Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I don't know what crank is in it so that's part of the fun pulling it apart and proving or disproving the usual turbo-A myths.i know the throttle body is slightly larger i measured that last time.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
i'm sorry for the poor quality shots they are taken with my phone as the kids broke my digital camera, as soon as the camera is fixed i'll take it to a scenic location polish the car and get some high quality shots.
I'll keep updating this thread as i switch engines and a few other bits.

Mk3Les

Turbo-a;1222324 said:
Oh man this makes me sad as for letting her go :(

Such a beautiful car! those pictures make it justice! i'm just really glad its in the right hands now!

Not as sad as your gonna be when he slaps ya EVO's ass in it :)
Ive seen this car in the flesh and WOW its nice, if I had the cash it would have been sitting in my drive right now.

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Mk3Les;1222336 said:
Ive seen this car in the flesh and WOW its nice, if I had the cash it would have been sitting in my drive right now.

Yeah she's a beautiful car! and i know Pete's gunna make it live like it's suppose to with the new motor! hell its gunna be a fast car! i know what it was like at 370hp with 14psi on the tired motor. lol, uno your gunna need those arizona brakes! and no pinchin my brembos biatch lol!

I think we have to organise a track day :icon_bigg

you guys are gunna eat me up on the straights!!! i mite have to pick a track with sharp turns ey

Great thread!!! more pics pete!!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Comforting to know these cars are still out here hiding in this good condition.

Good luck interested to see how this goes.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mk3Les;1222336 said:

hahahaha yeah we'll need a big straight to reel him in Les, it's fast.Handles and brakes like a go-cart.
As long as the track isn't too dusty , i dont like getting it dirty.lol

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! This car is Fu***** MINT! This car is so0o0o0o0o0o SEXY HOT! :love:

This car is so0o0 hot that I gave this thread a 5 star rating.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Well firstly the wheels are the usual 5 stud, that is a cover with a centre nut design.
The head unit is a pioneer but i forget what model but it's pretty sweet and the look seems to suit without being overbearing.
The engine is already built and run in, It was a project of mine some time ago and i spent a fortune on it in machineing costs alone.
specs are
40,000 klms jap motor.
20 thou over Wiseco forgies (reweighted before assembly)
Chrome moly rings, filed to bore(wiseco spec)
balanced and ground crank
balanced ring gear,harmonic balancer( at the time i was running a a340e)
Acl crank bearings
Block tested ,cleaned, match bored
Rods tested, ground,weighted, fitted with clevites 77 bearings.
block surface ground to mirror finish
Remote oil filter relocation kit, using large z9 filter
Head ground to mirror, ported and polished, all valves checked, cleaned and reseated
heads coolant ports all cleaned and resized to own spec.
titon 2.0mm metal h/gasket
high flow tridon thermostat
Arp head bolts
550cc Rc injectors
aeromotive afpr
90 ft/lbs tension
all new gaskets, mostly felpro with acl valve stem seals.
intake manifold slightly ported and cleaned
Exhaust manifold cleaned and smoothed internally.
apexi filter
ngk iridium plugs
stinger 8860 standalone
hks bov
A lot of time and a lot of love!

The goal for this motor was no more than 500 hp at the crank and must be smooth and fast revving while produceing plenty of torque.
Testing has already shown the motor even with a stock turbo and a auto in a heavy cressida to out accelerate this turbo-a pretty badly (yes the turbo-a was running a new 60-1 turbo 550 injectors and more boost at the time)
So looking forward to running larger turbo and standalone ecu.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
took a new pic so i thought i'd update.The car is now cleaner than ever and i have it in my shed ready for next weekend when it will be fitted with the new engine, will be street tuned till i get a chance to go over to the coast and get it dynoed.
p1247720_1.jpg