You know you're a Supra owner when...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
When you find it physically impossible to *not* look over at your car any time you walk within sight of it...

When you keep dumping money into it, knowing damn well that there would have been much better examples to be had for cheaper, dumb as that is...

When you walk into the tech's library of TSRM's at the dealer and they don't bother stopping you anymore...

Polythamus

May 24, 2009
Melbourne
When after working at a place for a year your work mates are still asking you when that 'damn POS of a supra' is going to finally be on the road and you give your standard answer, 'oh a week or so, I just have to change/fix/replace/adjust the wiring/turbo/timing/miscellaneous part x etc..'

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You know you're a MKIII owner when..... you can relate more to the guys with DSM's than with other generations of supra owners.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know you're a Supra owner when... you're flat broke and *still* browsing the FS section on Supramania.

destrux;1614041 said:
You know you're a MKIII owner when..... you can relate more to the guys with DSM's than with other generations of supra owners.

Heh, I used to have a bunch of DSM guys for neighbors, they were pretty cool, and yeah... we can very much relate. If your DSM (Supra) isn't broke, you are. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MK3pizzadriver;1615208 said:
Birds know better than to shit on your car

Wish I could say that... there are the occasional brave ones, but it's nowhere near as bad as when I drove Chevies.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
When you go into the parts store and they already have your car and your info pulled up in the history.
When its cheaper to get a parts car instead of all the parts you need separately.
When people ask how your supra is coming along and you have to ask "Which one?"
When looking to buy a house your first concern is where you can work on your supra and where you can store your extra parts.
When you have to have 2 insurance policies to cover your cars because you can only have 4 cars on the primary insurance account.
When you go to the parts store and they offer you coffee before they start looking up parts for you.
When you do so much work to your supra and haven't driven it in a long time that you miss you car so you go buy another one to drive till yours is finished.

When a normal conversation in you car goes like this
Passenger "Are we going sideways?"
Me "Yes!"
Passenger "Are we still going sideways?"
Me "Yes!"
Passenger "Can we stop going sideways?"
Me "No?"

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
metaphysico;1615263 said:
When you go into the parts store and they already have your car and your info pulled up in the history.
When its cheaper to get a parts car instead of all the parts you need separately.
When people ask how your supra is coming along and you have to ask "Which one?"
When looking to buy a house your first concern is where you can work on your supra and where you can store your extra parts.
When you have to have 2 insurance policies to cover your cars because you can only have 4 cars on the primary insurance account.
When you go to the parts store and they offer you coffee before they start looking up parts for you.
When you do so much work to your supra and haven't driven it in a long time that you miss you car so you go buy another one to drive till yours is finished.

When a normal conversation in you car goes like this
Passenger "Are we going sideways?"
Me "Yes!"
Passenger "Are we still going sideways?"
Me "Yes!"
Passenger "Can we stop going sideways?"
Me "No?"

wow. that is you. i know too its weird i was reading it and i was like damn jason would love this. then i seen that your the one who posted it. LMAO

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
when everyone at your local Toyota dealer knows you by name, or as "the guy with the Supra" because you frequently go there for parts

roystunna

May 27, 2009
USA
you cant finish your first project but bought a 91 shell just because its a rare sunroof one and would hate to see it get junked, now projects x2 cash=gone

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
when you buy a supra.. rod knock within 1000 miles and scrap all your other project toyotas to fix your supra because "why the hell have i never owned one of these they are awesome!!!"