before I convince myself to do this swap hahah

No you shouldn't ;)

Seriously though, I have yet to know anybody who's been disappointed in going JZ.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Is there any way to keep the stock twins with out having to bang out the fire wall?

Word on the street is us usdm twins,and manifold and it's spose to clear.Im not sure if thats right but that is what I heard.I tryed searching and got nothing so I'm guessing it's b.s.Any other way??

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Yes, there is another way. No need to 'bang' anything when you can always cut/weld/reshape, right?

Hmm, when put like that, banging the firewall a bit doesn't sound so bad, huh? ;)

Adawg

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Tacoma
sorry if this question is already asked, but i've read the entire 11 pages of post and couldn't find the answer. I just want to clarify if it is true Aristo's 2jzgte ECU pin out is different from supra's 2jzgte ECU pin out. Can we use the 2 ECU's interchangably like aristo's engine/harness with supra ECU, or vice versa? How can we tell the difference between the 2 ecu by just looking at them. Thanks for clarifying because I bought an aristo's 2jzgte with its original harness (i think) to drop into my 87mk3. also got the ecu which was claimed to be a "2jz" ecu. So i just like to know what kind of ecu i'm posessing, or does it matter?.

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
Adawg;1283130 said:
sorry if this question is already asked, but i've read the entire 11 pages of post and couldn't find the answer. I just want to clarify if it is true Aristo's 2jzgte ECU pin out is different from supra's 2jzgte ECU pin out. Can we use the 2 ECU's interchangably like aristo's engine/harness with supra ECU, or vice versa? How can we tell the difference between the 2 ecu by just looking at them. Thanks for clarifying because I bought an aristo's 2jzgte with its original harness (i think) to drop into my 87mk3. also got the ecu which was claimed to be a "2jz" ecu. So i just like to know what kind of ecu i'm posessing, or does it matter?.

I know you cant use a USDM 2jzgte ecu on a JDM car, due to it not running MAF. I dont know about jdm 2jz ecu on a aristo 2jz

Last edited:

JoeSupra

Idk how to tell the difference from the the two but stevey was right u cant use a usdm ecu on a jdm harness due to the jdm having a map sensor. If u have a jdm motor and put usdm 550cc injectors and the usdm maf u can run a usdm harness wit a usdm ecu on a jdm motor makin it almost usdm spec. U might have to throw in usdm cams or better but im not too sure about that since idk if that will mess wit the stock base map if u use the jdm cams since they r the worst cams for 2jzs.

Adawg

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Tacoma
so from what you guys said, since I have the aristo motor and its harness, I better have the aristo 2jzgte ecu or else i'm F*($)K? UNLESS i want to spend a load S)*($ of money to convert everything to US specs..hmm...i really hope the ECU came with the motor i bought is an aristo's.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Adawg;1284811 said:
so from what you guys said, since I have the aristo motor and its harness, I better have the aristo 2jzgte ecu or else i'm F*($)K? UNLESS i want to spend a load S)*($ of money to convert everything to US specs..hmm...i really hope the ECU came with the motor i bought is an aristo's.

No, what we're (at least I) am saying, is that you shouldn't bother with trying to track down the stock ecu. Get yourself a standalone of some sort and be done with it. Besides, after you buy all those piggy backs and things of that nature, you'd have nearly spent that much ANYWAY.

Standalone > Stock. ;)

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
i'm in the middle of doing this swap(aristo motor), and was wondering on the power steering pressure hose that bolts up to pump.
With driftmotions braides line, it removes the vacumm activated switch, now looking through the mk4 tsrm, there doesn't seem to be one on the gte.
do i just remove it?

1988_2JZ

I'm too cool to post
Oct 5, 2008
P-dub
Hey i gotta quick question. I'm doing the 2JZ swap in my mkiii. Which fuel pump do i need? The Walbro comes for both 86.5-92 and 93-98. Thanks for the help.

-Logan

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
It should be the same thing. It is just the Walbro 255. Just make sure you stay away from ebay. they have knockoffs with the walbro stamp and all.

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
anyone had any sucsess with maft pro an a 2jzgte? if so where can i get ve table and wiring diagram. also how much power can i make on the jdm twins?

thanks
-Zac

1988_2JZ

I'm too cool to post
Oct 5, 2008
P-dub
eman2289;1288928 said:
It should be the same thing. It is just the Walbro 255. Just make sure you stay away from ebay. they have knockoffs with the walbro stamp and all.

Thanks a bunch.

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
can someone answer this?
i'm in the middle of doing this swap(aristo motor), and was wondering on the power steering pressure hose that bolts up to pump.
With driftmotions braides line, it removes the vacumm activated switch, now looking through the mk4 tsrm, there doesn't seem to be one on the gte.
do i just remove it?

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
well, i encountered this slight problem this weekend, i had to read through a countless amount of posts on here and supraforums to finally get a clear answer to my question.
when you swap a 2jz into a mk3 with the r154(a/t , idk if they could encounter this) the tranny crossmember holes may not line up, as if too forward.
where the mount bolts up onto the tranny, there is another set of bolt holes. use these to back the crossmember back a lil.
moust people don't seem to encounter this, as i found only 2 threads pertaning to it.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&highlight=BIC
in the pics you see that the extra set of bolt holes are drilled and tapped. this was not the case on my tranny. ihad the tranny sitting out of the car for a couple of weeks, and when i realized this, the tranny was in the car. tapping and drilling these holes at such an angle while underneath the car is bitch. so guys, check this before!!
also if the car was originally an auto, the tunnel hole for the shifter will need to be trimmed ever so lightly, towards the front. not a lot, about 1/2 inch.

Last edited:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
marc3;1285406 said:
do i just remove it?

I could be wrong here, and please correct me if I am someone with mucho knowledge....

That vacum hose is I believe for engaging the the powersteering when like parking to make your threepoint type like manuvers in tight places more assisted, perhaps by bumping up the idle revs a bit. Omitting it will make you have less "assist" more armstrong steering in these instances.

It's been a long time but this seems to be what I remember. But I seriously could be totally wrong.