Mr.Yuk's Swap/Build

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd now I'm taking my thread back lol.
After swinging by Sean's and talking with him... I have pretty much no other option but to run stock stuff.. FOR NOW:3d_frown:. ( Sean, as soon as you get space to work though...) Seeing as how close I am to being up and running (a manifold and whammy-ing I/C together) at this point I just want to drive the damn car.
So, This weekend I will be getting my stock manifold back, getting stock I/C pipe from STEVE and running my stock inter-cooler (boo I know) and hopefully turning the key on saturday or sunday. If any of the local guys wanna come help with some stuff, ya'll are welcome! lol And hey..punch and pie will be provided:biglaugh:
Any way.. this is staying a 7M until something goes boomy.

Last edited:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Yeah not having a power hookup for my welder really has held me back on a few things I want and need to do. The first thing that is getting done when I am back up and running is your manifold and some charge piping, just bring the car on over and over a weekend I will Whammy it all out.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well that is ok and bad news together.

So who was busted trying to prove there car was faster/ slower on the street? Emo?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
That would be me. Not trying to prove anything, just trying to figure out why there was a miss (ECU).

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Well just got back in from the garage, got a later start than I planned today (8pm!!:() and got waaaaayyyyyy fewer thing accomplished than I had planned.
Got the starter and Stock upper and lower intake manifold on, as well as (oddly enough) got the cold side stock I/C pipe mounted... Even though there is a GE P/S reservoir in the way. Hot side is started, but I don't have the correct clamps :p
Anyway, will try to post pictures tomorrow... looks like this thing isn't getting started by the end of the weekend after all.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Meh, progress happens like that.
Myself I should be re-dressing my engine bay but been out with the lady last few days.

At least your closer to having a running car ;)

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Meh, progress happens like that.
Myself I should be re-dressing my engine bay but been out with the lady last few days.

At least your closer to having a running car ;)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
lol.. Yeah, I am painfully close o having a running car, but thinking I'm gonna take a break from it tonight. Found some T-clamps at work that should do the trick on the I/C piping and picking up my GTE throttle body tomorrow.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Due to a minor argument with the camera, here is another no-pics update.
Spent all day yesterday working on the car, got started at about 930am and went to roughly 630ishpm... Engine to tranny mount wings are on, all wiring is complete, oil cooler hooked up, IC piping hooked up, cold start injector apparatus hooked up... the car...is... pretty much done. Heh.

Now for the bit of blah. Filled it with oil and installed the battery and after double checking some things and getting some wiring straightened out, attempted to actually START the car tonight.... Nothing. Not a click. Not a turn over, nothing.:dunno: Not that I was actually expecting everything to fire up and run like a top, but still slightly annoying.
After jumping a wire to the starter, we actually got' the car to crank over; But still no firing. So, here's what I'm looking at: Bad connection of power wire to starter -easily fixed- and maybe a bad ground? Sean thinks that the lack of 3000 pipe IC couplers not actually being clamped is an issue as well. Along with air lines to the IAC.. makes sense. I'll try to get that all sorted out with in the next day or two and will also hopefully be able to post CLEAR pictures.
Off to bed.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Did you check for spark? That is the first thing any supra owner should check when running into a "the engine spins but don't start" situation.

Spark, fuel, air, is all it needs to "attempt" to start. No spark, check the CPS and wiring first ;)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
lol Every auto owner should check fuel and spark first. Got fuel and started messing with the spark stuff last night. Got the engine to turn off the ignition switch finally - forgot my harness came off of an automatic- and just grounded out the neutral safety switch. Hopefully will find the no spark issue soon

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Well, last night was fairly productive, got my fans mounted and double checked some hoses (thank god!) and fixed some things... and got the whole starting issue solved! I think...
Got the car to back-fire last night, so at this point I'm thinking the timing is just that far off. Gonna solve that and hopefully get this thing to run.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Woot! Excellent to hear things are coming together. It sounds like there's still a lot left to do, but it's good that it fires alright! Let me know if you're working on it this weekend (and about the tires!)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Dropped the car off to get exhaust put on tonight.. Throwing carbon and backfire flames at my chase car lol.
So.. The Maiden Voyage... This is how it went:
Emilio came over and helped me install my hood and tighten some things up; After a quick inspection, we decided to go fill the Sup with fuel. I figured it would be a good idea to bring a fire extinguisher with -just in case- and Emilio agreed. He then hopped into the car, thoroughly readied himself with the extinguisher ( I mean damn near hugging it) and we then drove the 2.5-3 blocks to the gas station. Whilst filling with 91 octane, Emilio readied himself with the extinguisher...again:nono:. It was plain to see that Emilio firmly believed the Supra was going to spontaniously combust. On the way home- you guessed it- Emilio readied himself with the extinguisher. He tried to bring it with him into the gas station, but I wouldn't let him.
After Emilio De-jankified my IC piping a bit ( and was very disgusted with the fact that I have a few bolts with 13mm heads going on..) We ran to his house to see if we could find a GTE tach in the candy cruiser (93 Dodge Grand Caravan with the tints)
And... Emilio readied himself with the extinguisher.