Mr.Yuk's Swap/Build

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Well, so far I've put 113 miles on the Sup, going to re-torque the head tonight. Everything seems to be running smoothly - car seems to be running a little rich - but other than that and the non-working tach, all seems well.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
No problem Sean. Well been driving the car a week now, and have hit boost hard a couple times :) however... The Supra keeps.. well.. Supra-ing me.
So far...
Despite knowledge of a leaking rack.. The Rear main (which was replaced!!!) has decided to start leaking a bit. Went through about a half quart in 300 miles.
RR Strut is showing age finally.. that has been added to the list of Fixits.
STEVE hooked me up with some '91 5 spokes, so no more bent rims for me!!
Tach still doesn't work.. need to do resistor fix.
Other than that.. She pulls well!
And god does boost feel good. Even if it is stock :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

So my car has made me manic depressive I guess lol

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Mr.Yuk;1616735 said:
No problem Sean. Well been driving the car a week now, and have hit boost hard a couple times :) however... The Supra keeps.. well.. Supra-ing me.
So far...
Despite knowledge of a leaking rack.. The Rear main (which was replaced!!!) has decided to start leaking a bit. Went through about a half quart in 300 miles.
RR Strut is showing age finally.. that has been added to the list of Fixits.
STEVE hooked me up with some '91 5 spokes, so no more bent rims for me!!
Tach still doesn't work.. need to do resistor fix.
Other than that.. She pulls well!
And god does boost feel good. Even if it is stock :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

So my car has made me manic depressive I guess lol

Yeah it'll do that... the manic depressive thing I mean

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Well, did a little experiment today:
Changed oil and got the filter cut open; just signs of bearings settling in. Aaaannnnnd to try to aid the whole leaky rear main bit, tried some Lucas oil stabilizer... so far it's taken care of the leaking turbo seals (No more smoke win!) and we will see what happens.
God I need to post pics soon

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Pics are FTW not overrated :p

Also driving supra's are FTW. I would drive mine more but Im not happy with the throttle feel, plus she likes stilling in the garage.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Finally getting some pics posted! I've put about 1500 miles on the Sup so far and not much has changed. Tonight I replaced my cam cover to PCV system hoses.. that should cure some of my oil leak (yeah.. forgot to replace those :() and cleaned up some vacuum lines. Other than that, shes still a tickin!
Note: Some of these pics are a bit old.. I'm kinda back logging right now..

6 Puck sprung hub niftiness
5053043388_a14a723d02.jpg
[/url]DSCN1902 by cojamegerard, on Flickr[/IMG]

Engine In! Hood is about ready to go back on in this picture, after the hood went on and I fixed my exposed wires, just had to do a few minor things.
5053043378_b5458f13f6.jpg
[/url]FSCN1963 by cojamegerard, on Flickr[/IMG]

Taken a week or so ago after taking her out for her first bath since running again. Notice the '91 5 spokes.. thanks again STEVE!
5053043384_c795637d75.jpg
[/url]DSCN1959 by cojamegerard, on Flickr[/IMG]
5053043376_0dcee3ebde.jpg
[/url]FSCN1962 by cojamegerard, on Flickr[/IMG]

And like every other Supra.. I'm far from done lol

Last edited:

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
funky_monkey58;1625586 said:
Glad to see I can still put together an engine!

What happened, you had an accident? Did you hit your head? Had amnesia for awhile? Your really a cyborg from the future and they had to reboot your system with another future computer? Drew gave you a new mission? And now there's a built engine? AMAZING!!
lol jk
It looks like a trouble free install, by the hands of marvelous modern technology ;)

Whats next, boost freely till the next upgrade session?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Sean, I didn't pay attention when the motor was pulled from the 91, is it the updated 7m block with the extra ribs that drew has ?

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I believe the the crank is a 7m and STEVE noted the better flowing head :). Also Sean did quite a bit of the internal work with me assisting lol. The whole thing was a group effort on the parts of STEVE, Sean, Emilio, Rob, Dan,my fiance Anna, and myself. A huge thanks to everyone!!
The engine install it's self was a bit of a PITA; the clutch wouldn't line up properly and took STEVE, the wife, and I, a few hours. You can see it after it was installed in previous posts.

As far as boosting freely? lol not so much. Been keeping it at stock, but might install my MBC this weekend, as well as the Ebay SSQV that I got in a trade from Rob. And hopefully Emilio and I (mostly Emilio I'm guessing as it's more his department) will get the resistors changed in my N/A tach.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

By the by, turns out Rear Main wasn't leaking!!!!
The two small hoses running from the cam covers up to the PVC being split were the cause of my leak! So far haven't seen any further leaks as far as oil!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
92nsx;1625727 said:
Sean, I didn't pay attention when the motor was pulled from the 91, is it the updated 7m block with the extra ribs that drew has ?

Yes, I do believe it is. Funny thing is I thought mine was an early block for the longest time only to find out it was also a late block.