WI Supra owners.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
my mkiii is a shell with alot of intereor parts, no tranny, some random stuff in the engine bay. nothing worth keeping under the hood.

fastfive_ogt

Feb 26, 2008
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Oh I see. I am more interested in tryin to find a good mkIII thats all together with a nice body and turbo 5 spd. Seems they are getting harder and harder to find. I might just wait till next year so I can get a nice one rather than pushing it and getting an ok one. I will have more money next year and with the sale of my talon I will have a pretty good chunk of money to buy a nice starter car. That is for a 2jz swap. I love that engine now that my brother is running it in his car wow how sweet is that thing.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I know where a not so straight one that needs some work is.... asking too much but it's been sitting there all winter fs. I bet you could offer him almost nothing and snag it. If not there will be a lot fs this spring probably. I was thinking about selling one of mine but, I probably won't.

fastfive_ogt

Feb 26, 2008
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Yeah I found one on craigslist listed in milwaukee's parts section. I offered to trade him for my laser rs turbo and he said he will but of course is now not replying to my emails. Oh well I am not in any huge rush as its still winter. Tell me more about the mkIII you know of? what kind of work does it need and what do you mean not straight? Crashed?

fastfive_ogt

Feb 26, 2008
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
yeah, I don't have that kinda cash right now layin around. I have alot of money tied up in my laser, talon combo right now. I think I might just finish my car and sell it then make some attempt to pick up a supra. It will happen though.....lol

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
SupraOfDoom;946111 said:
Or, if you have this much to spend I'd recommend this guys car:
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/594980314.html
He is a cool guy, I've met him thats my ex-front bumper from my sig. That car is also a pretty good deal, he just painted it last summer. MSG him on here or supraforums, his name is 1jzsupraguy. Or you can just email him on craigslist, might work best.

I almost bought that last summer, then shit came up. Paint on it is pretty clean, needs a little touch up here and there but its a good car.

And 87m gte, I haven't forgotten about the doors and fender, just been real busy, I will at the very least call you this weekend.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
MN here...just on the border across from Hudson.

I didn't figure anyone from WI would be on today after FARVE leaving you today

Jack
SupraSport
Vikings...woohoo

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
fastfive_ogt;946391 said:
yeah, I don't have that kinda cash right now layin around. I have alot of money tied up in my laser, talon combo right now. I think I might just finish my car and sell it then make some attempt to pick up a supra. It will happen though.....lol

I've decided to sell mine again if you want it. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54777

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Anyone have any flat trim pieces for the doors in 87-88 style like the ones in my for sale thread? I really need some to help my price. Also looking for some bulb fixtures for the rear tail lights. I will trade the other stuff I have like an 89+ front bumper, 89+ turns, and that Supra stitched transmission tunnel piece. :) Thanks.

*Edit* Also the Supra badge for the front nose, and some tail light gaskets in good condition!

fastfive_ogt

Feb 26, 2008
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Supra of doom, you wouldn't be interested in a trade huh? Oh thats right you owe money on the supra don't you? I am waiting till warmer weather to finish up my car as I have to use body molding glue and it doesn't stick too well in the cold weather. My laser is pretty much perfect but I like the talons better so I was going to convert it to the talon body style. I still got the talon tsi in my garage and its the same color as my laser. This way I don't have to paint it at all. I might just put the laser up for sale and try and recoupe some money out of the talon parts I have. Not sure yet though. But man that supra is pretty clean. I would really like to pick it up but gotta work out something with my current dsm's.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, its not exactly ready to sell yet. I haven't even installed the brakes because of the weather... so you have sometime. It might be in even better condition by then, I'm trying to fix everything on the bad list.

But anyway, yeah, can't do trades. I've already been late on my loan before and I just want to get it over with.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
well its kinda spring... how bout (depending on the weather) a early april local meet? also on the 10th of april its import wars at GLD
(great lakes dragaway) ...and thats fun, alot of hondas but whatever a few ppl have some good/fast stuff!!!!

fastfive_ogt

Feb 26, 2008
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Ok guys I don't want to get laughed off the boards or post something that has already been posted but here goes. I am going to eventually buy a mkIII supra and my main reason is I want to swap a 2jz-gte (JDM) engine into it. I hear all about ma70's etc... Can someone please tell me what year supra's ma70's are and what all the other mkIII's are. Also which is the best one to use to do such a swap? I'm not going to try and find a rhd one so thats out of the ?. Thanks much fellow wisconsinites for the help on this subject.