Wiring Harness Terminals

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Any idea where i can locate the inverse of the injector clips? I know someone has bought them before to make an adapter that they can use regular 550cc injectors on, but what they are, and where they're from, i dunno :/

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
adampecush;1501255 said:
no, i believe the harness end terminals are made by AMP. they should be the same terminals that are sold for the 12-pin AEM plug (i think HPF has them)

AMP Multilock, now owned by Tyco. Terminals arrived but haven't had a chance to compare and test fit against the original harness. Side by side with the terminals AEM provided, they should fit. The AEM terminals aren't exactly the same as the OE terminals, anyways.

BTW, it was over $30 to get 30 terminals from HPF when I bought them about 2 years ago (didn't have time to research them). What I just bought is .15ea from Newark.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
bfr1992t;1502066 said:
AMP Multilock, now owned by Tyco. Terminals arrived but haven't had a chance to compare and test fit against the original harness. Side by side with the terminals AEM provided, they should fit. The AEM terminals aren't exactly the same as the OE terminals, anyways.

BTW, it was over $30 to get 30 terminals from HPF when I bought them about 2 years ago (didn't have time to research them). What I just bought is .15ea from Newark.

Could you provide me a link to those terminals (if you have one)? I've got to do some re-wiring of the stock harness for the AEM and I'd like to get the proper terminals (for a reasonable price if that is at all possible)

My other concern is that the ecu plugs on my new engine harness appear different than those on the original harness. I'm hoping it is just cosmetic and I don't require new/different terminals.

edit: is the terminal size 070 or 040?

edit2: damn, my productivity just took a nose dive after discovering the Tyco site.

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I can get any terminals made by Lear, Sumitumo, Delphi, and Yazaki through kent-moore tools. All I need is a part number from kent moore or a good picture of the terminal.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
It's a mix of .040 (signals only) and hybrid .070/.040 (power and signals).

Looks like R and T and hybrid. S and the AEM "C" should be .040 only.

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/comm...n/apdfEnglishENG_CAT_124962_0304_572_.pdf

Per my measurements the above match the .040 terminals in my 92T. OE is gold plated.

More options: http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/feat/en/c/10372

Turns out the 040 receptacles I ordered are the wrong series so I don't have the correct ones in hand to confirm. I haven't pulled a .070 contact out of the harness to compare with the 070's I ordered yet.

I picked these up from Newark while I was getting some other stuff. They don't have the gold plated versions in stock. Seems Digikey doesn't either.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
its a shame you can't pick up the individual terminals from toyota, it would make things much simpler. you can, however, get any connector you want. I managed to find the toyota harness repar guide which has every part number/connector you could imagine.

which receptacles did you order? the tyco site has 3d images of nearly every part they manufacture.

edit: i just ordered some .040 terminals from mouser.com along with the "C" plug for the aem...we'll see how that goes. It cost me less than $10 so if it doesn't work, it will be a cheap learning experience.

edit 2: shit, wrong plug. cheap learning experience indeed
here are the correct numbers:
174915-6 76-position multilock mating assembly (found on the AEM unit)
174516-6 26-position pin receptacle
174515-6 22-position pin receptacle
174514-6 16-position pin receptacle
174913-6 12-position pin receptacle (aem C plug) - have some "samples" coming from tyco/amp (confirmed, this is the correct "c" plug)

173631-1 .070 series receptacle contact
173716-1 .040 series receptacle contact (for the C plug)

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
there are certain plugs which do not use the sumitomo MT-style 090 pins including many of the temp sensors, the O2 sensor, oil pressure, AFM and TPS (last two not 100% though). I haven't looked into these plugs so I have no idea what style terminals they use. As far as de-pinning goes, a precision screwdriver set is all that I needed to disassemble the plugs.

Plugs such as the coil pack, cps, igniter, transmission, injectors, vsvs, and abs all use the MT-style 090 terminals (pins).

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Was it ever determined what terminals are used in the three yellow plugs on the ECU side of the harness? I need to rebuild a patch harness and this is the part that is holding me up.
-AM3

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Another MkIII;1826693 said:
Was it ever determined what terminals are used in the three yellow plugs on the ECU side of the harness? I need to rebuild a patch harness and this is the part that is holding me up.
-AM3

Actually wouldn't mind knowing this myself...no one really has a source for them and they seem to only offer patch harnesses where you need to solder each wire.

Finally delving into this myself:

The ECU uses pulse-lock connectors (made by AMP/Tyco):
Cap Connector for Board Mount
The housing is preloaded with tab contacts with right-angle posts. It is soldered onto the PC Board and mates with the plug connector. The cap connector includes a 24-position connector for signal circuits, a 30-position connector for power circuits (accepts a 12-position and a 18-position plug connector), and a 42-position connector for intermixed signal and power circuits (accepts a 14-position and a 18-position plug connector for signal circuits and a 10-position plug connector for power circuits), and a 52-position connector (accepts a 18-position and a 24-position plug connector for signal circuits and a 10-position plug connector for power circuits).

Header panel connector:
Part #: 1-172319-7
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMvlX3nhDDO4AGdryy51Xf3YLJJ2ntxz9Ng=

10 pin connector:
Part #: 172315-7
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...15-7/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv%2bkWzvOmGqmjgkml%2baXU3r

18 pin connector:
Part #: 172316-7
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...2316-7/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv%2bkWzvOmGqmhTX145EfJZx

24 pin connector:
Part #: 172317-7
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ha2pyFaduhuwbo/0q0it%2bKhShStge8Nzdl36DCK2gg=

pin possiblities:

172771-2 (gold plated, 22-20 awg, loose)
172772-2 (gold plated, 20-16 awg, loose)
170352-1 (tin plated, 22-20 awg, strip)
170352-2 (gold plated, 22-20 awg, strip)
170353-1 (tin plated, 20-16 awg, strip)

All the 3D pdfs look the damn same, I'll have to call them and ask if there is or isn't a difference in fitment. If they're all the same fitment wise then its just the size/plating/how they are shipped that determines the part # and I couldn't care less.

(edit for above: All are the same, however the 170352 part numbers are the current part numbers and should be used.)

New united race tech has the contacts and housings available right now. Mouser occasionally has the housings in stock (for MUCH cheaper, min order is 1 as well) but the min order on the contacts is 9400.

http://www.newunitedracetech.com/shop/pulse-lock-contacts-c-1_2_3.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other stupid connectors that aren't the generic sumitomo MT/ST whatever connectors:

3P250-r-r-f.jpg

Don't know what this is for but its on the harness. Part of Sumitomo's '250' (6.0 mm) line of connectors and terminals.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/3P250-rr/3p250-rr.html

p1840568_1.jpg

4 pin version of the one above, again part of the 250 (6.0 mm) line of stuff.
Can't find a source of this one yet.

2pf250k-black.jpg

Another part of the 250 (6.0 mm) line. Almost positive this is for the noise filter, although I'm lazy and don't want to walk downstairs at this very moment and double check on my harness to make sure this is the exact part. From memory it looks pretty close though.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/250_Connectors/250_connectors.html

Last edited:

kwikkiwi21

Feb 20, 2014
charlotte, NC
Heyy guys. I joined finally just because i have been trying to figure this terminal crap out on my build. Has anyone figured out the right terminals for the connectors on the inputs, and outputs for the 2jz harness?

i just received my trial order which i attempted to cross reference part numbers, and i think i have the right connector terminals. they slid right into my new cam sensor connector housing. Im excited so far, i can post pics and info tonight if you guys will find it of any value.