Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
So finally gave the car a few short runs and kept an eye on the A/F's, needless to say it was very rich but went very well. Second gear snaps the old neck off if i give it any more than 3/4 throttle with just the ct26 highflow job but it hits boost cut by roughly 3500rpm so i'd love to see how it goes through to redline at full boost (map sensor is 14psi).
Clutch is becoming very driveable and not very chatty..i'm impressed.lol.

Mk3Les

HKS_TRD;1363568 said:
You can use the S-AFC to bring the entire fuel curve up and down

It also has 2 different fuel maps which you can set at what throttle position each fuel map is effective at and it interpolates between the 2. This lets you have the mixture right for WOT and then use the other map for tuning cruise too. Think of it as an electronic version of the Lex AFM mod for regular 7Ms.

mate thats exactly what we did for mine.I'm using RX7 550's on mine and we found they were running lean at idle but were rich over 3500rpm's, the safc evened it out really well, just have to be careful because if you pull too much fuel the ecu pulls timing.

Anyway Pete the car looks great mate and keep in touch ;)

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mk3Les;1364353 said:
mate thats exactly what we did for mine.I'm using RX7 550's on mine and we found they were running lean at idle but were rich over 3500rpm's, the safc evened it out really well, just have to be careful because if you pull too much fuel the ecu pulls timing.

Anyway Pete the car looks great mate and keep in touch ;)

Hey Les, yeah but mine is rich as shit at idle, it's flashing at 10.0 so it's probably even richer than that. The turbo-A ecu is a funny little beast and last time a tune was tried on it with a hks fuel comp it wouldn't let it tune, it would just tune out the changes., dunno why????, maybe wired wrong..
I really don't want to play with the wires anymore, i just want to slot back in some 440's that have been cleaned and flowed by the local toyota mob and tune the factory ecu to factory settings until a later date. The car is very quick even as it is surprisingly and the RC550's aren't going to be quite big enough for my next goal anyways.:evil2:

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
wiseco7mgt;1364338 said:
Yeah? that worked quite well the HKS reg, just didn't have a fuel pressure gauge from memory, just needs an inline one added and bingo. I like the fact it looks almost stock and fits in the stock location.
Small world though.lol.

yeah I got an electonic in cabin fp gauge. I just put the sender on a speedfow fitting on the rail. I will monitor the pressure from in cabin.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
If anyone wants a sweet turbo-a let me know, i may have to sell due to house funds getting low, just sold my bike and the car may be next ( My family has always come first.)

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
SupraOfDoom;1367663 said:
Yeah how much not that I can afford it but I'm curious how much they go for? Also what diff do they have? I've already seen one turbo a MOTOR in person but not a whole car :p.

I'd let it go for $14,000 if someone wanted it but if i couldn't get that i wouldn't bother selling, i'd rather just get a loan for the house money i need ....funny how priorities change after having kids..

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Sounds like a good deal to me. Would be a shame to get rid of it though. If I had one I don't think I would ever let it go... kinda like my first Supra. If I had 14k right now.... you'd have a ton of money in your paypal. Def on my long term to do list...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I'll hold on to it for as long as i can, but if my savings run dry then i won't have a lot of choice..Building materials have skyrocketed.!