Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
My word, this thing is totally awesome.

I love it, totally clean car, with some serious running gear too.

Was that car originally owned by RIGO somewhere in the past?

Thanks for reminding me how a black Supra should look, I've suddenly got a little more motivation to keep working away at mine

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Turbo-a;1249322 said:
I cant wait for the new motor to go in pete!!! say..... you wouldnt wanna sell it back to me after you slap that motor in aye??? lol!! :biglaugh:

Sure! everything has a price.......lol

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
So i decided on a Prosport wideband for the car and ordered it but i have no idea where to put it that won't either cut into the car or leave screw holes.
Double sided tape and i don't see eye to eye so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post up.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Amazing car - so clean! :aigo:

wiseco7mgt;1249580 said:
So i decided on a Prosport wideband for the car and ordered it but i have no idea where to put it that won't either cut into the car or leave screw holes.
Double sided tape and i don't see eye to eye so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post up.

What about a 2 guage A-pillar pod? They make them specific to the A70 and you should be able to get a nice colour match. A 2 guage one will let you keep the 'handle' and the shape of the A70 tends to hide the guages fairly well.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
DeSloth;1249607 said:
Amazing car - so clean! :aigo:

What about a 2 guage A-pillar pod? They make them specific to the A70 and you should be able to get a nice colour match. A 2 guage one will let you keep the 'handle' and the shape of the A70 tends to hide the guages fairly well.

Who sells them? The only ones i'd seen were a cut and fit universal type.:thumbdown

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Greddy do an A-70 specific one but I'm not so sure on how well they fit. I was considering one for a while myself but wanted to see one in installed before I got one

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I like the autometer 2 pod design and i can get it colour matched or take it to my trimmer and get it recovered in the same colour, sweet thanks guys for the links.:bigthumb:

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
wiseco7mgt;1249949 said:
I like the autometer 2 pod design and i can get it colour matched or take it to my trimmer and get it recovered in the same colour, sweet thanks guys for the links.:bigthumb:

I can supply you with a Full length 2 pod RHD pillar pod that retains the grab handle as well lmk if you want to any more info.
Same As below.
p1250020_1.jpg

The greddy one is a Poor fit and it half covers the grab handle holes so you can use it I got one from rhd japan saw how poor it was and sold it the next day!

Last edited:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Just an update guys, old engine is out...new is about to go in.The turbo i was going to use was the mike turbo 60-1 with the upgraded garrett cartridge, but unfortunaely it's stuffed so i'll be useing the back up turbo for now which is a genuine turbo-a high flow job.:cry: I've measured the throttle body on the Turbo-a and its 68mm so they are slightly larger than the jdm one, and later today i should have the cams off to do a comparison on.
heres pics.
Old
p1271452_1.jpg

new
p1271452_2.jpg

(note engine above is still dirty after coming out of my cressida i'll clean it up later)
This little girl is right beside me on the wall at the moment so i'll try not forget shes there and lean on her.
sm_photo_missing.jpg