Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
The bits i ordered from Aaron (driftmotion) just arrived and i'm putting them on now so i may be driveing it this afternoon if all goes well.(like it ever does!)
Thank you Aaron your service is second to none and the parts took the same time to arrive as buying from places in australia but through you at least i know they will fit.lol. Free plug.:biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Or ;)

toys03.jpg

toys04.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
i'm like that with power tools for building. lol," good tools last forever", i tell myself that to justify the prices sometimes.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Oh Dear! Clutch doesn't want to disengage. I immediately felt a little ill lol then got under and checked the clutch plate again and the thick side is faceing the gearbox (which i believe is the only way otherwise the clutch plate hub would grind against the flywheel bolts) The clutch pedal has a small amount of viabration happening when i depress the clutch if that is any indication of an error.Just feels like the clutch slave isn't pushing the fork over enough, will rebleed then panic if that doesn't work...I'm so not in the mood as my house i'm building is going slow due to bad weather as well.
Sorry guys would love to say i just got it tuned and all is well but that's cars for you.!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Ok some good news, the clutch is fine now. I had to make a custom clutch slave rod which is 15mm longer to fully disengage the clutch, for some reason the clutch kit i had built for me has a long way to travel unlike the stocker but thats all sorted now.
The car has had the stinger 6860 removed in favour of the factory map based ecu, due to the installer doing such a crap job i got sick of finding dodgy wiring and just pulled the whole lot.
Down the track when i have some time ill build a new loom for it and reinstall and upgrade the turbo at the same time, although that may be some time yet.
The car runs great now but i have 550 injectors in it so it's very rich, i'll buy some 440cc injectors this week if i can and refit the factory size.
enough talk heres pics.
p1363071_1.jpg

p1363071_2.jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Hey its all looking really sweet

Maybe, instead of going back to 440s, wire in an S-AFC for now and keep the 550s

I dont know if I've said it before but I REALLY like your wheels

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Thanks Dan! It's nothing on the detail you are doing but once it's all tuned i intend on slowly replaceing all the hoses with braided line and AN fittings.
I have thought about a safc but at idle or cruise my A/F's are 10.0-10.3 and doesn't the safc only tune WOT? If it will tune at cruise as well i know someone that can help me out with one, i really don't know much about them.:1zhelp:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
wiseco7mgt;1363214 said:
Thanks Dan! It's nothing on the detail you are doing but once it's all tuned i intend on slowly replaceing all the hoses with braided line and AN fittings.
I have thought about a safc but at idle or cruise my A/F's are 10.0-10.3 and doesn't the safc only tune WOT? If it will tune at cruise as well i know someone that can help me out with one, i really don't know much about them.:1zhelp:

You can use the S-AFC to bring the entire fuel curve up and down

It also has 2 different fuel maps which you can set at what throttle position each fuel map is effective at and it interpolates between the 2. This lets you have the mixture right for WOT and then use the other map for tuning cruise too. Think of it as an electronic version of the Lex AFM mod for regular 7Ms.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
AndyMac;1363326 said:
whens the interstate cruising happening? ;)

Haha not for a while for me anyways, i'll be busy building this year so next year hopefully i will have plenty more time for cruises and the like.!

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
wiseco7mgt;1363605 said:
Haha not for a while for me anyways, i'll be busy building this year so next year hopefully i will have plenty more time for cruises and the like.!

Ill probably find myself doing the same thing :(

on a lighter note, I own the hks fuel reg that was once in your car!

Bought it off the previous owner!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
AndyMac;1364115 said:
Ill probably find myself doing the same thing :(

on a lighter note, I own the hks fuel reg that was once in your car!

Bought it off the previous owner!

Yeah? that worked quite well the HKS reg, just didn't have a fuel pressure gauge from memory, just needs an inline one added and bingo. I like the fact it looks almost stock and fits in the stock location.
Small world though.lol.