2 Piece Driveshaft from Shaftmasters

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I will call you tomorrow. The only reason I'm looking into this two piece is because of the great dislike by Mr. IJ for the one piece. I was sold on the one piece, but I trust his judgement (as scary as that sounds) and I think the two piece will still be an improvement. I just want one that's strong enough for the track and has less vibration than the stocker.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ. said:
"Yo dude this shaft like rox at a $1.50+ and shit yeah you rule" ;)
I send you one pm talking like that, and I can never live it down............:3d_frown:

Noah, It's about time you start recognizing the true torque capabilities of the blue beast...........:biglaugh:

Noah, I am Texas bound in March............::w00t::

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
IJ. said:
The other advantage to J testing it is he's older so you might get something more coherent than the usual

"Yo dude this shaft like rox at a $1.50+ and shit yeah you rule" ;)

LOL

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doward said:
Silver State Classic.

Nice! But have you seen the crashes? I remember watching a DVD that showed footage of a JDM driver from Japan eating it it really bad.

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
shaftmasters said:
All kidding aside, this offer applies to any respected, long standing forum member. I spent 3.5 years in Japan from '77-80 when I was in the Navy. I drove a older Nissan that had problems going 125 kilometers a hour let alone mph. I don't remember seeing any speed limits back then over 125 kph. Bonzai!
Robert
I would be willing to test a drive shaft. My car makes over 700 hp and I can put it through its paces at the dragstrip as well as some high speed runs. Let me know as ive already snapped an aluminum 0ne piece and would love to see If this will hold the power.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
good to hear, shaftmasters. :) i'll be purchasing one from you after the holidays!

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
Why not just sell the aluminum back half shaft by itself? :x:

The back half of the shaft is not all that difficult to remove and it would be a heck of a lot easier to fabricate; just selling that alone would also make it more affordable for us mk3 supra owners.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
true, but then if the balancing is off they would get the blame...

I'll be picking one up after christmas as well

got any pics so far of it shaftmasters?

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
LordLo said:
Why not just sell the aluminum back half shaft by itself? :x:

The back half of the shaft is not all that difficult to remove and it would be a heck of a lot easier to fabricate; just selling that alone would also make it more affordable for us mk3 supra owners.
We currently have two Supra cores. A manual from Piratetip and a auto from jdub. We made a aluminum rear with the hope that it would run well with the OEM front shaft without rebalancing the set. We tested this hope with Piratetip and jdub's front shafts and were not satisfied with the test. In both instances there showed to be just enough imbalance to not justify the risk of sending them out and having a vibration complaint. With you guys driving at these high speeds the Charles Bronson 125 plus should be balanced as a set.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Agreed!

If you actually need this shaft it has to be 100% perfect if not just stick some Uni's and a fresh centre bearing in your stock DS.

This is a niche product not a money saving exercise guys......

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
IJ. said:
Agreed!

If you actually need this shaft it has to be 100% perfect if not just stick some Uni's and a fresh centre bearing in your stock DS.

This is a niche product not a money saving exercise guys......

This DS isn't really expensive at all. I expected something like this to be way more $$$. I will never need a piece like this, but I was going to be getting the Al 1-piece; this one is so reasonable I might have to change my mind.:icon_razz

Nice work - thanks for offering a GREAT product.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
Poodles said:
true, but then if the balancing is off they would get the blame...

I'll be picking one up after christmas as well

got any pics so far of it shaftmasters?
Before we ship-out Suprahero's shaft we will take a photo of it and post it on our store. By the way, this will be the last of the free or discounted shafts that we will be providing. We haven't minded the costs while we were proving ourselves to the Supra community but we feel it is time to hopefully bear some fruit from our efforts. We hope that Reign Maker will see fit to grant us vendor status, if you agree please help us and let him know your opinions.
Robert