2 Piece Driveshaft from Shaftmasters

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
Hello Forum Members,
We have just finished putting together some numbers for a 2 Piece driveshaft with aluminum rear section. Below is a list of everything our 2 piece shaft will feature.
  1. New OEM Front ujoint & center bearing
  2. New aluminum rear shaft section with Spicer flanges and high performance Neapco solid ujoints
  3. High Speed balanced as an assembly
  4. Aluminum rear section section weighs 8lbs less than the original rear section

This shaft will eliminate the rubber element original rear shaft section. It is going to be priced at $625 which includes a $100 core charge for the front section. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer free shipping on this shaft design. Buyer will be responsible for freight charges on return of front section core also. When we receive your core we will issue your $100 credit.
Thanks, David

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Keep in mind guys $200 of this is for a new Toyota center bearing...and, you will be getting $100 back when the core is returned. Considering all that, it's a little more expensive than a single piece, but you rid yourself of the OEM two piece rear shaft with the rubber damping material holding them together...this is huge by itself. Added bonus: You drop 8 lbs off the OEM shaft weight (32 lbs).

David - Could the rear shaft on the core be sawed off short of the center u-joint before it was returned to save on shipping weight? Shipping one of these 2 piece shafts using a carpet roll inner tube (it's heavy cardboard) might be a good way to keep the shaft from flopping around.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
Syris said:
Technically how would this have any advantage over a 1 peice?
Several forum members requested a quote on a rebuilt/redesigned two-piece shaft because they remained skeptical of the one-piece shaft even though we thought that we had proved it's worthiness. These members also have said that they planned from time to time on driving at speeds in excess of 125 mph and feel a two-piece would be safer at these excessive speeds. I don't know where they plan on driving 125 mph, maybe there from Germany!
Robert

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Montana

Minnesota has some nice open roads to go that quick for extended periods of time. NoDak/SoDak. Iowa (don't recommend there, to many LE's around the major roads). Idaho for sure!

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
shaftmasters said:
You guys have more guts than I do. 100 mph is about as fast as I'd ever want to go. Charles Bronson comes to mind.
Robert

Yeah, they all drive pretty fast. I stay under 100 for now :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
shaftmasters said:
You guys have more guts than I do. 100 mph is about as fast as I'd ever want to go. Charles Bronson comes to mind.
Robert

It's just how some of us get our jollies ;)

For some, it's video games.

Others, it's research.

For me, it's building machines that go ridiculously fast.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
Doward said:
It's just how some of us get our jollies ;)

For some, it's video games.

Others, it's research.

For me, it's building machines that go ridiculously fast.
Doward,
We have our two-piece design that dr.jonz was going to test out for us. We have PM'd him with no response.Would you be interested in testing it out? We would only charge you our cost plus shipping on this two-piece hybrid shaft.
Robert

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I would, but I want a full aluminum piece (IJ's got pretty much the perfect DS, imho)

Also, I'm not going to be r154, I'm going T56, so I'm afraid I can't test out your 2 pc, sorry :(

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Robert: Well done <Golf Clap>

Guys this is a KILLER deal :D

It may "seem" expensive but trust me on this the peace of mind when going fast is priceless as 1 shaft failure above 150 mph could really ruin your day!

It isn't for everyone but if you're going to top end your Mk3 it's nice having a safe alternative that reduces weight as well as removes the built in failure point in the bonded rear section of the stock 3 piece.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
IJ. said:
Robert: Well done <Golf Clap>

Guys this is a KILLER deal :D

It may "seem" expensive but trust me on this the peace of mind when going fast is priceless as 1 shaft failure above 150 mph could really ruin your day!

It isn't for everyone but if you're going to top end your Mk3 it's nice having a safe alternative that reduces weight as well as removes the built in failure point in the bonded rear section of the stock 3 piece.
How about you I.J. I know that shipping might be expensive to the Land Down Under though. I already thought of a model # for this shaft.
" The Charles Bronson 125 Plus"

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
IJ. said:
Robert: LOL I'm in Australia and I run an IRS 9" in my car so it wouldn't fit sorry ;)
All kidding aside, this offer applies to any respected, long standing forum member. I spent 3.5 years in Japan from '77-80 when I was in the Navy. I drove a older Nissan that had problems going 125 kilometers a hour let alone mph. I don't remember seeing any speed limits back then over 125 kph. Bonzai!
Robert

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll try it for you. I'm getting kinda leary about the one piece because I will go over 150 from time to time.

Edit: oooops, I didnt' see the respected member part...........:cry: