Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mk3Les;1271911 said:
I've been up close and personal with this car and can honestly say the pictures dont do it justice. If I had the money when it came up for sale I'd have owned it in a heart beat.

Gday les, yeah its sweet to look at but everything so far mechanically on it has been disappointing to say the least. I've found missing bolts here and there, the gearbox to motor only had 5 bolts holding it together and every seal was leaking on the motor except the headgasket.lol.Most of the hoses are stuffed.
My shed floor is a mess with oil and dirt and i have a huge cleaning job to do on the body and the underbelly of the car.
It will take some work but i want it nice and factory like looking with no leaks anywhere and lots of brushed alloy and black paint.(im kinda old school)
Yes your right about the turbo being small but i can assure you this motor is a freak and doesn't seem to need much boost to go hard. I'll come for a visit once i get it all running and bring dan with me.
In the future maybe taxtime i'll pick up a borg warner or something along those lines to give me a bit more air.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Just a quick update guys, the clutch and pressure plate look 75% worn so i may need to upgrade that too , sucks cause it means more time off the road but the results should pay for that. Will probably go for another 6 puck extreme clutch, it seemed to hold up well to the punishment last time.Shame they wear so quick.

Mk3Les

wiseco7mgt;1271924 said:
Gday les, yeah its sweet to look at but everything so far mechanically on it has been disappointing to say the least. I've found missing bolts here and there, the gearbox to motor only had 5 bolts holding it together and every seal was leaking on the motor except the headgasket.lol.Most of the hoses are stuffed.
My shed floor is a mess with oil and dirt and i have a huge cleaning job to do on the body and the underbelly of the car.
It will take some work but i want it nice and factory like looking with no leaks anywhere and lots of brushed alloy and black paint.(im kinda old school)
Yes your right about the turbo being small but i can assure you this motor is a freak and doesn't seem to need much boost to go hard. I'll come for a visit once i get it all running and bring dan with me.
In the future maybe taxtime i'll pick up a borg warner or something along those lines to give me a bit more air.

LOL I know how it goes the deeper you dig the more you find to do. In your case though its well worth it.
Dan has told me about the motor your putting in and it sounds like a freak :) so it should be cool, if you need another "turbo A" ct26 let me know I'm all but ready to take mine off ;) also I've found a guy up here that builds turbos at a very good price, I'm going to be the guinea pig and put one on my car to see how they go along with a few other bits and pieces ;)

take care

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
IJ.;1271990 said:
This is why Mk3's have such big doors ;)

Room to shovel the $$$ in and when no more will fit you open the Hatch and start again!

lol yeah they make a great piggy bank, shame you can never seem to get the same amount back out.
Do you have any turbos lying around Ian from previous builds you want to sell?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Bugger , that'd be nice and more than suit my power goals. I'm thinking of a gt3040 like they use on a xr6 turbo, mostly because they are a popular size and the economy makes it next to impossible to buy from yankee land. Whats your take on that idea guys?

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
wiseco7mgt;1273552 said:
Bugger , that'd be nice and more than suit my power goals. I'm thinking of a gt3040 like they use on a xr6 turbo, mostly because they are a popular size and the economy makes it next to impossible to buy from yankee land. Whats your take on that idea guys?

Ian ran a GT30/40R a few years back and it spooled like an animal, I have just purchased one about a month ago and am in the middle of building it all back up. According to Ian it should pull from lower than a CT26. Mine has the .63 housing so I will see how that goes if its to savage I will get the 1.06 just to give my tyres some relife.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Beautiful car,keep up the good work

I have never seen a Turbo-A before personally...
I am glad you shared this sweety with us

In my country we have around 20 Supras maximum in running condition-no turbo-a at all

I will keep my eye on this :naughty:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Nice work, cant wait to see it done. That black widow is really cool to see up close in a photo. Just be glad it isnt a brown recluse ;) Id get the bug spray pronto.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mk3Les;1273589 said:
If you were in the market for one look HERE
Thanks Les, i'll look into that.I'm talking to a guy at the moment about a ITS turbo, it's great having options.lol
sirgeorgee;1273653 said:
Beautiful car,keep up the good work

I have never seen a Turbo-A before personally...
I am glad you shared this sweety with us

In my country we have around 20 Supras maximum in running condition-no turbo-a at all

I will keep my eye on this :naughty:
20 supras? thats gotta suck for second hand parts, good to see it doesn't stop you owning one.

JDMMA70;1273686 said:
Nice work, cant wait to see it done. That black widow is really cool to see up close in a photo. Just be glad it isnt a brown recluse ;) Id get the bug spray pronto.

lol @ the bug spray, i don't worry too much about them, this is just a redback spider so they can make you sick but that's about it.
The car would be a lot closer if i didn't have two builds on the go at once, i'm also just finishing off my cbr250rr i rebuilt for a daily to help look after the turbo-a so i don't clock up too many klms and also save a few $ on fuel.

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
I cant wait to see the old girl back on the road :)

it sucks out aussie dollar sucks, other wise driftmotions turbo kit would be sweet!!! just dont tell the misses and buy it pete, uno you want to!!