Who has an addiction with dumping wayy too much $$$ into their supra

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Every time I think about exactly how much I've put into it i start getting a little depressed. Now, granted a quick drive takes all those feelings away but it still eats at me.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
blk92suprat;1087992 said:
I have had my 92t for about 6 years now.

I aproxx. dropped 12k into it. Its a freakin addiction! Thats more then the freakin car is worth.
As much as I love the mk3 supra Im going to start saving up for a 93-95 rx7 wit the ls1 swap.

Anyone else crazy like me????

16 yrs here.

Quin;1088017 said:
Think we all are, it is called SupraMania after all... ;)

:boink:

buckshotglass;1088022 said:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think we are both in a state of denial.

blk92suprat;1088056 said:
True that..the money i quoted does not even count maintenence...just aftermarket mods whether it be performance/looks/sound system.

But seriously, who is satisfied with driving a stock supra????

IJ.;1088060 said:
I was for many many years.....

dunno just when I actually lost my mind but I suspect my bank statements would pinpoint that. :(

Dude this is NOT a good thread <jk>

:rofl:

I've learned to like the therapy sessions!

too_stand

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2005
Campton Kentucky
blk92suprat;1088056 said:
True that..the money i quoted does not even count maintenence...just aftermarket mods whether it be performance/looks/sound system.

But seriously, who is satisfied with driving a stock supra????

I am, ( well for the most part ..lol) especially for a daily driver, AND for lasting value. Most "upgrades" added are "downgrades" in the lasting value. You can see an mk3 on eBay iin average condition with $5k in upgrades and it will bring maybe $3K, whereas a pure stock one in similiar condition without the "upgrades" will bring more. In fact a pure stock non turbo if it is clean brings a premium on eBay, and if you ever have selling in the back of your mind, eBay is a good measure of worth for resale. Dont get me wrong, I would love having a Supra with 1000 hp, but then I also believe at that point I would be wanting 1100 etc.....

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOL, addiction isn't the word for it, because an addiction you can get rid of.
As for me, I spent around 6-7k trying to restore it.
Then I bought the 2jz and all the stuff to make it go, and well yea
Total for me is around 20k

bought the car for 2k. LOL
And then I bought another one.

So yea addiction no....I like supraheros words....STD...Supra Transmitted Disease

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
What addiction? It's kind of like being online reading this thread at 7:30
on a Saturday morning! I've had mine for 17 yrs, well over 30k and still
going & still no satisfaction. I would still rather do this than play golf @
$120 a round. Oh yea, anyone know where I can get some vented head
light covers?

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
i went broke to get mine.. so.. when i decide to start modding again. oh boy.. lol.. yeah.. i cant drive a stock supra.. im doing that now and its kinda boring for the most part.. i want the car to be a little wilder.. around d350-400whp soundds good

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
I spent more last month than most people spend period... IJ Im with you on the cylinder head stuff.. I have two that are cut into pieces just so I know exactly how far I can go with the port work...suspension chasis work.. I dont even want to get started with
the engines.. yes I have two.......

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Tun_x;1088237 said:
I spent more last month than most people spend period... IJ Im with you on the cylinder head stuff.. I have two that are cut into pieces just so I know exactly how far I can go with the port work...suspension chasis work.. I dont even want to get started with
the engines.. yes I have two.......
Addiction Reality: As long as you have one it never ends!

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Bought mine for 2500, and I knew the motor was hurt; drove it 3-4 times then pulled the motor, 5 years later (& three moves later), dumped 6-7k just into motor and all mechanical parts, and she still is not even back on the street yet....but it should be in the next couple weeks. Then its $$$ for paint, tires, exhuast, 550cc fuel injectors, interior and as always more go fast goodies. I would call it a leach, but leaches only take what they need to survive and then let go...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I really don't want to add it up, but for arguments sake.....
Around 8k total, including the parts that are not installed yet. Getting a new wastegate on tuesday so I can attempt to install the single. Still need oil lines, and IC pipes.

See sig for reasoning.