Mr.Yuk's Swap/Build

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Been driving the car for 2 weeks now and so far......
Blew p/s return line
new oil leak in pan.. can see it this time, thinking relieving some pressure off the PCV system might be the answer by utilizing a catch-can
Speedo cable broke. :(

Will post pics soon though of nifty new ride height

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Hey, everybody- Drew's not dead! :p

Glad to hear you're driving it around though! WTF on the oil pan...that sucks :(

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Catch can is here. And has been, hope to install this weekend after finishing of the movening.
Supra is gonna go without mods for a little bit now...

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Looks good man just read through your build...I have to say though... this was me when I saw you REUSING YOUR OLD RINGS!
[video=youtube;3mH3tRJaXXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mH3tRJaXXk[/video]

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
^ That excited eh? lol However, you are the first one to catch that, so you win a bacon covered cookie!!!
Well moving has been done for a couple weeks now. I haven't done anything to the car but drive it. Broke front lip, might have to talk to Rob about his "spare" one.
Other than that.... I haven't lost ambition I assure you. However when you've been hemorrhaging funds during a move and such... blah.
In a bit of good news: Did get to take the car on its first long trip of 200 miles, complete with some twisties, switch backs, hair pins, and a few blind corners... at no less than 60mph up to 100mph. Twas fun.:icon_bigg
So now.. when I finally start working on the Sup again: Need to replace turbo, and muffler. Both of those are driving me nuts. Not a fan of magnaflow at all.:nono:

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
With all the humidity we've been having up here in the great white north, have been noticing some either fuel or boost issues and seemingly hitting a "wall" at about 5psi. After some consultation with Steve, it seems that a recirculation of the SSQV is in order, and that is very true....
However finding a broken wire on the pigtail leading to the MAF wasn't helping either. Hooray for 20+ year old harnesses!!

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Still alive, I promise. Haven't really accomplished much, hell haven't driven much... but I did get wide band installed! It's kinda depressing seeing how rich this thing is....

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Now owning 4 RC550 injectors.. just need to track down two more and a Lexus AFM housing. Who knows, maybe I'll get something done on the Sup this summer.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Sean USED to have some 550s...:evil2: lol, those are the 550s that I have. But thanks Dan, I will cal him about the AFM

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
This weekend I went to STEVE'S and we corrected some wiring issues as well as finally installed better intercooler and hard pipe!:icon_bigg
Also, finally taking recent interior pics!

p1824435_1.jpg

Battery and Fan wiring fix

p1824435_2.jpg

p1824435_3.jpg

p1824435_4.jpg

STEVE and Emilio and I in the fabrication/ process

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Got HKS exhaust installed, also threw on MSD wires and some make pretty stuff. Next step is Lexus AFM and 550s

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I lied. 550s and Lexus didn't happen. What did happen was this: Changed plugs and swapped cam covers for shiny pretty powder coated niftyness. Spark plugs came out as such... Cyl #1 Oily... :3d_frown: #2 Rich with a tint of red and slight blistering suggesting hint of lean. #3 looked stellar, #4 looked much like #2, only it was further back on the head. Cyls #5 and #6 were not quite normal and not quite lean.... Shoulda Fixed that MAF wire sooner and done rings....::hang::