Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
sad face
p1264200_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Striking Eclutchmasters from future purchase list now! What that is saying is...We're not gonna tell you this is shit, but if it suck when you get it, you're screwed. I know that a clutch is an easy part to fail if not broken in, or if it's beat to hell, but I want some kind of warranty behind one when I buy it. That statement looks like it would fit nicely in an ebay ad. I don't buy from people like on there either.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
yea over all it looks like a good clutch but how can i tell right. Well I think I will send them an email just to say how shady that sound and looks. Its in the ebay add but they cover it with the clutch. yey go me. Next wk I may install it and then do 500 miles and strap it to the dyno. I hope all will be thumbs up keep in mind i also have a w58 tranny. {shift ftw}

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
ok I installed it last night at my shop. {sorry it took soo long} When doing the clutch replace the rear main seal if you haven't Its really easy and cheep; also buy arp flywheel bolts or new toyota ones. the old ones will prob break. with that said the clutch feels softer then stock. But the grabyness {not a word} feels great. Still breaking it in but 1st gear is grabby and 2nd is grabby this was done with slow shifting and no boost. I did about 70 miles of stop and go last night. {soo tired} but I hope this will hold. stay tuned bec if It does not hold I will shut them down.

ridox

Zealot
Sep 26, 2007
socal
alloyguitar;1263388 said:
They really need to get their ducks in a row...The fact that it's two different numbers (in that sequence) seems like the company is a bit disorganized if you ask me.

I still have my F1 Stage 3 in my Soarer No issues. Its possible the torque figure was a typo or maybe they increased the rating from hearing feed back from customers.

I'm guessing I'm making around 400hp not sure how much torque. Key thing to look for when purchasing a clutch though is the torque figure...

2quickk

Jun 22, 2009
Prosser
www.myspace.com
cant believe i was a victim purchasing a stage 3 XTD clutch for my old boosted honda...:nono: Good thing i never experienced it though i gave the clutch to the new owner!:naughty:
:thefinger Scammers!

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Man i im the market for a clutch and i was looking at the ECLUTCHMASTERS STAGE 2 for 7mgte. I claims to have a 2800 lbs of clamping force and its good for 490 rwtq. Im gonna look for a clutch shop here in houston and im gonna but this clutch to see it it actually has 2800 lbs of pressure . The price is $250 obo and $20 shipping. Ill let you guys know the results but for now i gotta start filling up the Piggy Bank and hope to get one with in the next couple of weeks:naughty:. As of right now i got a stock pp and 6 puck and its holding the ct26-60 trim at 10 psi nicely.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I don't know about the XTD pressure plate, as I didn't use it. When I broke my ACT disk center hub, I had an XTD 6 puck disk laying around.

I stuck it in my MKIV, as there was a street car shootout at the track the next day that I needed to win. It is still holding right now(I have a new ACT disk on the shelf now), and has held for three trips to the track with mid 11 second passes being pretty common, and 501 ft/lbs and 587 whp on tap. This was also on drag radials, launching at 5 psi on the two step at 4100 rpm.

The disk drives better than the act one with less chatter and nicer engagement, and has been holding this power for a while now. It also has about 3 K street miles on it, and does get driven in stop and go traffic.

I will report back when it fails, but for now, I'm very pleased with a clutch disk that I got for VERY cheap.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
FUCK XTD! The jacked up my bell housing with their inferior pressure plate!

Good for 400 plus horse power my ass!

Dog gone garbage!

Such dog gone garbage!!!

Should be illegal to sell such crap on the market with false ratings!

Wait a second it is!

Oh wait... it was sold on e-bay! BUYER BEWARE... dog gone stupid clause... ugh....

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
I would not blame a "Toyota OEM Pressure plate." Correct.

I would blame the XTD HEAVY DUTY RACING PRESSURE PLATE they included in the package.

All XTD 3 pressure plate is made from ductile iron which is about 30-40% stronger than conventional cast iron pressure plates also diaphragm has been heat-treated for holding maximum horse power up to 480HP...

And mine blew up... barely hitting 300 HP.

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I have the xtd stage 3 pressure plate in my car for 2yrs. now holding 300+lbs with no issues as well as many other members. Like I said the installation was done incorrectly or the fact that you installed a fairly aggressive clutch showed the weak points in a 20 yr old tranny.