Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I chew instead

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

MK-111

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2007
Wigan
smoked on and off for the last 30 years, more on than off, quit for 6 months a few years back, then the marriage went tits up, and I was soooo stressed out I started again.
I will never win a 100m sprint, but other than that no health issues that I know about.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I have smoked a cigarette here or there for several years, but when I did it was only 1 every few months or years. My dad smokes 2-3 packs a day and it kills me to see him smoking his money away, especially considering he is broke. I hate smoking with a passion and the smell of it makes me have breathing issues. When I was in the Marines a lot of my friends chewed or dipped and it grossed me out. Any time I would smell that crap or see their dip bottles/cups I would come close to vomiting. Hell, I still do.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
mk3_supra;1255890 said:
Yes, and I think if you only smoke when you drink you're idiot just trying to look cool when you're drunk. If you don't drink enough to consider your' self a smoker you shouldn't be smoking when you drink then.

only when i am drunk
most of the time I don't even remember I smoked. I can smell it and taste it in the morning. your right I'm an idiot when I drink, never known any one that is not an idiot when drunk.

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
I smoke, even quit for a year but felt I was missing something I enjoyed in life. Marlboro light or reds is my fav. I guess if health problem surfaces I'll think about quitting but 10 yrs ago people would smoke 2 packs a day....I'll be lucky to smoke a pack in 4 days.

I'd be pretty pissed to get killed in a car accident or mishap and to have quit smoking.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
As a kid and teenager I DESPISED smokers and smoking, and then I started going out drinking and clubbing with friends who smoked... It started as one here and there and now I smoke about 10 a day... For me, it is a stress-reliever...

I am planning on quitting, especially now as I am working on getting fit again...

Hopefully come my bday I will be smoke free.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Guilty as charged. 7 (almost 8) years here, and was a pack a day for quite a while (4 years). Now, I average 5 packs a week (and feel a lot better).
Marb Light is the weapon of choice, although if I am sick I will switch to ultralight menthol, and if I know I am going out drinking I'll grab ultralights to save my throat some pain. If I run out and need to bum one, I am not picky at all.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease----COPD Google it.

If you smoke, this is in your future. Most of you won't care, so what you need to do is go talk to people with it. They are easy to find. People who have to have supplemental oxygen on all the time and can't walk across the room or speak a full sentence without becoming short of breath. They die struggling for every breath because they are slowly suffocating. I'm a paramedic and have seen many people die from this and let me tell you it's an awful way to go. I watched my father-in-law slowly die from it and now we're having to watch my father go through the same thing. Breathing treatments eight times a day, oxygen at night, etc...

Also consider that smoking makes you stink and ages you times ten. And it fucks up your sense of taste and smell.

Now I kinda feel like the pot calling the kettle black because I love cheeseburgers and eat too many of them. They have made me fat in the belly and are probably at work clogging my arteries so smoke away people, and I'll devour a double meat Whataburger with cheese.:biglaugh:

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Been smoking for about 25 years. Got tired of paying the punishment tax that the government has put on cigarettes and started to make my own. Strangely enough I went from two packs a day to less then 15 a day and I save over $120 bucks a month.

Tops and Zig-Zag have starter kits with filter-tubes for the cost of a carton of cigarettes. A 6 oz can of tobacco is about $10 and a carton of filter-tubes is $4. I've used the money I've saved to pay off my bills and start working on my car.

The aging thing is BS. That statement was made many years ago when most of the working class smoked. A lot has to do you how much time you spent outside in the sun and genetics. I'm 40 and I get mistaken for being 10 to 15 years younger. My mother is almost 70 and to look at her you would think she was around 50. I've also seen non-smokers that are in their mid 20's and look like they are in there late 30's because they spend a lot of time sun tanning.

Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
labrat469;1256511 said:
The aging thing is BS. That statement was made many years ago when most of the working class smoked. A lot has to do you how much time you spent outside in the sun and genetics. I'm 40 and I get mistaken for being 10 to 15 years younger. My mother is almost 70 and to look at her you would think she was around 50. I've also seen non-smokers that are in their mid 20's and look like they are in there late 30's because they spend a lot of time sun tanning.

Aging is a broad term that doesn't just concern your skin. It ages your body at the cellular level and that is more of what I was referring to. This is one of many articles referring to such.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/138316.php

Congratulations on looking 25 even though you're 40. You are an exception. Later on in life when you're dying from some smoking relating illness, you can at least say you look damn good.:sarcasm:

Look, I don't care if you smoke twenty packs a day. It's a free country(for now) , do whatever you all want. But it irritates me when I see these people dying, they have the nerve to blame the cigarettes and their makers for their illnesses, and the US Govt for not protecting them more from the evil tobacco industry, as if they didn't know.

Sorry for the political rant OP. Back to the poll. Now where's my chili cheeseburger at?:biglaugh:

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
That because people do not want to accept the consequences of their own actions. When doctors first started to notice the connection between smoking and the increase risk of cancer most smokers did not know that nicotine was addictive nor that the hundred or so chemicals in cigarette smoke could cause cancer. I could see saying that the smoker did not know the risk they were taking when smoking back then and even up to the early 70's. But in this day and age people know the risks but are lawsuit happiness and will sue for any reason. I know the risk I'm taking and I accepted the risks.

You are not the only person whose father is dying of COPD. Add the fact that he was also exposed to asbestos and years of wood working and automotive chemicals. As for me cigarette smoking is the least of my concerns because like father like son. Because of the chemicals I've been exposed to while working in factories and construction I'm more likely to die from organ failure or some other cancer that is not smoking related.

Now step away from that burger

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
staticpage;1256300 said:
only when i am drunk
most of the time I don't even remember I smoked. I can smell it and taste it in the morning. your right I'm an idiot when I drink, never known any one that is not an idiot when drunk.

Hey why not smoke crack while you're at it since being drunk is a good enough excuse to do something you'd never do sober?:biglaugh:

edit: I'm a dick when I try to discourage people from smoking. Still true though.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I started smoking every now and then when I drank. Then it turned into smoking for about a year when I was 16-17. Then I started dipping when I was 18 and have been ever since then. I quit smoking completely even when I drink 2 years ago.

I just turned 23 Saturday so about 5 years of smokeless tobacco for me. I go to the dentist biannually and always have a clean bill, no signs of gums receding or anything wrong. Im not a hardcore can a day guy or anything usually only dip on average about twice a day. Some days it's never, or once or three times at the most. Usually takes me about two weeks to go through a whole $2 can so it doesn't kill my pockets either.

I'll stop one day I suppose.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
mk3_supra;1256609 said:
Hey why not smoke crack while you're at it since being drunk is a good enough excuse to do something you'd never do sober?:biglaugh:

edit: I'm a dick when I try to discourage people from smoking. Still true though.

cus crack is whack. and crack is the worst smelling thing I ever got a whiff of.

who said I never burn one sober to dull the edge, especially after getting off the phone with my ex-wife. If I die from any thing I would guess it to be her not David off's:: rant3 ::