why do you make your supra fast?

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
bmoss85;996536 said:
fast is never fast enough.

I told that to a cop once. He didn't like it very much.

I truly like the feeling of accomplishment. When I dive into the engine bay and screw with so much stuff I don't know when to end, I know I've done my job. When I find my way out again and see the results, it's like sex; it's a damn good feeling.

Coming from the perspective of function over form, if something doesn't effect the HP or drivability, it's not really pressing until it starts to eat at my eyes.

One day I want to have a total of 4 Supras in my driveway. One with each engine platform under the hood. The supras would have a 7M NA, turbo, a 1JZ-GTE, and a 2JZ-GTE. If I go buck wild with the collection I might have one engine for a single turbo, and another for the twin turbos, I'm not sure yet. Only time and a wallet will tell.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I was actually planning on having my Supra with the 7M, swap a 1G-GTE into my Miata, then get a MkIV and turbo it. Every Supra engine at their pinnacle....although the 1G was the only G engine and was made from 1979-2006 or 2007 so yeah

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Why ask why when How is so much more fun?

I build my supra because it's old, things need replacing, and why put stock back in a place where a performance part can go? That and, I used to drive a 4door 4cyl accord, I have earned my right to have a fast car!

frax

Mar 24, 2007
los alamos
Because at this point there is no turning back.
That and to prove everybody wrong. No one thinks i will finish and it will stay running so i have to prove them wrong.

That and its fun and what better for an all around car (roadrace, autox, and drag) than a supra

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
tbcmorris;996166 said:
So I am under my car and I pull a smooth one on myself and hit myself in theface with my driveshaft. As I am sitting there in pain the thought crosses my mind....Why?

So SM why do you guys do it? For the love of speed...for drag racing.....autocross.....drift.....fun.....any other reasons?

I do it for that feeling of accomplishment. A project completed and a job well done are some of the reasons. Also nothing compares to that feeling you get from a boosted motor when the lag ends and it sucks you into the seat and you look down at the triple digits on the speedo and go opps.

fun,and autocross.but my cars slow

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
Because it's a turbo car and it's supra turbo , make it go fast so i can feel the boost . Unlike slow ass hondas with fart cans all over the places which not much of the different from my lawn mower !:biglaugh:

Last edited:

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
tbcmorris;996166 said:
So SM why do you guys do it? For the love of speed...for drag racing.....autocross.....drift.....fun.....any other reasons?

in the words of ricky bobby:

"I wanna go fast"

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
IJ.;996435 said:
Because I'm a "tinkerer" I can't help but pull things apart to see how they work and make them better if possible.

Always been this way it's something I can't help ;)

Add to this the motto "If some is good more is better and too much is just right"

+1 Everything i have ever owned has been taken apartand 90% of the time they go back togeather lol

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Why? > because I am subliminaly perfecting the technique of pissing my wife off, and the supra is one of many methods of doing it.....

Didn't want to let anything less than a z06 hand me my ass and power/boost/speed is addictive....

Sawbladz;996196 said:
To feel like I have accomplished something. When I drive into parking lots and people stop what they're doing to look, I feel that I have accomplished my goal.

Anybody ever say your car looks like a ferrai? lol I say that because yours is red and for some reason alot of AVERAGE people make a connection between our cars and red. Then they say "OMG is that a real Ferrai?"