Status
Not open for further replies.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
ROTM August has been brought to you by:

JSC Speed specializes in import turbo performance. Opening its doors in 2001, JSC Speed has specialized in the MK3 Supra since the beginning and continues to do so, both distributing and retailing quality performance brands.

This Months Prize is a Beautiful set of Stainless steel braided brake lines. Cause we all know how much we need that stopping power....:biglaugh:

goodridge_supra_lines.jpg

Stainless steel brake lines are a great way to improve the performance and safety of your MK3 Supra. Essentially, the stainess steel design resists the balooning associated with OEM rubber lines and are more resistant to puncturing and collapsing.
Upgrading to stainless steel lines will improve pedal feel and make braking more responsive and firm. We reccomend using Motul RBF600 brake fluid in conjunction with the stainless lines.

Click on Any Images for a Larger High-res View

Congratulations to Ryan for Winning ROTM: August
Our Tribute to Naturally Aspirated Supras

Supramania ID: da89soup

It was an extremely close race this month almost ending in a tie. Which would have been a first for our ROTM. Ultimately Ryan one out by 1 vote. We all believe that Ryan’s Car is a great example of a Naturally Aspirated Supra that has been brought back to life with allot of hard work, persistence and dedication. You will see for your self that this is a shining example.

Enough of my blathering on, here is Ryan's Entry

A Few Words From Ryan:

Fist of all I would like to thank the admins!!! I was up against some tough competition this month and the fact you chose my car out of the group is truely an honor.

I would like to thank my wife!!! She has tolorated my obsession with cars, bikes, and boats over the last 7 years. I have chosen the Supra over her many nights and she always understands..................

I would also like to thank Kwnate he is the best Political Manager a guy could ask for. Without him I would be just another political Supra wanta be.......

Finally I would like to say thank you to all that make this forum so great. I am proud to have my SM sticker on my back window..................

The Low down on what Ryan Entered:

Year: 1989
Colour: The Original Blue

Engine: 7MGE 143K Completely Stock

Induction: Stock

Fuel: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: Stock

Brakes: Stock

Interior: Blue Cloth Seats, Door and side inserts done in stock blue leather, Targa Liner is Stock blue leather, headliner is stock blue leather.

Body: Completely stock with the exception of a shaved supra front emblem. Repainted it the original color. Added turbo spoiler when I repainted it.

Additional Info:
I saved this car from the wrecking yard about 3 years ago. I love the MK3 and always wanted one. I had a mk2 in college and hated myself after I sold it, so when I found this car I jumped on it. The car was in very poor shape when I got it. It was hailed out, not running (bhg), wrecked in the front and the interior had mice living in it (FOR REAL). The only positive reason to buy it was that it was a California car with no rust anywhere. It came to ND because previous owner was in the Airforce. This car was built from ebay!!! Used hood, fenders, passenger side headlight, passenger door, targa, spoiler, door panels, leather trim, ect. I found the cloth seats, carpet, visors, at a wrecking yard in MN. The front lip, and seatbelt guides on sm. It took me 1 year to put together. I did all of the work myself including paint, bodywork ect. I learned as I went and loved every hour I spent on the car. The car is now a great example of a Stock NA. I do have many plans for it but I wanted a complete car before I started with anything else. When I decide to do a build everything will be done at once. But for now I am completely happy with a stock NA Targa. The Supra is my summer toy. It kills me when I have to put it away every year for six long months.

A Brief from Ryan on his ROTM Entry:

I think I have summed it all up above. I don’t deserve ROTM any more than anyone else. I love SM and have found it to be like my mothership. I enjoy helping others and really enjoy the members. If you are looking for a car that was saved, an owner that loves these cars, and a car that is very proud to be NA and stock than choose my car. Thank you so much for the NA ROTM special olimpics. I look forward to seeing who comes out on top.

I hope everyone has a Chance to Congratulate Ryan on his great effort with his car.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ummmm...

015_15.jpg

DAMMIT! why didnt I think of that!

Hey congrats man on a well deserved win! Hearing what you had to go through to get that car in the shape it is makes the sting of losing to you totally wash away! :)

3 cheers for 'Soup!

PS. Any way we can find out who the runner up was? ;) ....:D

EDIT:no, nevermind, I'll just tell myself it was me and live in that fantasy for now...please dont burst my bubble...ROFL!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Thanks guys!!!

Fist of all I would like to say a couple of things. Thank you all for making this forum a place I felt welcome from day one.

1. Two years ago when I had this car half ass together kwnate on another websight answered my first supra question. (you always got my back) I then found sm and never strayed!!!!

2. I would like to say I was up against some great cars and even better people. After I won last night I talked with GotToyota? (Matt) in a PM and he wanted this just as bad as I did. Matt your a great friend and a hard guy to beat. Thanks for making this last month so much fun..................

As far as the brake lines???? They are going on before I put the car away this winter. I figure they should give me like an extra 30 hp and I will finally have something to put in my mod section.
(hmmm, mabey a brakeline build thread)

As far as my plans for the car??? My wife and I just had a baby 6 months ago, our first......... We tried for 2+ years and had to go through so much to have her. We are in the process of house shopping!!! My first priority is a house that I can raise my daughter in with a home shop from hell. I then will have to figure out if I build this car or not???? I may take a lesson from Suprahero and have two. One NA and one built Turbo. Time will tell.............
Again thanks to all who voted for me and I cant wait to see my car at the top of the banner.....
Soup

Last edited:

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Congrats on the win Soup. I was bummed at the fact that I didn't win this month, regardless of the previous months I've entered (I lost those as well, obviously). Oh well, maybe my time will come someday?

-Matt

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Im glad that you got the win, but as Kwnate said, are you gonna put the brake lines in, or keep it completley stock?

You have a damn fine example of toyota supras.

-William

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
s383mmber1 said:
Im glad that you got the win, but as Kwnate said, are you gonna put the brake lines in, or keep it completley stock?

You have a damn fine example of toyota supras.

-William

Thanks Will

Yes I am going to put them on!!!!! They will be my first mod............:evil2:
Look out im going crazy on a build now. I was thinking at first the brake lines would give me an extra 30 rwhp. But after much thought I am thinking I could be the fastest car on the forum. My days of racing Ice Cream and Ups trucks will be over. There is this really fast Ford Festiva in town once I get those brake lines on that dude is going down..............lol:biglaugh:

Thank you JSCSpeed!!!! I really do appreciate the lines........

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Thanks Brandon!!!!

(Smurf Blue) uhum Ice Blue is a great color!!! If only I could get it to photograph well???? All of my pictures seem to come out with shine in places and not so much shine in others. I think the color overwelmes my camera....:dunno:

Birds really seem to like the color too!!!! I dont know if they think its water or what but if I leave the car out overnight/through the day my wifes car(tan), and my truck (white) are both spared... But the supra gets pooped on like crazy. I dont know mabey I have special bird paint...:cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.