2 Piece Driveshaft from Shaftmasters

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
IJ. said:
Agreed!

If you actually need this shaft it has to be 100% perfect if not just stick some Uni's and a fresh centre bearing in your stock DS.

This is a niche product not a money saving exercise guys......

True statement! And if you think about what you're getting, (a new center bearing + u-joints + balance), the price is very reasonable.

After seeing the one piece David and Robert made for me, there's no doubt in my mind the quality will be excellent. In fact, I want to thank these guys for stepping up and designing/producing an outstanding alternative for our cars.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
rodel said:
Nice! But have you seen the crashes? I remember watching a DVD that showed footage of a JDM driver from Japan eating it it really bad.
Rodel,
I witnessed plenty in the time that I spent in Japan. I could write a book based on my experiences there. I'm lucky that I didn't come home in the cargo hold of a C-141 inside a pine box. Back then I was the proto type for Charles Bronson's long running role in Death Wish!
Robert

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
jdub said:
True statement! And if you think about what you're getting, (a new center bearing + u-joints + balance), the price is very reasonable.

After seeing the one piece David and Robert made for me, there's no doubt in my mind the quality will be excellent. In fact, I want to thank these guys for stepping up and designing/producing an outstanding alternative for our cars.
Thanks for the kind words jdub. Suprahero has taken us up on our two-piece design. He says that he currently has alot of vibration going on and isn't sure how much he can attribute to the driveshaft. Hopefully our shafts will help his vibration issues. I am sure he will post his results once he tests it out.
Robert

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If I die while testing this two piece for the supra community, someone please tell my wife and kids I love them.

Looking forward to trying this out Robert. I know it's going to be a great improvement over sixteen year old hanger bearings and unbalanced drive shafts. I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Be safe Jay. I'm anxious to hear back from you on this. Be honest, don't kiss ass for a real good deal on the DS, we want to hear the real story once you've done some high speed runs. ;)

Pending the feedback on this, I will be getting one. :)

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
starscream5000 said:
Be safe Jay. I'm anxious to hear back from you on this. Be honest, don't kiss ass for a real good deal on the DS, we want to hear the real story once you've done some high speed runs. ;)

Pending the feedback on this, I will be getting one. :)
We want Jay to be totally honest in his assessment because we only want to sell a product that pleases everyone who buys it. We still are hesitant about it's long term viability because of the core issue. We have had core return problems with other driveshaft lines.Even with the core charge we have had problems with customers returning the core to us in a timely manner. Hopefully the Supra community will be different. We still believe that the one-piece aluminum driveshaft is a good alternative for those that don't drive over 125 mph.
Robert

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I will be totally honest Chris. If it is a great product then I will let you know. I will say that Im going into it thinking it's going to be a great replacement. I haven't heard anything but good things about their company and I don't think they would send me crap. I'll be as fair and honest as I can, and hopefully it will be a smoother ride.

Edit: I must have been typing when you posted the above post.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Robert: This being a niche product I'm pretty sure any of our guys that actually need it will be good to deal with and arrange Core returns in a timely manner.

It's great that you've stepped up to the plate and offered something like this at a very affordable price (mine cost me double that) and I agree it's not for everyone and the single piece will be fine for people that don't drive fast for sustained periods.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
IJ. said:
Robert: This being a niche product I'm pretty sure any of our guys that actually need it will be good to deal with and arrange Core returns in a timely manner.

It's great that you've stepped up to the plate and offered something like this at a very affordable price (mine cost me double that) and I agree it's not for everyone and the single piece will be fine for people that don't drive fast for sustained periods.
I am looking forward to what we hope to be a long lasting relationship with the Supra community. IJ, any help that you, Jay, Jdub, Piratetip and anyone else could provide in helping us get vendor status would be greatly appreciated. WE have PM'd Rein Maker recently about this and have not received any reply. Him and dr.jonz seem to be AWOL.
Robert

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Robert: Doc Jones doesn't really have any say in the Vendor status ;)

Jake/Reign Maker is working some insane hours at the moment and has only been on for a few minutes after work before hitting the sack.

You may have to be just a little patient it'll happen.

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
How much power will this be able to hold? What kind of warranty will it have? I would be very interested in buying one but my car gets drag raced regularly and I snapped an aluminum drive shaft not to long ago and have the stocker back in the car. I need something that can handle the abuse of drag racing.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
SD2JZA70 said:
How much power will this be able to hold? What kind of warranty will it have? I would be very interested in buying one but my car gets drag raced regularly and I snapped an aluminum drive shaft not to long ago and have the stocker back in the car. I need something that can handle the abuse of drag racing.

This shaft will be able to handle the power that your original 2 piece can handle. Unfortunately because of clearance issues there is really no way to step up the ujoints to a larger size. It will eliminate the problems associated with the rubber element rear section of the original. Do you know what wall thickness your aluminum shaft was made with? Do you have any photos of the aluminum shaft after the failure?
Thanks, David

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
David, I would do anything I could to help you and your company, but alas, I am only a peon...............:biglaugh:

I will however report back with true comments about your product.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
suprahero said:
David, I would do anything I could to help you and your company, but alas, I am only a peon...............:biglaugh:

I will however report back with true comments about your product.
Jay,
Your shafts are done and waiting for UPS to pick them up. When I was finished balancing them they were running "DEAD NUTS". Your Supra should now "run like a Cadillac or should I say a Lexus". LOL.
Robert