Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
So i bought this because it was shiny and i wanted to spend some money, lol. It's a genuine turbo-A and is pretty mint inside and out.I have all the genuine bits that came with the car in the shed so if i wanted i could return it back to original but for now i'll have some fun and modify the engine a little just for a little more h.p.
My h.p goal is 450hp atw and a lot of torque so the original engine is coming out in the next couple of weeks and the new engine i built is sitting waiting in the shed, already run in so it'll be straight away ready for some fun..:naughty:
The car already has had $$$ spent so i'll list a few of it's goodies.
Tein coilovers
stinger 8860 ecu, stinger ignitor
mines strut brace
aeromotive afpr
rc injectors (550's)
255lph intank pump
genuine spearco intercooler
cooleze pipes 2.5 inch ceramic coated
3 piece Veilside "andrews" 18" wheels
3" turbo back custom mandrel bent exhaust system with tanabe medallion race muffler
60-1 garrett cartridged turbo
Apexi intake filter
Hks ssqv bov
New front end bushes installed
Greddy turbo timer
Greddy electronic boost controller
Cusco Brake stopper
DBA slotted front rotors
Full alarm system, keyless entry, immobiliser

Brand new installed, Genuine factory MOMO Gear knob, brand new factory bottom front lip, brand new front inner guards.
Has heaps more goodies inside the new engine but i'll keep that under wraps and just post up the dyno sheet after it's tuned.
Here's a few pics to start with, i'll get a few more once the sun goes down.
p1221542_1.jpg

p1221542_2.jpg

p1221542_3.jpg

p1221542_4.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
haahaha thanks guys, it's pretty sweet but it's about to get nastier with my engine.The engine now is ordinary (just the genuine turbo-a motor)but ill get pics up.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Isn't a Turbo A engine supposed to make 50 more hp than a regular 7m-gte? Maybe I'm confusing it with another engine. Hmm

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Moy;1221549 said:
Isn't a Turbo A engine supposed to make 50 more hp than a regular 7m-gte? Maybe I'm confusing it with another engine. Hmm

The turbo _a engine had map based ecu so no restrictive airflowmeter, and they also had highflowed ct26 with the larger intercooler that was used on the jza70's.When i pull the motor down i'll measure the cams again just to confirm they are the same as the standard 7mgte cams, and this time ill pull the block apart to see if it's crank is any different.
They were rated at 280 ps from factory.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
I DEMAND MOAR INTERIOR PICS NOWWWW!!!

lol

Like I said before, it is absolutely beautiful.

How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mk3Les;1221566 said:
Well done! I see a trip to Willowbank in your furture :)
Good luck with it mate.

Hi Les, yes willowbank will happen although we'll have trouble catching Dans new evo "tommy mack" over the quarter.lol

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
GuNDeZZZ;1221567 said:
I DEMAND MOAR INTERIOR PICS NOWWWW!!!

lol

Like I said before, it is absolutely beautiful.

How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

I never tell how much i paid although it was fairly cheap for what it is.
I'll get some more interior shots after i put the glovebox back in, i was cleaning up some dodgy wires done by a dodgy auto eleccy wannabe.

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
i love those veilside andrews. AWESOME find! the car is mint being it is a Turbo A makes the car even more valued. keep it! its a collector's item! congrats!! take good care of it.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
wiseco7mgt;1221560 said:
The turbo _a engine had map based ecu so no restrictive airflowmeter, and they also had highflowed ct26 with the larger intercooler that was used on the jza70's.When i pull the motor down i'll measure the cams again just to confirm they are the same as the standard 7mgte cams, and this time ill pull the block apart to see if it's crank is any different.
They were rated at 280 ps from factory.

Didnt all Turbo A's come with 6M cranks since they were all built in; was it Sept 88? or October 88?