Turbo-A about to have it's heart removed

Mk3Les

wiseco7mgt;1304080 said:
Hi Les, progress is slower than i would've liked due to every time i start work on the car someone turns up to visit lol, yeah Dan mentioned you may have a spare if not don't worry ill make one up monday.
Tomorrow i should be all finished minus the turbo so i'll update engine bay pics then.

Mate if you get stuck just let me know and I'll hook you up :)

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
wiseco7mgt;1221542 said:
So i bought this because it was shiny and i wanted to spend some money, lol. It's a genuine turbo-A and is pretty mint inside and out.I have all the genuine bits that came with the car in the shed so if i wanted i could return it back to original but for now i'll have some fun and modify the engine a little just for a little more h.p.
My h.p goal is 450hp atw and a lot of torque so the original engine is coming out in the next couple of weeks and the new engine i built is sitting waiting in the shed, already run in so it'll be straight away ready for some fun..:naughty:
The car already has had $$$ spent so i'll list a few of it's goodies.
Tein coilovers
stinger 8860 ecu, stinger ignitor
mines strut brace
aeromotive afpr
rc injectors (550's)
255lph intank pump
genuine spearco intercooler
cooleze pipes 2.5 inch ceramic coated
3 piece Veilside "andrews" 18" wheels
3" turbo back custom mandrel bent exhaust system with tanabe medallion race muffler
60-1 garrett cartridged turbo
Apexi intake filter
Hks ssqv bov
New front end bushes installed
Greddy turbo timer
Greddy electronic boost controller
Cusco Brake stopper
DBA slotted front rotors
Full alarm system, keyless entry, immobiliser

Brand new installed, Genuine factory MOMO Gear knob, brand new factory bottom front lip, brand new front inner guards.
Has heaps more goodies inside the new engine but i'll keep that under wraps and just post up the dyno sheet after it's tuned.
Here's a few pics to start with, i'll get a few more once the sun goes down.
p1307783_1.jpg

p1307783_2.jpg

p1307783_3.jpg

p1307783_4.jpg

man im gona go cry.........:aigo::aigo::love::wtc::wtc::thefinger::w00t:::asshole::bigthumb::doublebir:eek2::boobies:

i have been looking for a mkiii supra with those rims on them for ever and ever.THANK U!! and the best part is that the rims are on a prime example of beautiful mk3 supe.

i have a set of those rims in my room about 2 years now because i cant afford tires:3d_frown:.all my money is going into getting my gte built for now.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Thanks man,lol yeah i love the veilside wheels to.The car is nearly ready to go, just waiting on the turbo lines and ill be back driveing.I'm also building a house at the moment so i have my hands full and the house is the priority.

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
ERA;1271455 said:
Damn, how did I miss this thread.
That is a damn nice turbo-a.

Cool spider too.

not so cool when it bites you.....thats a black widow huh???fuck spiders scare the shit outta me....same with snakes......beutiful car though

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
wiseco7mgt;1307857 said:
Thanks man,lol yeah i love the veilside wheels to.The car is nearly ready to go, just waiting on the turbo lines and ill be back driveing.I'm also building a house at the moment so i have my hands full and the house is the priority.

yea i know what you mean right now its school my motor then tires and paint .my cars as clean as your so once i give me 87 a heart transplant get the rims mounted and paint the supe white pearl my car will be as nice as yours.btw my rims were hand polished by me so the color is polished aluminum about 10-15 hours to get them polished to a mirror shine.can you put up like 5 more pictures of the whole car please:icon_bigg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
nearly done, just a few more things and its time to give it a bath.The radiator reservoir is ugly as hell so ill get a alloy from somewhere.
p1309725_1.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Thanks guys for the kind words..The car is sitting on jacks at the moment and as the clutch slave took a dump on me ..I ordered a new clutch slave and clutch master as well as new cam cover seals from driftmotion and they were great to deal with and sent it off straight away so hopefully next week i'll be driving it. I can make a start up vid if you like but i wanted to get it tuned on the dyno first so i could post up the dyno chart as well(remember the turbo is only a high flow so it wont be impressive although it really screams louder than i remember it).
I just sold my motorbike project so it's looking good for the bigger turbo kit.:evil2:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
AndyMac;1335316 said:
looks great!

how long did it take you to build the airbox like that?

also where did you get that 2 gauge A-pillar from?

Hi mate, the pllar pod i made just useing a standard 2 gauge pod and cutting it to fit the shape of the pillar then fibreglassing over the gauge pod to get the contours of the pillar spot on, finishing off with spray putty and primer. The paint colour is a bit off so it's got to come off for a second go at it.

The airbox i used some craft cardboard to get the right shape i was after and traced out the shapes onto some alloy plate, cut it out with a jigsaw then bent it to shape. Takes about 30 mins to make, pretty basic job.

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Beautiful turbo-a you got there. I like the fact you are modding but saving the factory parts on this rare car. Were all turbo-a's hardtop cars?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
slowmedown;1338078 said:
Beautiful turbo-a you got there. I like the fact you are modding but saving the factory parts on this rare car. Were all turbo-a's hardtop cars?

Hi mate, yes they were all factory hardtops that i know of, i tried to use the factory stuff as much as posible even though i wanted a ffim and a 2j but next car will be totally different, i like frankensteins for some reason.:crazy1:

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
wiseco7mgt;1335678 said:
Hi mate, the pllar pod i made just useing a standard 2 gauge pod and cutting it to fit the shape of the pillar then fibreglassing over the gauge pod to get the contours of the pillar spot on, finishing off with spray putty and primer. The paint colour is a bit off so it's got to come off for a second go at it.

The airbox i used some craft cardboard to get the right shape i was after and traced out the shapes onto some alloy plate, cut it out with a jigsaw then bent it to shape. Takes about 30 mins to make, pretty basic job.

I wish I was that crafty :(

The airbos sounds pretty easy, I might have to have a look into something similar soon.

How much did the alloy cost you?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I brought a bigger sheet than i needed as i had a few bits to make for my motorbike with it and all up the alloy cost $35.00, I think the sheet was 900mm x 900mm. It's easy if you make a sweet box out of cardboard first so you can test fit it too see how your measurements work out and then if any changes need to be made it costs nothing, once you have the airbox just like you pictured transfer the design to alloy and if you aren't confident about making it yourself with the alloy just take it to a fabricating workshop and they will cut it out and bend it for you for a few extra dollars.