2012 Calendar Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Keep them pictures coming... :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanya: I know this is typically your gig. I didn't mean to barge my way in, I just
wanted an excuse to do some photoshopping. ;)

BTW: You have a PM.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
Ill put a couple up (took these for NZ supras calender)

p1764173_1.jpg

p1764173_2.jpg

p1764173_3.jpg

p1764173_4.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
oldsking;1764492 said:
I'll give it a shot :) November is my bday

unled1ev.jpg

What sort of wheels are those, I could have sworn I've seen them... car looks good!

If I can nominate a Mk4 for the calendar, Tyler Pflanz in AZ, I think he goes by 'snow'-something or other has an absolutely beautiful car, with a lot of sweat equity he's put into it. :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
ATTENTION:

Tanya will be taking over the 2012 Calendar project. The reason is simple. This is part of her livelihood and I was just doing it for fun. There was nothing covert, I approached her about it. She said that she will likely start a thread of her own. Either way, there is no need to re-post your pictures because she'll just pull them from here.

Additionally, all pics that have been emailed to me will make their way to her.

Any questions, ask.

Thanks everyone! :)

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
I have a number of good pics to offer for the calendar. If selected, I would love to take October as it has my bday! WOOT!

Link to thread that has all pics: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?87707-Did-a-photoshoot-with-the-car-today.
If one is selected, let me know and I'll get you the image without the watermark. :)

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

IBoughtASupra;1753798 said:
Kenny, I would really like for you to put the above Supra in the calendar, not for the Supra, it is nice though very nice, but something more monumental. The Tower 1 for the world trade center is in the background illuminated. It is the building with the two cranes on the side.

This year it is supposed to be 1000FT and they are doing a special every night on SCIENCE HD called "Rebuilding Ground Zero."

Just a thought as I am a New Yorker and would like that but you are putting the calendar together, so it is your call and before someone says it, I am not trying to make you feel guilty if you don't do it either.

Thanks!

I second this. September would be the perfect month if selected. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Finally someone read my post about the Towers and thought it was meaningful enough to quote it.

Unless you live in NY and are a NY'er, most don't understand it's impact. With that said, if you lost a loved one, it's a given, how it affected your daily life.

Kenny - I am sure the owner of the picture would have the same one without the watermark.

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
:agreed: Ex-NYC'er here, but am still there often thanks to business trips. I think your photos would touch more than just NY'ers and those who lived the event through loved ones. It affects the entire world in some way, shape, or form.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Froubaby...nice pics and car. FYI, there are many lip options other than a rubber garage door bottom Home Depot lip

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
rodel;1766352 said:
Froubaby...nice pics and car. FYI, there are many lip options other than a rubber garage door bottom Home Depot lip

Thanks rodel. The HD lip was on the car when I got it. I'm doing engine work on the car now and then next will be body to make some changes to the lip and color. I'm actually in Antigua right now and after driving a RHD rental car, I'm starting to think about maybe I need to make a shell swap as well. Ugh!

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
I wasn't very impressed with a good amount of the supra selections in the 2009 calender, and the angles in the 2010 calender were just terrible in regards to lighting. There were many pics with the side of the car being displayed in the dark with the light hitting the opposite side. It's just painful to see when there are many other beautiful cars with proper shots taken. Tanya has said she has been busy, so I'm wondering if she is going to be able to put ample time into selecting unique Supras with proper lighting, angle and backdrops. I'm hearing the same complaints with other members on the forum. Also if Tanya is passionate about the calender why did she come in so late on it this year? I'm sure there are others with the skills that would be honored to put together this project in good taste.

It just feels rushed and odd.. Judging by the selections in the previous years I would not purchase a calender for the 4 cars that are actually unique and properly shot. I can't ignore the fact that I am not the only one that feels this way from others I have talked to on the forum. I felt I should throw this out there for others that aren't too keen on voicing their own criticisms to hopefully guide this project on the right track. There are plenty of absolutely stunning, beautiful mk3's that have had tons of work put into them that are not selected. These are the sorts of owners that are worth contacting alone to see if they would be open to having their car pictured. This project is definitely something I would like to see improved upon and can only hope for the best this year.

With that said I plan on going out on a limb and buying one this year. I don't really want to judging by the previous years.., but with everything I have said and the others I have spoken for, I feel I need to. Why can't the final pictures that were chosen be viewed before purchasing the calender. This alone seems like a marketing scam in the least. Hopefully this year it will be different.

Please excuse me if this seems harsh, but I can't help but be disappointed with the calender responsibility change. I wish there were more unique and different looking Supras in the calendar, nice stock looking Supras with original paint/trim and aftermarket rims just aren't very unique or interesting to me. I was really looking forward to a fresh perspective.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I too share Brian's sentiments, if I submitted a picture to be used for a non profit community calender and then it suddenly turned into someone making a profit off of it I would want to be notified before my car would be used.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Me three. Sorry, but to just jump into the middle of a thread and announce that you're taking over, is a piss poor way to do things. How about you actually *ASK* people if they want to be involved with your now money-making calendar? After all, you're the one going to be profiting off this venture, not the ones with the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.