2jz mk3 Buddy takes my car for a ride with his bros.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
may LOOK like canadian roads... but *cough* filmed in germany *cough* ;D

it was his car phone.. I told him video tape it for me so I can watch...

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
That's very impressive sound and speed. Nice work... 5 years well spent lol.
Next time shoot it with something a little better than a boost mobile ok:naughty:

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
hah i don't i'm too lazy to make on it's been like years in the making... well only 2 years since the 1jz....

It's a got the following

67DDB
880CC injectors
AEM
4' ic
4"ex
rebulit R154
HKS hipermax coils
Leatherseats.com seats
Black Mica (GM) respray
all new trim for door bezels and windscreen/hatch
new turn signals
virtually all new everything form dealer
Torque Freaks Meth kit
1jz harness with Autosprot wiring adapter to 2jz
Twin walbros -8 feed to front of rail stock return.
Aeromotive A1000 regulator
JZA70 6.5" front speaker enclosures
Kenwood deck
bc264 cams
Crower springs & retainers

Will have that Cobra break upgrade eventually when it's actually finished!

Needs a Diff, door skins to be put back on, head light sprayers and windshield sprayers put back on.

thats about it ;)

Last edited:

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
holly shit.

your car runs soooooooo good.

nice to see one of the high hp guys showing what they got. btw your 3rd gear wraps out just about as fast as my 2nd with just me in the car. :aigo:

i wanna see that beast do a run without the extra 400lbs.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
That's some good stuff right there!! Stock 2J Internals?

(I had already made up my mind to go 2J and started buying swap components, but this video might have accelerated the process, lol)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Amazing. I'm hoping I can achieve just under your power levels somehow with my new turbo!

What gear is that starting off at 1:03? 3rd?

How do you find the cruising/idle/driveability of the AEM? I'm torn between the PnP 87-88 AEM $1250, ViPec$2250, and Motec$4000+, which is what John Reed sells/tunes. Such huge price differences!

P.S. How much boost could you run with C16 and meth? ;)

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice job Eric. I should be making the same as you since we have basically the same setup. My car is way underpowered though. I"m only making 500rhwp at 20psi. I'm pretty sure I need to up my timing though to make more power and I also need the four inch exhaust from the turbo back. This three inch is cramping my style...............lol

How come he saids your not running the meth in it yet. I think I heard him say, you're going to run it and make eight hundred. I thought you were already running it. Thanks.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
suprahero;1279128 said:
How come he saids your not running the meth in it yet. I think I heard him say, you're going to run it and make eight hundred. I thought you were already running it. Thanks.

Yeah, I was confused on that as well.
Either he's wrong, or you don't have methanol set to kick in until you're waaaaaay up in the boost. ;)

Looks like a really fun car, though. :icon_bigg

Jeff

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
yeah, I'm running meth, he was just wrong, I'm going to try to get 2 more PSI of boost out of the meth /water setup with 94 next time John comes into town for tuning, maybe even 4... And try to do 28 PSI on meth/water... We'll see what he can get out of it.

Suprahero - I don' think the 3" is hurting you that much who's doing the tune?

tekdeus - I say go AEM, can always resell after, I mean for the extra money for the other stuff I don' t think it's worth it since AEM has been proven time and time again... The day to day is lovely, only one small quirk that i need to iorn out which is high idle when returning to idle when letting off the gas... Other then that John did a amazing job in the short 3 hour time span he had on my car.

I honestly couldn't be happier, AEM does everything I want and unlike ohter mods like a stiff clutch there is no downsides that I have yet to face.... So much better then stock ecu and Emanage when on crusing since it was always bucking part to mid throttle form being rich or lean at spots since the stock O2 was fighting whatever values i put in.

As for

Here's some pics

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg