Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

WI88Supra

WI Supra Fan
You guys are going the wrong way. Just get a taller tire!! A 70 series snow tire will totally fit on a mk3 with stock 23 year old suspension that has no travel left in it lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
Montero22;1774493 said:
Ok. I'm going with +25 for the back. The wheels I'm getting are ESM-004 (Silver) from ESM wheels.
p1778156_1.jpg

Size Front 19 x 8.5 +35 with 245/35 19"
Rear 19 x 9.5 +25 with 275/35 19"

I'm on Intrax springs with Bilstein heights adjustable shocks.

Be prepared to cut or roll your rear fenders. I am running those same rims and offsets.

ocerrahyan

Feb 13, 2009
maryland
zambini;1705770 said:
hey guys,

I'm going to get a set of saleen sc replicas from teh ebay. I am faced with the choice of either running 17x9 +24 all around with a staggered tire setup, or purchasing an actually staggered set with the 17x10 +25 dished rears. This is gonna push the rear wheels out past the fenders, i presume.. couldnt find pictures of anyone running a 17x10 +25 in the rear without crazy stretched tires. I'd like to run a 265 or 275 if possible, with perhaps a little fender pulling/ beating.. is this impossible? is it just gonna rub all the time? I'm running eibachs and tokikos, so nothing crazy in terms of drop.

here are a couple pictures of CyFi6's car running the wheels without the 10" rears.

attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks

Aaron

I was also curious about this. Posted this info on another board and on this site but didnt get any feedback. Can anyone chime in and help? Also curious about the wheels and the tire fitment needed for the 17x10s.

Thank You

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Hey bor, how would mkiv tts with a 20mm spacer in the rear and 25mm in the front with (245/45/17 and 275/40/17) fit? or would u recommend diff size spacers?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
ocerrahyan;1778556 said:
Thank You BorHor, i appreciate the quick response. Do you run the same size up front by any chance?
thanks again brother

Not to be an idiot, but why do you want to run a 10 inch rim in front? That's going to make your steering feel very heavy.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
xzeror;1778666 said:
Hey bor, how would mkiv tts with a 20mm spacer in the rear and 25mm in the front with (245/45/17 and 275/40/17) fit? or would u recommend diff size spacers?

It would look pretty good. Should fit with some fender rolling.

ocerrahyan

Feb 13, 2009
maryland
IBoughtASupra;1778672 said:
Not to be an idiot, but why do you want to run a 10 inch rim in front? That's going to make your steering feel very heavy.

I ran a 10 inch wide tire on my NA-T SC300 for years before i sold it, it just looked better period and was not hard to turn. My Grand National runs a 10inch widewheel up front but does rub on bounces. It was just a question really. HTH

*EDIT* The buick "ran" that wide of a tire but were cragars before i put the original wheels back on.

Last edited:

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Okay...i went to the first page and clicked the ones that i felt closest to what i want. But i'll be honest, i want to know if anyone can give me some clearer and definite answers.

So i finally picked out the rims i want (Enkei RPF1's) and they have them in the 17 inch size i want as well. With what i have circled in the spec sheet from Enkei's website, is there any way, with the available offsets, i will be able to make these work?

Now i also want to let you guys know, i'm not going to slam my car or anything, pretty much just going to be about a 1.5" drop from stock. So rubbing "shouldn't" be an issue
Here's the picture of the sizes i have circled:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also, here are two other cars as reference points to what i want to do.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also, BorHor and Steven89, if you don't want me using your photos, please let me know, i'll take them down right away.

I know this is a lot to ask of everyone, but i'm sure there are some wheel gurus on here that can help me out :)

again, car will not be slammed.

The tires I will be putting on are Nitto NT-05 F-255/40/17 R-275/40/17

again, i know this is a lot, but if anyone can help, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much

-Dan

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
^ Dan

With the tires you want I would go with the 17x9 +35 and 17x10 +38. I would consider that the nice clean fitment. It should clear with out fender work. And also because you will not be slammed I believe it will look the best over all. Having lower offset wheels + high car = FAIL.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
BorHor;1782486 said:
^ Dan

With the tires you want I would go with the 17x9 +35 and 17x10 +38. I would consider that the nice clean fitment. It should clear with out fender work. And also because you will not be slammed I believe it will look the best over all. Having lower offset wheels + high car = FAIL.

Hey BorHor, thank you for the quick reply!

okay cool, that sounds good. If it sticks out the tiniest bit to the outside, that's okay. I just don't want it rubbing against my suspension (i suppose i could get like 5mm wheel spacer if i had too)

I couldn't agree more, i figure with a decent drop (not slammed, looking at about 1.5") and nice meaty tires/rims it should have a good 'stance'.

Again, thanks bud :)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
lithium14;1782492 said:
I still do not understand why ppl run a taller tire on the front than the rear... o_O

When I buy tires for my wheels I always try and get them equal or taller in the rear. The middle number of the tires is the height % in relation to the width. So it may seem like the number is larger in the front but in reality the height is actually the same or taller in the rear

shimafan02

Sep 4, 2010
Kentucky
I've been lookin for wheels and came across varrstoens in 17x9 +30 haven't seen this size up in this thread but curious about fitment cause I don't really have the option of rolling/pulling my fenders at the moment :(