Mr.Yuk's Swap/Build

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I dunno.. I guess we will see what happens. I should be mocking up your exhaust tonight and hopefully fixing most of my harness.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Mr.Yuk;1589997 said:
I dunno.. I guess we will see what happens. I should be mocking up your exhaust tonight and hopefully fixing most of my harness.

Ah excellent! If you're in need of some rubber hangers, I have some spares at home.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Actually all my hangers are in very good condition, While getting everything lined up last night, I realized I should take care of swapping out fuel pumps first. So I will be doing that instead of exhaust installing.
Hopefully going to try to install the motor this weekend. I should have the last of the little parts and such I need to be pretty much done. Lol.. might need to track down some stock IC pipe though...

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Quick little no pics progress report. After rounding everything up and dealing with too many late nights this week (getting off at 830pm isn't great for wrenching) I finally made a bit of progress today.
Got the rest of my turbo gaskets and have the CT bolted on to the manifold and most lines hooked up to the block. Having issues with the banjo bolt though.. seems all the ones I have are the wrong size :(

Also fixed the wiring harness today and got that all squared away. Just waiting for my coil pack harness from Toyota and it sounds like Sean will be building my Long-runner FFIM tomorrow so that's all good.

Running out of ambition.. Could get the fuel pump and exhaust done today, but after too many trips to the hardware store and this whole banjo bolt thing, starting to run out of ambition for the day. And damn beer sounds good.
We'll see what happens...

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Actually the banjo bolt wasn't the issue..it was me... upon further inspection and a quick stupid question call to STEVE, turns out the reason why the bolt wouldn't thread in was due to a slightly tweaked feed line. Sooooo whilst trying to loosen everything up and get the feed line bolt threaded, my brand spankin' new return line gasket tore...(picked it up today)
Sigh..
Turbo uninstalled... I am walking away from this engine for the night. Eh.. whaddya do?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I have come to the conclusion that nothing makes you feel more like an idiot than anything you do for the first time on a 7M

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Another quickie update:
Finally got my Coil Pack harness from Toyota today as well as the gasket that tore during the last turbo install episode, Got Coil packs, Ign wires, and the CT26 installed this morning before work. All I need to do now is the clutch kit, drop the engine in, install I.C. pipe and I.C., and get my manifold stuff taken care of and I should be up and running soon.
I hope.
Mean while whilst I'm waiting for some stuff.. I was thinking about weight reduction, but we all know that taking the back seats out is silly, and I want to keep all my sound deadening stuff. So I figured out an alternative method of weight reduction that is so full-of-win that I'm sure STEVE will approve. Hell.. maybe even IJ.
Low cost weight reduction with out parts removal. Make a sup poop.
ex-lax.jpg

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
At 12:56 am July 23rd 2010... my engine was officially in my car! Woos! The generous Mr. STEVE came up and with help from the wife, we got the motor in. I believe STEVE will be posting pics.
Now to just start bolting stuff on and installing IC components and such.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yep, and here they are!
p1596221_1.jpg

p1596221_2.jpg

p1596221_3.jpg

and the money shot- DREW HAZ TURBO BOOST!
p1596221_4.jpg

Hooray! now time for sleep.............zzzzzzzz

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
^ Actually, the IC I will be running is for a FFIM (which I will be using) so the N/A P/S reservoir will be ok where it is :)
And in other news and run-on sentences...
Today so far I installed the radiator, hoses, P/S pump, belts, engine harness, AFM, and after I veg out for a while and do some running around, I will install the starter and start installing IC and pipe as well as oil cooler stuffs. Tomorrow at work I'm going to need to get a gasket for the franken downpipe I got from Sean.. and then it's on to exhaust install!
Things are actually going smoothly kinda!:aigo:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Nice.

Yeah Sean told me about that (FFIM) today when I saw him at the Elmhurst Toyota car show for Chi2k10 haha

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Did you put sealant on the front cam caps before you put them on. If not it might or probably will leak oil. Not much but its still a leak.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Moy;1597113 said:
Nice.

Yeah Sean told me about that (FFIM) today when I saw him at the Elmhurst Toyota car show for Chi2k10 haha

Oh?

Yeah, like STEVE said, it got the dab o' FIPG, I've actually done cam seals on these before ;)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Yeah, haha. I still think he's crazy for riding a motorcycle from St. Cloud all the way to Chicago...

I'm interested to see the finished product :)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
^ So am I lol. The original plan was for a long-runner.. but with Sean being busy with helping Dan and all... I don't rightly know now:(

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Don't do it , you know what I'm talking about ;)

Looks like you better just plan on starting your sup up some time mid winter.