2jz mk3 Buddy takes my car for a ride with his bros.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
:naughty:
northwestsupra;1317012 said:
torsen diff? all i know is LSD

A torsen limited slip differential uses uniquely cut helical gears to transfer torque from one wheel to the other through the differential case... the downside is that the MkIII Torsen diff has a stress fracture point in the case where the helical gears are held. Juicing the boost with some sticky tires usually busts the ever lovin' sh*t out of it. Lots of people break them, anyway. IIRC, stock torsen LSD's are a JDM thing :naughty:

The clutch LSD (which I think is what you get on all USDM cars equipped with LSD) is 'virtually' indestructable. Not too many people break the diff as a result of a weakness in the diff case (i.e. too much power), usually the crush sleeve in the pinion (?) is the culprit (the pinion moves slightly causing the gears to not line up properly... hit the gas and CRUNCH).

This information is coming straight outta my ass so don't take it as gospel :biglaugh:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
for the record... these videos have sealed my mkiii's fate. 2jz goes in after school is done. The motor is just pure sex with the potential available on a stock ecu with a piggy back...

(didnt help i just drove a local guys 700 hp mkiv either ;) )

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
OK so im trying to figure it out then if i have one. i looked at the vin and body, axle and tranny codes this is what i have

JT2MA71J2H0066911
920FD32G15R154

axle code reads its a 8" 5.125 G/R

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Guyana00;1315965 said:
The car looks awesome as it is. Are the tails tinted? Mine don't look like that in the day time, maybe they look like that because it's dark out. Can't wait to check out your cars. I have only seen ONE mkiv in toronto, DjDiablo's near my house. I see mk3's all the time though.

What year is your aristo? My brother just picked one up.

This might sound silly, but from what I could see on the video in the interior.....is that a blue clock?

they are JDM tails which are darker ;)

I'ts not a blue clock just a picture affect I guess or maybe the tint?

I have a 91 airsto i bought it in the month after it was leagalized.