Who ever said you can't have the OEM cruise control working with a FFIM was WRONG!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I dont remember who posted it but I have just proved it that you can! I have it working on my 89 trubo. Right now it isn't the best at low speeds (kind of jumpie under 60ish). So I need to move the conection point from the cruise control cable to the TB, out away farther from the center point of the Q45 that I have on my FFIM.

But at 70-75 mph it worked great, no jumping!!! It is not like the OEM setup where it has it's own spring loaded arm. The way I have it set up it flexes, twists, the CC cable when not in use. But I now have it working, and know it can be done so now I will just tinker with it more.

Just want all of you to know that with ambition you don't have to ditch the cruise control and A/C on a 7M with a FFIM. Im proof that it can be done :icon_bigg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
When I go out to the garage today I can take some pics. also. Remember they wont be the prettiest, but it looks ok ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
s383mmber1;1271257 said:
Did you modify the location, or ANYTHING on the cruise control from a stock supra? Because then im pretty sure it not OEM....

Nope the CC unit, vacuum pump, cable, switches, ect. are in the OEM location, and all OEM

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Here are a couple quick pics. I'm still cleaning the garage since it is super nice out today.
As I said it is working and just needs tinkering to make it look cleaner and work better at low speeds.
The CC cable's black rubber coating melted off it last summer, it touched the alt. B cable, opps. Also don't worry about the vacuum line to the FPR, I have been lazy on replacing it to the VSV witch is under the intake manifold, and is a PITA to get to.
p1271313_1.jpg

It can notconnect on top like I planned, because it hits the hood :(
p1271313_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Poodles;1271707 said:
Yeah, but you run the JDM setup (still need to reasearch that...)

I do! How is that? I think this is 100% in the USA, and for that fact made right in central Minnesota:biglaugh:

BTW poo JDM connects to gas pedel IIRC, and mine dose not.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
LHD cruise is different to RHD cruise, never knew that. Its true you do learn something new every day.